Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    No Raps. The Knicks on the other hand continues to get Christmas day games.

Biggest markets in the NBA will always get a game. And super star lead teams will get the others.

Personally I don't get the big attraction. Especially now that the NFL is putting on games at Christmas. It will all just blend in like any other game of the week.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Biggest markets in the NBA will always get a game. And super star lead teams will get the others.

Personally I don't get the big attraction. Especially now that the NFL is putting on games at Christmas. It will all just blend in like any other game of the week.

So how come the Clippers aren't playing on Christmas day? big market team and they have a couple of superstars on their team. The Nets are another one. Big market team and they have KD.

Anyhow, other than the Lakers/Mavs game and the Grizz/Warriors game, none of those games really interest me.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think it's time for the NBA to start promoting their best young players. They're doing a great job on Luka who's at the top of the list. But I want to see more of Zion Williamson, I want to see more of Scottie Barnes, Evan Mobley, Anthony Edwards.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think it's time for the NBA to start promoting their best young players. They're doing a great job on Luka who's at the top of the list. But I want to see more of Zion Williamson, I want to see more of Scottie Barnes, Evan Mobley, Anthony Edwards.

new orleans has been on national television a lot since zion was drafted, he just hasn't played much. i agree with the general sentiment of this post though.

Comment

• They are starting to promote the young players more as the LeBron era fades. Ja and Trae get a lot of attention as does Luka. Zion has to be playing to get attention and he hasn't been able to do that. Scottie's draft class hasn't proved anything yet but will be up next.

Comment

• The NBA has been using their stars to market the game more than the teams or rivalries like football/hockey does it. And it will backfire when one of these stars gets hurt or doesn't play. It's not the 80's anymore where guys played every game.

But that also means Scottie will likely be in the NBA spotlight really soon. His game has to translate a little still, but he's got the personality to be a star in this league.

Either way it's good to see the Grizzlies at least get a game. This must be their first Christmas game. I doubt they even got one during the Grit and Grind era, but I'm not sure.

Comment

So how come the Clippers aren't playing on Christmas day? big market team and they have a couple of superstars on their team. The Nets are another one. Big market team and they have KD.

Anyhow, other than the Lakers/Mavs game and the Grizz/Warriors game, none of those games really interest me.
                Problem with the Clippers is you can't quite trust that their stars will be healthy. Especially Kawhi. The Nets are a dysfunctional mess. Who knows who they'll have when the season starts.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

This is actually true, but you will never believe it, because you are too stoned on propaganda.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sino/wiki/fakenews-china

Don't @ me, as the kids say, I'm not going to waste my time discussion this here, and it's also off topic.
                  Reddit ?
                  A compilation of blogger hot takes as a credible news source ?
                  C'mon man.

Your right its off topic. I can't help it. Its a medical condition. I am allergic to bullshit.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

No doubt social justice and business is indeed a slippery slope… where do you draw the line? It’s literally endless. I mean, have you or I stopped buying products from China? Look in the mirror. That’s where Xi’s power is really coming from: Our wallets. If anything, the NBA is bringing some of our capital back to North America and putting it in friendly (albeit greedy) hands.

But it’s easy to understand why the NBA would take a stand on police brutality against young black men. That’s a no brainer issue to rally behind, given the demographics of the players.
                      And those two themes.... the very visible commitment the NBA made to bring the focus that only sports can bring to step up on changing how policing materially differs based on skin colour .....compared to the "look the other way and remain silent approach" when the the same egregious acts of state force are levied against elements visible minorities that the Chinese state deems to be acceptable when big money was at risk. Its not as if CCP human rights practices are something new,

The NBA perfected the art of breathing in and out simultaneously on this one.

- TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        They are starting to promote the young players more as the LeBron era fades. Ja and Trae get a lot of attention as does Luka. Zion has to be playing to get attention and he hasn't been able to do that. Scottie's draft class hasn't proved anything yet but will be up next.
                        Thank goodness.
                        Lebron has hung on far to long....

The new faces of the NBA are about to get their chance... .The guys you mentioned... Morant... Young...and others like Luka... Tatum and Brown....The Ball brothers....
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

And those two themes.... the very visible commitment the NBA made to bring the focus that only sports can bring to step up on changing how policing materially differs based on skin colour .....compared to the "look the other way and remain silent approach" when the the same egregious acts of state force are levied against elements visible minorities that the Chinese state deems to be acceptable when big money was at risk. Its not as if CCP human rights practices are something new,

The NBA perfected the art of breathing in and out simultaneously on this one.
                          Ah, Demo.... you're falling into the classic debating trap called "what about'ism", which implies that you can't do anything for anybody unless you're doing everything for everybody. But what about ______ ?

Well... I think the old adage should apply here: "charity begins at home". Fix problems in your own house, affecting your own people in your own backyard. Could the NBA be taking a stronger stand on China? Absolutely. So could you and I.

And like I said... Xi's biggest enablers aren't the NBA. The NBA is actually siphoning power (i.e. cash) away from him. Xi's biggest enablers are you and I... via Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, etc... I don't see any large scale protests against those companies. Those stores are packed to the gills these days, since things opened up.

You are calling out the NBA over China, but have you stopped buying products from China? Do you even check the label anymore?

I'm throwing that "What about'ism right back at you." Criticizing the NBA on China, but then buying products from Xi? Isn't that also a form of sucking and blowing?
                          Last edited by golden; Mon Aug 15, 2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Reddit ?
                            A compilation of blogger hot takes as a credible news source ?
                            C'mon man.

Your right its off topic. I can't help it. Its a medical condition. I am allergic to bullshit.
                            What's credible to you?

CNN?
                            Fox?

The US government?
                            Pelosi stating that China is one of the freeist societies in the world?
                            Biden blaming Putin for America's problems right now?

There's always two sides to every story.
                            Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Aug 15, 2022, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              What's credible to you?
                              Just leave it man, he's stoned on propaganda, r/Sino has extensive citations and backs up their work clearly. Westerners are programmed to ignore it, will always reject it out of hand no matter what. The official enemies of their masters will always be despotic, cruel, mad man, barely human, just as the propaganda says, same as it ever was.

Stick with basketball please. Or take it to that other forum here where dumb people can debate politics.

edit: here are some other good political sources for serious people:

- https://thetricontinental.org/
                              - https://peoplesdispatch.org/
                              - https://www.qiaocollective.com/
                              - https://progressive.international/
                              -
                              https://www.newsclick.in/
                              - https://blackagendareport.com/
                              - https://www.blackpowermedia.org/

Again, take it or leave it, don't @ me

Thanks.
                              Last edited by Quirk; Mon Aug 15, 2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• I agree.
                                Let's go back to basketball folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X