Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Svi, GTJ, for Mcdermoutt and the #9?
    I'd be very into trying to use GTJ to get into the lottery of the draft, assuming Masai/Bobby has a target in mind, but I wonder whether teams would value him enough for that with only one season left before UFA.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Svi, GTJ, for Mcdermoutt and the #9?
      People need to stop this. Teams are not trading a high draft pick for Trent. I could see teams offering a late 1st for him. But a lottery pick? zero chance.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It will be interesting what the last four teams in the playoffs will do if they don’t make it to the last dance. It may meant that they are just one piece away to get over that hump. They may need that one more complementary player to their existing Star or Stars to possibly win it all.

Like for example Dallas, if they don’t make it…what package can they offer the Raptors to get Siakam or Van Vleet

same thing with Golden State, Heat or Boston.

even Phoenix, will they make the necessary move to acquire a fringe All Star like Siakam to pair with Booker.

this offseason, Masai or Bobby maybe passive to not make big moves but if there is that one team who would offer picks and a nice piece that would blow them away, I am sure they are more than willing to move either Siakam or VanVleet.

Comment

• If we trade Gary (which I don’t want to do), it’s gotta be for an upgrade. Gary + a pick should get a pretty good return.

I like the idea of getting Mo Bamba but not for anything more than Flynn + second and filler. Bamba being a RFA makes it a bit more difficult. I don’t think we can afford to trade any of our top 6 for him.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

People need to stop this. Teams are not trading a high draft pick for Trent. I could see teams offering a late 1st for him. But a lottery pick? zero chance.
            I'm just bored lol on this specific one

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              If we trade Gary (which I don’t want to do), it’s gotta be for an upgrade. Gary + a pick should get a pretty good return.

I like the idea of getting Mo Bamba but not for anything more than Flynn + second and filler. Bamba being a RFA makes it a bit more difficult. I don’t think we can afford to trade any of our top 6 for him.
              i think bamba will be priced out of our range.. I think Detroit will chase him now that they are out of the running for chet.

Comment

• Ya, it’s pretty hard to sign a decent RFA when you don’t have cap room. If Bamba really wants to come here and forces the issue, then maybe have a chance…. But once again I wouldn’t move any of the top 6 for him. I don’t like anything that would be coming back in a package.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Ya, it’s pretty hard to sign a decent RFA when you don’t have cap room. If Bamba really wants to come here and forces the issue, then maybe have a chance…. But once again I wouldn’t move any of the top 6 for him. I don’t like anything that would be coming back in a package.
                  Are you guys thinking trade for Bamba as a starter or back up on the Raps? Nurse and Masai speak like Precious is our C of the present and future.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Good sign maybe. He's in TO anyways. Who gets good news at 4 in the morning lol? Hope he's clean, could be a huge boost to the bench next season.
                    Only 2 people. Those expecting a baby to be born, or druggies that had a dealer answer the phone. Hopefully Jalen was expecting a baby.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think we should dampen expectations of Jalen Harris and the impact he could have if back on the Raptors.

He has 13 games of NBA experience.
                      8 of those games were in May and the team's record in those 8 games was 1 win 7 losses.
                      He played, what you could call, well in 5 of his 13 games. All losses!

He is under 6'3" barefoot but does have a 6'7 wing span, he does not solve any size issues in the backcourt and is limited in his switch-ability on defense.

He is older that Gary Trent!
                      I think an established NBA player that is looking for a defined role and can bring some consistency is what we need.

UFA Shooting guards of interest.
                      Gary Harris
                      Malik Monk
                      Josh Jackson (maybe)
                      Damion Lee
                      Bryn Forbes (combo guard)

UFA Point Guards of interest.
                      Tyus Jones
                      Elfrid Payton

RFA Guards that might be gettable.
                      Donte DiVicenzo
                      Lonnie Walker (San An seems loaded at the guard/wing positions)

Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

i think bamba will be priced out of our range.. I think Detroit will chase him now that they are out of the running for chet.
                        Could be ....
                        I wonder if Mo is tired of losing though.
                        It wears on you after a while.
                        Orlando has been poor since Bamba entered the league.

Two year prove it deal with a player option?
                        We need help at all he 5.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          I think we should dampen expectations of Jalen Harris and the impact he could have if back on the Raptors.

He has 13 games of NBA experience.
                          8 of those games were in May and the team's record in those 8 games was 1 win 7 losses.
                          He played, what you could call, well in 5 of his 13 games. All losses!

He is under 6'3" barefoot but does have a 6'7 wing span, he does not solve any size issues in the backcourt and is limited in his switch-ability on defense.

He is older that Gary Trent!
                          I think an established NBA player that is looking for a defined role and can bring some consistency is what we need.

UFA Shooting guards of interest.
                          Gary Harris
                          Malik Monk
                          Josh Jackson (maybe)
                          Damion Lee
                          Bryn Forbes (combo guard)

UFA Point Guards of interest.
                          Tyus Jones
                          Elfrid Payton

RFA Guards that might be gettable.
                          Donte DiVicenzo
                          Lonnie Walker (San An seems loaded at the guard/wing positions)

Good list of targets here. Most of these guys should be available for the MLE. Maybe not Jones who had a great playoffs and regular season. I think he gets a bigger deal (maybe around $12-15M+ AAV).

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Could be ....
                            I wonder if Mo is tired of losing though.
                            It wears on you after a while.
                            Orlando has been poor since Bamba entered the league.

Two year prove it deal with a player option?
                            We need help at all he 5.
                            he is looking to make is money at this age and stage of his career.. he is looking for his first real contract

Comment

• I think we have some pretty low expectations. I just want a reliable 8th man (if Boucher is the 7th), that can come in and steady the ship. I would prefer a guard…. I honestly think Delon would be excellent.

I believe Blake said that Delon welcomed the trade in 2019, because he wasn’t happy with his playing time. But, I think he would be getting the same minutes that he would be getting anywhere else if he came here.

Last edited by saints91; Sat May 21, 2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

he is looking to make is money at this age and stage of his career.. he is looking for his first real contract
                                He has to earn that deal though don’t you think?
                                Mo’s body of work so far doesn’t warrant term and amounts?

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X