Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jclaw wrote: View Post
    An odd early Saturday morning tweet from KD

And people want this humorless killjoy for the gregarious smiling Scottie who everyone loves on the team?

Comment

Not sure which report its from and maybe its been mentioned but..

Report: “(Kevin) Durant, it seems, would only want to play on a Raptors team that includes Scottie Barnes.”

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Exactly this.
        No. no Scottie and certainly not Scottie unless the picks are coming this way.

Comment

The Raptors believe they can make the best Durant offer. But does that mean they should? (sportsnet.ca)

There’s an increasing possibility we’re going to find out. On top of ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reporting Friday that the Raptors are ‘lurking’ in the background of the Kevin Durant trade discussions that have held the NBA hostage in recent days, I can confirm that not only is Toronto ‘lurking,’ but they also feel they can put together the best package of assets the Brooklyn Nets are likely to get.
          There is also a sense – though it’s reading tea leaves at this stage, as teams can’t communicate directly with Durant, who remains under contract with the Nets – that the two-time champion and 11-time all-NBA force of nature is at least open to the possibility of playing in Toronto.
          This is Brooklyn’s best chance to recover something in the wake of what has otherwise been a fiasco since Durant teamed with Kyrie Irving to join forces in the summer of 2019, so teams who want to win this deal are going to have to do it outright.

That the Raptors haven’t already tells you one thing: Toronto has remained fixed on keeping rookie of the year Scottie Barnes out of any package they are offering.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

When you say we're hoarding talent and we're gonna "dominate one way or another, we don't need Durant" .....

....it allllllmost makes it sound like you .... (and I'm sure this can't be right)...... like you believe in more players on this roster than just Scottie, Dalano & Yuta (if Yuta even still counts). .......

(Or maybe it is indeed just those three that are gonna ensure we dominate one way or another?)

((Or is it that .... Zach Edey is gonna save us in 2024?))
            we just need a shooting guard 6’8+, myles turner is my last hope for the off season and yes i beleive in zach eddy

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

And people want this humorless killjoy for the gregarious smiling Scottie who everyone loves on the team?
              I get both points of view.

It's not about not loving Scottie.

Remember when Kawhi was here and it didn't matter what defense we faced he could go out there and get a bucket when needed? That's KD, but at an even greater level. And it would be for 3-4 years depending on how he declines.

I wouldn't do it if Scottie was the price but you add KD and you know the Raps are a favourite to win it all the next couple of years. You have no idea if we come close to that with Barnes.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Remember when Kawhi was here and it didn't matter what defense we faced he could go out there and get a bucket when needed? That's KD, but at an even greater level. And it would be for 3-4 years depending on how he declines.

I wouldn't do it if Scottie was the price but you add KD and you know the Raps are a favourite to win it all the next couple of years. You have no idea if we come close to that with Barnes.
                I don't think Raptors have to add Scottie.

Suns apparently can't make a deal without involving a third team, thats always tough to do. Haven't seen any tweets or reports about the Heat since the first day. Haven't heard anything about Boston or any other team. The last day its only been Toronto and some Phoenix talks.

Considering how long its been so far, Raptors probably could get a deal done quickly if they include Scottie, but feels like they're just waiting while Nets lower their asking price since the Suns won't include Booker and Raptors won't include Scottie.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

I don't think Raptors have to add Scottie.

Suns apparently can't make a deal without involving a third team, thats always tough to do. Haven't seen any tweets or reports about the Heat since the first day. Haven't heard anything about Boston or any other team. The last day its only been Toronto and some Phoenix talks.

Considering how long its been so far, Raptors probably could get a deal done quickly if they include Scottie, but feels like they're just waiting while Nets lower their asking price since the Suns won't include Booker and Raptors won't include Scottie.
                  The twist on that is, if you're the Raptors and you want the best odds at winning a chip with KD, do you include Siakam or Scottie in that trade? You know one of them has to go to make that deal happen.

Masai probably has no intention of trading for KD, but I'm still nervous as f**k LOL.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    Not sure which report its from and maybe its been mentioned but..

Report: “(Kevin) Durant, it seems, would only want to play on a Raptors team that includes Scottie Barnes.”
                    It was from a twitter handle that had "Scottie" in it's name. Never connected the report to anything. Seem random. Good if true but don't think it's based on an actual report

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

It was from a twitter handle that had "Scottie" in it's name. Never connected the report to anything. Seem random. Good if true but don't think it's based on an actual report
                      I saw that tweet. Took as a joke based on the tweet about the Heat and KD not wanting to play without Lowry, Jimmy and Bam.

Comment

The twist on that is, if you're the Raptors and you want the best odds at winning a chip with KD, do you include Siakam or Scottie in that trade? You know one of them has to go to make that deal happen.

Masai probably has no intention of trading for KD, but I'm still nervous as f**k LOL.
                        Masai traded for Kawhi. I'm sure he is looking around for a deal that makes sense. Obviously if it becomes an overpay, he won't do it.

Comment

There is a funny part in this issue, Durant will not win a title in Toronto without Scottie.

Comment

I would "tolerate" KD with Scottie on the team .... but I dread what the possible "give" would have to be seeing what the Gobert deal included.

I absolutely agree with your comparision re KD & KL ... and they were both similarly/facially humorless most often. I have heard KD being quite defensive in his personality also exhibited in his tweets.

The 2019 win did a lot for me personally as far as fandom and that urge to have winner and it occurred quite improbably with KL who had to be dragged onto the team but performed marvellously and then just left. If the KD thing happened it would be different because I see the team decimated and I am not sure KD is on to such a project ... he just dumped the Nets who turned their franchise upside down to accomodate him and he does this? I'm not on with such traits ... but understand that like Barnes such talent is not available too often. A lot must align for him to drop into TO.

Comment

The only way it would work is if you keep two of Scottie, Pascal, and Fred. You need secondary ball handling with KD, and ideally you have more primary ball handling as well. I wouldn’t include Scottie. That means the best offer we can make is OG, Trent/Fred , and a bunch of picks. At the end of the day you just have to do that but I’m not sure it’s enough if BKN can get Bridges and Ayton or even Mitchell. If those offers fall apart then we might be the last ones left standing as potential suitors that can make a legitimate offer.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                                The only way it would work is if you keep two of Scottie, Pascal, and Fred. You need secondary ball handling with KD, and ideally you have more primary ball handling as well. I wouldn’t include Scottie. That means the best offer we can make is OG, Trent/Fred , and a bunch of picks. At the end of the day you just have to do that but I’m not sure it’s enough if BKN can get Bridges and Ayton or even Mitchell. If those offers fall apart then we might be the last ones left standing as potential suitors that can make a legitimate offer.
                                Problem with Ayton is it would be a S&T and Nets won't be able to go over the hard cap, so if a KD to Suns trade happens, a third team will get Ayton.

Comment

Working...
                                X