X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Did you meet other members of RR and figure out who they were on the forums? lol
        I didn't unfortunately. I live right across the boarder from the states so I didn't go on the trip or anything, which meant I was in a different section than most of our fans

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          One last thought.
          SVG's coaching has led the Pistons to a 5-22 record.
          Mo Cheeks had this(more-or-less same) team at 21-29 when he was canned last year..
          During the offseason a vocal group of posters wanted Masai to replace Casey with SVG who is supposedly a much superior coach.
          WTF??
          Josh Smith for some reason thinks hes Ray allen and Brandon Jennings thinks hes the second coming of AI. Don't judge SVG's coaching based on this team. He missed the playoffs only once as a coach; he's legit

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
            Josh Smith for some reason thinks hes Ray allen and Brandon Jennings thinks hes the second coming of AI. Don't judge SVG's coaching based on this team. He missed the playoffs only once as a coach; he's legit
            Not judging him, he's got a shitty team, although it's not much different than the team Mo Cheeks had last year.

SVG has either had Dwight Howard or Dwyane Wade, and one year of Wade and Shaq. This is his first team without a superstar (although admittedly Wade wasn't a superstar his rookie season).

However a lot of people did judge him as better than Casey. Maybe he is, but I'm not convinced. Superstars can make coaches look good D'Antoni/Nash, Brown/Lebron). Hell, maybe Brett Brown is the 2nd best coach in the NBA.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Not judging him, he's got a shitty team, although it's not much different than the team Mo Cheeks had last year.

SVG has either had Dwight Howard or Dwyane Wade, and one year of Wade and Shaq. This is his first team without a superstar (although admittedly Wade wasn't a superstar his rookie season).

However a lot of people did judge him as better than Casey. Maybe he is, but I'm not convinced. Superstars can make coaches look good D'Antoni/Nash, Brown/Lebron). Hell, maybe Brett Brown is the 2nd best coach in the NBA.
              Brett Brown is really a heck of a coach BTW.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                Brett Brown is really a heck of a coach BTW.
                I like the guy. Heard good things about him and listened to a couple of interviews. Seems to be the right coach for the team - very upbeat.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                X