Game #35: Charlotte Hornets 103 - Toronto Raptors 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    or they might still do same shit because these fucking players are flawed. Better offensive players have no defense and best defensive players have zero O.
    So then its the same at worst. It like replacing Landry at worst its 0/0/0/0

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      What could of been done differently about preparation?
      Don't start Landry Fields. Really don't start him in the 3rd. Cause, you know, there's a risk the team goes and scores just 4 points in 8 minutes to fall behind 10 in a game they were leading.
      @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Trades are expensive, fire Casey then reevaluate players.
        So fire Casey then __________________?
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Can we trade Ross for Wilson Chandler. Dude is utter trash.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            So fire Casey then __________________?
            Hire Malone
            Promote Bayno or Nurse

Comment

• Our 2 3rd yr guys who were supposed to take a leap....did not...and in fact have regressed. That is not good. No team can have their starting centre and SF keep wetting the bed especially against lower tier teams. Why was the team so flat starting the game? Damn.

Comment

• Pitchforks are coming out on the RR main site.

This is getting ugly and I really hope that the team turns things around quickly. Dwane Casey should NOT be okay with all these contested shots that the guards are taking. At the same time, I'm not sure if Casey is capable of adding any diversity to the offense.
                JJ could use more minutes, JV too. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Hansbrough getting more burn if he keeps playing with intensity. Stop tolerating crappy play from Lou and GV, I don't care if they're "veterans". Veterans aren't perfect. Veterans make mistakes too. Veterans get enough praise on Remembrance Day. Ugggghhhhhh

And please, I want Jack Armstrong back.
                OG is our king

Comment

What could of been done differently about preparation?
                  Hmm...well for starters, we could've tried to exploit a team with no real talent up front inside. And I don't mean just JV. We could've schemed our O to try and emphasize driving/cutting lanes for guys. There was no real gameplan to attack them beyond hoping guys could always beat their man in isolation. That's not much preparation.

I don't know if scheming was the problem on D (but hey, I'll bite), but Charlotte isn't exactly a great perimeter shooting team (28th in FG%, 29th in 3%). Yet somehow, we played pretty much the same strategy we always do. To aggressively force guys off the line and depend on help. Throw in that our guys could not keep ahead of them, and the idea of forcing them off the perimeter is kind of insane. Why are we overaggressive on the perimeter against a terrible shooting team? Why didn't we scheme to pack the paint and force them to make jumpers?

I'm no long-tenured NBA coach....but attacking a team with no big men inside, and trying to force a dreadful shooting team to hit jumpers seem like they should've been points of emphasis. Hard to say preparation was done very well.

Comment

What approach did they use this game?
                    There was none. He was getting to the rim at will. Well, I don't know if it's a coaching or a personnel issue.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

What approach did they use this game?
                      Casey himself said his type of defense let's the ball hander in a pick and roll to go where they want.

They let Kemba go where he wants which is inside the lane which then leads to the bigs helping.

Then Kemba can dump it off for an easy shot.

Or he can pass it out to the wide open Marvin Williams.

Comment

Expose Biyombo and Williams in the post. Realize only Henderson and Walker are any offensive threat.
                        They tried that to start the game JV went 3-9. Should we of posted Amir up?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Hire Malone
                          Promote Bayno or Nurse
                          OMG dude stop with the fucking Malone!

and how promoting Bayno or Nurse will change this team. They are the same coaching staff and believe in same shit. Nurse coached Vipers and they run that chuck 3 analytical style. So I don't see how that'll help except destroy the morale of the team.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The RR Maine page is utter Chaos Lmao
                            And I thought I was overreacting.

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                              Don't start Landry Fields. Really don't start him in the 3rd. Cause, you know, there's a risk the team goes and scores just 4 points in 8 minutes to fall behind 10 in a game they were leading.
                              The best D we've played with DD injured was with Landry in the starting lineup.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They tried that to start the game JV went 3-9. Should we of posted Amir up?
                                Jonas actually did fine when we went inside to him. He missed two long jumpers. But he only had one bad forced shot in the post. His shooting line does not do justice to how he was playing. He was also drawing fouls, which as a DeMar lover, you should know is a huge part to our controlling the pace of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X