Game #35: Charlotte Hornets 103 - Toronto Raptors 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Casey himself said his type of defense let's the ball hander in a pick and roll to go where they want.

They let Kemba go where he wants which is inside the lane which then leads to the bigs helping.

Then Kemba can dump it off for an easy shot.

Or he can pass it out to the wide open Marvin Williams.
    But most of Kemba driving was just beating his man on his own. Not much pnr
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Jonas actually did fine when we went inside to him. He missed two long jumpers. But he only had one bad forced shot in the post. His shooting line does not do justice to how he was playing. He was also drawing fouls, which as a DeMar lover, you should know is a huge part to our controlling the pace of the game.
      I watched the game. Seemed like Biyombo did a good job on him
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        They tried that to start the game JV went 3-9. Should we of posted Amir up?
        I don't remember the last time I saw JV being used as a roller in a PnR. You know, one of his speciality.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        But most of Kemba driving was just beating his man on his own. Not much pnr
        Exactly...then JV gets blamed because Kemba gets a free lane to the rim. Very unfair to him. I feel like it's going to come down to Casey vs JV at one point where it'll be one or the other.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I watched the game. Seemed like Biyombo did a good job on him
          Biyombo didn't do badly on him, but there was little he could do when JV got the ball low.

*Sidenote: I'm still on board with trying to get Biyombo as a backup C.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            I don't remember the last time I saw JV being used as a roller in a PnR. You know, one of his speciality.

Exactly...then JV gets blamed because Kemba gets a free lane to the rim. Very unfair to him. I feel like it's going to come down to Casey vs JV at one point where it'll be one or the other.
            Whose blaming JV? Im just saying the players were out played
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The best D we've played with DD injured was with Landry in the starting lineup.
              That's just demonstrably not true. Landry has the worst DRtg of any Raptor with real minutes at 111.2.

As a starter, his numbers are no better. He's -14.9 per 100 possessions overall as a starter playing almost all of his minutes with Kyle on the floor. That. Is. God. Awful.
              @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

Whose blaming JV? Im just saying the players were out played
                Not talking about you. The general consensus and his playing time seem to suggest that he is the scapegoat.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• TeamEd wrote: View Post
                  That's just demonstrably not true. Landry has the worst DRtg of any Raptor with real minutes at 111.2.

As a starter, his numbers are no better. He's -14.9 per 100 possessions overall as a starter playing almost all of his minutes with Kyle on the floor. That. Is. God. Awful.
                  Well he sure passed the eye test before he broke his head open
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well he sure passed the eye test before he broke his head open
                    That is actually a decent point. He's been much much worse in the couple of games back since his concussion.

And, to be fair, he did play good D on Lebron for that one game.

Comment

• Jonas didn't get a fair shake in my eyes. Seemed like he was nailed to the pine for most of the game... but hey, small ball really seems to work for the Raps. SMH.

As good as this team looks when they're rollin', they sure look the opposite right now... and it's bloody frustrating watching GV and Lou just chuck up whatever fucking shots they want. No ball movement, no intensity(save for Kyle and Psycho), no nothing. I'm just extra pissed cause I was there tonight and they played terrible ball, but I really hope DeMar is back by Monday.
                      Yea, I said 6-0 for this home stand... that has quickly changed to 3-3 at best. #Balls

Comment

That is actually a decent point. He's been much much worse in the couple of games back since his concussion.

And, to be fair, he did play good D on Lebron for that one game.
                        Well, he played better pre-concussion, but it was bigger than his own play because he stabilized the rotation back to what it resembled with DeMar healthy. Now shit's just a mess though.

Comment

• Opposes coach know Casey will react predictably. If they want to remove JV and face a three guard lineup go small. The opposing coach dictates matchups against the Raptors.

Comment

• I mean, Jesus Christ, Landry Fields' offensive rating is 13.3(!) points per 100 possessions worse that the next least effective rotation player in JV. The difference between Landry and the second least effective Raptor in ORtg is the same as the difference between Steph Curry (surrounded by GS Warriors) and Mo Williams (surrounded by Minnesota Timberwolves).

That's 94.7 points per 100 possessions typically sharing the court with the Raps' best offensive player in Kyle.

I mean, Landry's a nice guy by all accounts but holy hell is he lineup poison.

Comment

• what a horrible embarrassment.

raptors should have destroyed a horrible team with half the starters injured. especially back at home after DAYS of rest against a team that just played back to back. just like houston destroyed the knicks tonight to the point where i dont even think houston starters even played in the second half at all.

instead, we sputter around and got the lead, like what? twice in this game? and only held it for a few seconds each?

FIRE EVERYONE AND TRADE AWAY EVERYTHING. AND GIVE EVERYONE FREE PIZZA FOR LIFE. AND GIVE ME STEPHANIE FROM THE RAPTORS DANCE PAK'S PHONE NUMBER. NO DON'T I'M MARRIED.

Comment

I mean, Jesus Christ, Landry Fields' offensive rating is 13.3(!) points per 100 possessions worse that the next least effective rotation player in JV. The difference between Landry and the second least effective Raptor in ORtg is the same as the difference between Steph Curry (surrounded by GS Warriors) and Mo Williams (surrounded by Minnesota Timberwolves).

That's 94.7 points per 100 possessions typically sharing the court with the Raps' best offensive player in Kyle.

I mean, Landry's a nice guy by all accounts but holy hell is he lineup poison.
                                Hence, he probably won't get another 3/20M deal next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X