Game #42: Toronto Raptors 86 - Memphis Grizzlies 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    We missed some open 3s. Patterson especially has been in a bad slump for him (maybe something's not right physically).

But we still take too many bad 3s. Guys like Lowry, Lou and Vasquez can just pull up and take early shotclock 3s. Not very good shots, even when open.
    True, but they can be momentum changers. It's a shot thats not great unless you make it. Can't fault them for taking them and praise for making. Not saying you are, just in general.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Iso's are still designed. Just not creative...
      well when i think design, something like this pops into my mind

where an action is run for the specific purpose of getting a shooter a high percentage look.

Comment

• We lost because we missed open shots.

Especially GV.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Bulls lost the DPOY. Gasol is hard to play without Noah defensively
          not sure if you've actually watched bulls games, but gasol and noah together were actually horrible together defensively.

Comment

• Raps shot 31% from the fieold. 5/28 from 3. That's all you need to know right there lol.

Raps just missed a bunch of wide open shots. Shots that they normally make.

The only positive about this game is, their starting to play D again. I thought they played decent D against the Pelicans. They were great against the Bucks the other night and it carried on tonight.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              True, but they can be momentum changers. It's a shot thats not great unless you make it. Can't fault them for taking them and praise for making. Not saying you are, just in general.
              Right, but it can be frustrating.

Sometimes it's just an awful shot. I really dislike it when we're playing from behind, especially on the road, because I prefer to value the possession. If you can't get a good shot in your set, that shot is pretty much always there if one of your bigs can set a good screen. Especially because it can lead to long rebounds that are functionally turnovers. So yeah, would rather they value the possession more.

And some games it feels like we just take far too many for it to make any sense.

Comment

• And oh, Raps really need a backup BIG and a backup PG. Hansbrough is too small. He's our backup C right? and Vasquez is just plain bad.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Raps shot 31% from the fieold. 5/28 from 3. That's all you need to know right there lol.

The only positive about this game is, their starting to play D again. I thought they played decent D against the Pelicans. They were great against the Bucks the other night and it carried on tonight.
                  i think the upcoming pistons game on the 25th will really prove just how much we improved defnsively

Comment

• 2pat is working hard.

vs Bucks: 13 rebs in 26 mins.
                    vs Memphis: 9 rebs in 24 mins.

Good! Brainstorming AND problem-solving skills are must for athletes too!
                    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jan 22, 2015, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      2pat is working hard.

vs Bucks: 13 rebs in 26 mins.
                      vs Memphis: 9 rebs in 24 mins.
                      The whole team did. Just couldn't hit shots. Sometimes guys will force things trying to create a spark but there were loTs of positives in this game.

Just think about it. Lost by 6 on the road to Memphis and shot 31%.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• I dont think Joerger would be very happy with his team's play tonite. This was a game for the taking...too bad about the bricking. the team played hard.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          not sure if you've actually watched bulls games, but gasol and noah together were actually horrible together defensively.
                          Better than Gasol alone

Comment

• So i was just looking at the stats. PP is their best 3 pt shooter. He's shooting 41% from 3.

Lowry 32%
                            GV 33%
                            Ross 37%
                            Lou 34%

I think they need to chill with their 3 point shots. Lowry and GV specially. They shoot way too many and they're not really that great of a 3pt shooter.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Better than Gasol alone
                              Yup, but still 105 points per 100 poss. sounds crazy when you hear who's coaching this team!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Raps shot 31% from the fieold. 5/28 from 3. That's all you need to know right there lol.

Another positive were the skip passes they threw early. They weren't hitting them except Lou but it looks like a Nick Nurse influence. Also, they are passing over the defense more. JV has freakish reach yet they insist on low passes. Often a high pass over Gasol or Zbo non-leapers works better.

Comment

Working...
                                X