Everything 2023 Playoffs - Who ya got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Just saw the score. Sounds like they collapsed. Dies anyone trust this Celtics team?
    I do.....they have a lot of talent and will, I doubt anyone in the east can beat them in 7 games.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      Norman....Clippers are better than 2019 Raptors, where u at..I've never seen a Team that can't get through first rd..but they championship team...lol..get the F%# out here. BUM A@@..
      Paul George is Trash...always been overrated. Playoff P....lol
      Clippers are soft..Injured..always making excuses, only losers make excuses.
      Kawli u left us for that, your legacy could of been legendary, Tim Duncan, Kobe, Shaq, ...now u just known for guy who can't play basketball. Kawli Load Management..
      Big fan of yours, always will be, but here we are after 4 years, what have u done..D*^^.
      Norman Powell...u fake a@@, stop lying..I want u say that in front of the guys u won with, dumb a@@.
      Clippers are Trash.
      Clippers u deserve that s^$%..
      We got the chip.
      Too bad kawhi left, but I think it's time to get over it. Feels like his career is largely over, he can't stay healthy. And with it, clippers chances.

Comment

• Booker scores 47. Butler scores 56. Every point was needed.

Do Raps have a guy who can elevate his game to that next level in the playoffs, when needed? Rhetorical question, I know.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

what other choice did they have though? they owed/still owe the thunder their firsts or swaps in 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026. so let them walk for what, to give OKC lotto picks for years? best they could do was sign them and hope they stay healthy and play well enough to actually content, or to up their trade value to recoup some of the assets they have and start a rebuild, like brooklyn just did.

i fucking love it btw. it's good schadenfreude action. best part is they still owe OKC their first in 2026 the year after their deals are up.
          They can’t trade Kawhi. They can’t trade George. This isn’t Durant or Irving. Got caught throwing good $ after bad. Sunk costs and all that.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I hate to disappoint but pretty much zero chance lakers beat Sacramento or goldenseal and then also Denver or pheonix. Celtics is a good bet.
            Well I was told they won't even make the play in. A couple of months later they're up 3-1 against the #2 seed.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Clippers really doubled down on the Leonard-George duo with those contracts. Two more years of this then 5-6 years (minimum) of rebuilding. Lol.
              Ballmer out fantastic, can't stand him. The passion is great, the tampering not so much.
              Booker is a baller.
              And Trae Young, don't care what you say, the kid has IT.
              Tatum still a stud who will carry that series.

Raptors just a roster full of nice guys, no one like those guys. The goal too much culture and not enough IT.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

Ballmer out fantastic, can't stand him. The passion is great, the tampering not so much.
                Booker is a baller.

Raptors just a roster full of nice guys, no one like those guys. The goal too much culture and not enough IT.
                No pressure Scottie.

Comment

Booker is a baller.

Given some of Scottie's 4th quarters this season, he might be the nice guy willing to kill you while smiling.

Comment

• The injury that Kawhi suffered in 2021 playoffs was a partially torn ACL and he missed all of next season with that injury. This time Shams is reporting that he suffered a torn meniscus his right knee. That's the same injury that Rose suffered in 2013 that really ended his career. So Kawhi will likely miss all of next season again....and who knows....I think he's done.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The agony of Steve Balmer and his minion Lawrence Frank is a victory for all of us Raptors fans. The royalty of tamperers can only see the future as bleak for that franchise. There is a greater chance for them to go back to doormat status in just a matter of time than the outlook of them filling those seats in their new Inglewood arena next season LOL.

Of the 308 total games since the trade, both Kawhi and PG only played 118 games.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Given some of Scottie's 4th quarters this season, he might be the nice guy willing to kill you while smiling.
                        I'd love it if he was a guy who could stab you in the heart while smiling at you. Guy doesn't have to be a straight up prick but some attitude and sandpaper like I've been asking for for years here.

Who's the Lowry or Oak that other teams don't look forward to playing here?
                        Maybe a touch of Fred, maybe a touch of GTjr, that's it. And no one fears those guys.

I'm afraid, "culture" means everyone likes each other, everyone gets along, everyone likes their coaches, no one gets in trouble or reflects badly on MLSE or their share price, everyone gets a Smuckers commercial. But sure, "we want to win" with no road map to it.....run it back
                        Last edited by G____Deane; Wed Apr 26, 2023, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I'd love it if he was a guy who could stab you in the heart while smiling at you. Guy doesn't have to be a straight up prick but some attitude and sandpaper like I've been asking for for years here.
                          That was basically Tim Duncan. Stayed calm, but you know he was going to destroy you.

Comment

They can’t trade Kawhi. They can’t trade George. This isn’t Durant or Irving. Got caught throwing good $ after bad. Sunk costs and all that.
                            fully agree they had/have no trade value, which is why they had no choice but to double down since they also had/have no picks with which to reset. agree they are sunk costs, which pleases me immensely

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              The injury that Kawhi suffered in 2021 playoffs was a partially torn ACL and he missed all of next season with that injury. This time Shams is reporting that he suffered a torn meniscus his right knee. That's the same injury that Rose suffered in 2013 that really ended his career. So Kawhi will likely miss all of next season again....and who knows....I think he's done.
                              a meniscus isn't that serious. can be on the order of a month if no surgery is required to several months if surgery is required. and he might have even been able to play through it in these playoffs, though that would risk long term damage.

with an off-season in between he should only miss minimal time next season even in the worst-case scenario. before the next thing comes along.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

a meniscus isn't that serious. can be on the order of a month if no surgery is required to several months if surgery is required. and he might have even been able to play through it in these playoffs, though that would risk long term damage.

with an off-season in between he should only miss minimal time next season even in the worst-case scenario. before the next thing comes along.
                                Kawhi is all about his health after basketball, I doubt he plays again this year.
                                He's counting his money, thinking about his convertible and the sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X