X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the wiz lose keeps them off our back a bit

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Seriously , a lineup of KL/DD/LF/JJ/JV might be the ticket to a playoff run. Unfortunately DC is too intellectually challenged to even consider such a line-up.
      The spacing would be God awful

Comment

Seriously , a lineup of KL/DD/LF/JJ/JV might be the ticket to a playoff run. Unfortunately DC is too intellectually challenged to even consider such a line-up.
        I actually love that line-up defensively.

Not so much on O though.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• With 10 to 12 games left the stark reality of math is about to hit.
          We have a dozen left and if we win 7 of them which is not outrageous..(we get boston home and away , pistons, the lakers, minny, orlando, bulls at home, miami away and charlotte home and away, houston dwightless and at home)
          If we do get the 7 then the Whiz have to go 10 and 1 to take away home court from us.

If we take 8 of those... then the Bulls have to go 7 and 3 to take 3rd. (of those 10 remaining games they get us and cleveland on the road along with Atlanta... they also get Brooklyn,Miami and Milwaukee on the road who are scrapping to get into the playoffs..the rest is the blind sisters of the poor Knicks/Orlando/Philly/Detroit.

The gamesmanship to land where you want is on for us...
          Want to play one of the bucks/heat in round 1 and then take your chances with cleveland in round 2 or
          ease into 4th and get washington in round 1 and then atlanta in round 2...
          Fun and games begin...and we are not the only ones thinking about where to land...

http://chicago.suntimes.com/basketba...ayoff-seedings
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 24, 2015, 07:25 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Playoff matchups

Thought there was already a thread on this topic, but couldn't find it. Mods feel free to move.

It's anecdotal, but I was listening to a Bill Simmons podcast and his guest was a friend who roots for Washington teams. In the podcast, the Washington fan mentioned that he'd rather the Wizards face the Bulls than the Raptors in the playoffs, because the Wizards have done better against the Bulls the last couple of seasons. Not sure I agree with the rationale, but it was awesome to hear a fan of another team saying they'd rather play a team that isn't us. First time I think that's ever happened.

Pretty cool!
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Raps have owned Washington lately. Can't blame them for thinking that way.

I mean, it's the same reason we're deathly afraid of the Hornets, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Raps have owned Washington lately. Can't blame them for thinking that way.

I mean, it's the same reason we're deathly afraid of the Hornets, lol.
                Pretty much this. I absolutely NEVER want to see the Hornets in a playoff setting. Ever. Anyone who thinks we'd win a series against them is crazy. I actually think we're a MUCH better team then them but, for whatever reason, we just can't beat them. It's a damn mystery.

There is this weird Triangle relationship between The Raptors, The Wizards and The Bulls. The Bulls would rather face the Raptors. The Raptors would rather face the Wizards. The Wizards would rather face the Bulls. It's one of those things the truly emphasizes how much match ups really matter.

It was the same last year (going by the individual fan bases).
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Bulls do have tiebreaker over us. Their schedule is soft and they should finish ahead of us unless they tank.

Comment

Bulls do have tiebreaker over us. Their schedule is soft and they should finish ahead of us unless they tank.
                    If you check the standings today, we have the exact same record as the Bulls 45-30, yet we are 3rd and they are 4th. Do they really have the tie break? Or do we get it because we are a divisional leader?
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      If you check the standings today, we have the exact same record as the Bulls 45-30, yet we are 3rd and they are 4th. Do they really have the tie break? Or do we get it because we are a divisional leader?
                      Division leader wins tie breaker.. so Toronto would have the edge over Chicago as Cleveland is winning that division.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/playoff.tiebreakers/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Division leader wins tie breaker.. so Toronto would have the edge over Chicago as Cleveland is winning that division.

http://www.nba.com/news/features/playoff.tiebreakers/
                        Thanks!

The more you know!

Comment

• Does Chicago have an advantage to tank?

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            Does Chicago have an advantage to tank?
                            The only reason for them to tank would be if Washington slide to the 6 and the Raptors couldn't maintain a cushion on the 3rd seed.

The only team I can see the Bulls looking to avoid are the Wizards.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              The only reason for them to tank would be if Washington slide to the 6 and the Raptors couldn't maintain a cushion on the 3rd seed.

The only team I can see the Bulls looking to avoid are the Wizards.
                              Or Cleveland in the 2nd round, but that doesn't seem to be the Bulls' style.

Comment

• Remaining schedule.

Bulls--DET CLE ORL MIA PHI BKN ATL

RAPS-BKN MIA ORL BOS BOS CHA CHA

Comment

Working...
                                X