Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to be the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it hard to believe they would make him come here for an interview. They know him from when he was on staff, they’ve interviewed him once already in person, they could easily do the second online if was in the middle of a playoff run. He’s signing his contract here.

if the report is true.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I find it hard to believe they would make him come here for an interview. They know him from when he was on staff, they’ve interviewed him once already in person, they could easily do the second online if was in the middle of a playoff run. He’s signing his contract here.

if the report is true.
      If he's their guy, why make him fly over just to sign a contract? Not like it couldn't wait a couple more weeks. Can he legally even sign a contract with the Raps while under contract with his other team?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If he's their guy, why make him fly over just to sign a contract? Not like it couldn't wait a couple more weeks. Can he legally even sign a contract with the Raps while under contract with his other team?
        You fly him here for the press conference. He needs to be here for that.

Yes, he can absolutely sign a contract now. He can do the press conference and then go cozch the finals. He also certainly has an out clause in his contract for an NBA job or he wouldn't even be interviewing.

Comment

• Marc Stein is reporting that Kenny Atkinson recently was interviewed by the Raptors for the head coaching position.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

You fly him here for the press conference. He needs to be here for that.

Yes, he can absolutely sign a contract now. He can do the press conference and then go cozch the finals. He also certainly has an out clause in his contract for an NBA job or he wouldn't even be interviewing.
            How do you accept another job before the playoffs he's taking part in are done? Seems really unprofessional to do that publicly.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

How do you accept another job before the playoffs he's taking part in are done? Seems really unprofessional to do that publicly.
              How is it any different than flying in from Italy to Toronto for an interview in the middle of the playoffs? Flying there to accept a huge upgrade job offer makes a shit ton more sense than flying in for a chance at the job. He's flying in. I think it looks way better if it's for the job.

Comment

How is it any different than flying in from Italy to Toronto for an interview in the middle of the playoffs? Flying there to accept a huge upgrade job offer makes a shit ton more sense than flying in for a chance at the job. He's flying in. I think it looks way better if it's for the job.
                I guess I'm too old fashioned.

I wonder if Sergio gets the job if he will be bringing assistants with him? Will being non-North American work against him when hiring assistants?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Marc Stein is reporting that Kenny Atkinson recently was interviewed by the Raptors for the head coaching position.

Is it just a Canadian thing? Is it because we don’t have Espn here? I get that people usually don’t know what Masai and Bobby are going to do at the trade deadline but 4 or 5 teams have been looking for coaches and this is the only one I’ve seen called “hard to read”. Maybe we’re just waiting for the actual season to be over? Whatever.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Is it just a Canadian thing? Is it because we don’t have Espn here? I get that people usually don’t know what Masai and Bobby are going to do at the trade deadline but 4 or 5 teams have been looking for coaches and this is the only one I’ve seen called “hard to read”. Maybe we’re just waiting for the actual season to be over? Whatever.
                    We are certainly dragging it out. Hopefully we get some news on it today.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Hard to read because of the different styles of coaches that have been rumoured. That's what happens when you "cast a wide net"

Comment

We are certainly dragging it out. Hopefully we get some news on it today.
                        lol

Comment

lol

Apparently it had to do with his team. Guess he wasn't just dropping everything to come to Toronto.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Apparently it had to do with his team. Guess he wasn't just dropping everything to come to Toronto.
                            Good so nothing is final then.

Give me Jordi Fernandez and let's do some crazy trades towards a youth movement.

Comment

lol

Told ya. Something hit the fan at home

Comment

Good so nothing is final then.

Give me Jordi Fernandez and let's do some crazy trades towards a youth movement.
                                Im down!

Comment

Working...
                                X