No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, they're just future hall of famers. 3 of them.

Comment

• That was just for San Antonio. All of those players mentioned by TREX are future hall of famers.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        That was just for San Antonio. All of those players mentioned by TREX are future hall of famers.
        I highly doubt all of those guys make the hall of fame. Just go look at who is actually in the hall of fame. It's not guys who played 3rd fiddle on a championship team. It's guys who were perennial first team NBA. You're getting away from my question though, which is who are the current superstars in the NBA (guys like KG no longer count since they're old and not good).

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          I highly doubt all of those guys make the hall of fame. Just go look at who is actually in the hall of fame. It's not guys who played 3rd fiddle on a championship team. It's guys who were perennial first team NBA.
          More accurately: it's guys who were regular All-NBA selections. Tony Parker has been all-NBA second team three times and all-NBA third team once; he's also a six-time All Star and a Finals MVP. There is simply no chance he does not make Hall of Fame.

Manu is a little more questionable: two-time all-NBA third team, two-time All-Star, a Sixth Man of the Year award. He's borderline at best.

Comment

• What do you guys think about getting Nerlens Noel? 76ers have Embiid as the major centerpiece, and Ross+ 1st rounder might be able to get it done. Noel might be the athletic centre that fits extremely well in a Casey defensive system.

Also, when Jonas first started, he showed some potential to develop into a power forward. He certainly had potential for range and a decent shot for a big man (albeit a little flat). Although there's still a lot of concern since he's a bad help defender. But then I really think Jonas and Noel together will be a block and rebound party with their length and height.
            Last edited by Okay; Wed Feb 18, 2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              More accurately: it's guys who were regular All-NBA selections. Tony Parker has been all-NBA second team three times and all-NBA third team once; he's also a six-time All Star and a Finals MVP. There is simply no chance he does not make Hall of Fame.

Manu is a little more questionable: two-time all-NBA third team, two-time All-Star, a Sixth Man of the Year award. He's borderline at best.
              I think Hall of Fame is ultimately irrelevant to the debate. If Ginobili makes the Hall of Fame (and I agree he's borderline), it will be largely based on team achievements (and his role in those achievements). But that doesn't make him a better or more useful player than a dozen guys in the league today who are statistically superior players but will never get close to a hall of fame discussion because they haven't had the team success. It's a bit of a chicken and egg debate that happens both with hall-of-famers and all-stars. Did the Pistons win a championship because they had four all-stars on their roster (Wallace, Wallace, Billups, Hamilton), or were those guys all-stars because they won a championship and were two-time conference finalists? Will we look back at the Spurs and say that they won these championships because they had 3 hall-of-famers, or will we say that they had 3 hall-of-famers because of all the championships they won?

Comment

• This is why trade proposals based on pure hypotheticals should go in the trade forum. There is no way we are trading for Russell Westbrook. It's totally irrelevant.

We are also not trading for Wiggins.

Woj says there is no plan for Sanders to play anywhere this season.

Guys who are actually available:
                Dragic, Isaiah Thomas
                Harkless
                Reggie Jackson
                The Nuggets roster except Nurkic
                Jamal Crawford
                Jason Thompson and Nik Stauskas
                TRob
                Deng, Cole, Birdman, Granger
                Minnesota's vets
                Lance Stephenson (who may be waived)
                Brandon Jennings
                A bunch of Celtics pieces, but they seem to be looking for a star (same with Houston)
                Kanter
                Possibly David West
                Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams

There are probably more but these are the ones confirmed by legit writers I can remember off the top of my head

Ken Berger wrote:
                Teams trying to move high-priced veterans like Prince, Andrea Bargnani (Knicks), Bass (Celtics), Kevin Martin (Timberwolves) and David Lee (Warriors) aren't likely to find any takers. All of the above, besides Lee, would then be headed for buyouts, sources say.
                Last edited by Scraptor; Wed Feb 18, 2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

The most recent NBA players inducted to the hall of fame are Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, Dennis Rodman, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippin, Karl Malone, John Stockton, David Robinson, and Michael Jordan. Just to give an idea of how exceptional you need to be to make the hall of fame. No way in hell Ginobili makes the hall of fame.

Comment

• Okay wrote: View Post
                    What do you guys think about getting Nerlens Noel?
                    I have not been impressed with his performance when the 76ers have faced Toronto. If the Toronto front office has a bulletin board with every player on it, it is possible they have expressed interest in any number of players such as Noel without anyone having heard about it. The problem with taking any of the players from that team is the way that Philadelphia management has gone about rebuilding: by losing. Every one of those guys is a loser. They forget, if they ever knew, what it takes to win: the sacrifice, the work, the teamwork, the unselfishness, the never-say-die attitude. Losing is like a fungus: once you have it, how do you get rid of it?

Comment

• Okay wrote: View Post
                      What do you guys think about getting Nerlens Noel? 76ers have Embiid as the major centerpiece, and Ross+ 1st rounder might be able to get it done. Noel might be the athletic centre that fits extremely well in a casey defensive system.
                      Definitely cannot see Philly moving Noel until they are certain that Embiid is clear of any potential injury issues. And even so, I think the price of Noel would be higher than Ross and a 1st; they'd get better offers than that the moment they made it known he was available. If I was targetting a young big prospect, I'd kick the tires on Vonleh, as Charlotte wants to improve fast and Vonleh's buried on the depth chart there.

Comment

I highly doubt all of those guys make the hall of fame. Just go look at who is actually in the hall of fame. It's not guys who played 3rd fiddle on a championship team. It's guys who were perennial first team NBA. You're getting away from my question though, which is who are the current superstars in the NBA (guys like KG no longer count since they're old and not good).
                        Man i'm not even gonna argue this. There's no point. Just recently Mitch Richmond was inducted in the HOF, was he perennial first team in the NBA?

Pretty sure, 100% sure Ginobli and Parker will be in the HOF 5 years after they retired.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Man i'm not even gonna argue this. There's no point. Just recently Mitch Richmond was inducted in the HOF, was he perennial first team in the NBA?

Pretty sure, 100% sure Ginobli and Parker will be in the HOF 5 years after they retired.
                          Current NBA superstars, lets see the list. I really don't give a shit about the hall of fame.

Comment

The most recent NBA players inducted to the hall of fame are Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller, Dennis Rodman, Chris Mullin, Scottie Pippin, Karl Malone, John Stockton, David Robinson, and Michael Jordan. Just to give an idea of how exceptional you need to be to make the hall of fame. No way in hell Ginobili makes the hall of fame.
                            Left off Guy Rodgers, Mitch Richmond, Dennis Johnson, Ralph Sampson (basically 3 seasons played), and Sarunas Marciulionis. "Who?" Exactly.

Manu will undoubtedly make the HOF as arguably the greatest sixth man of all time.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              This is why trade proposals based on pure hypotheticals should go in the trade forum. There is no way we are trading for Russell Westbrook. It's totally irrelevant.

We are also not trading for Wiggins.

Woj says there is no plan for Sanders to play anywhere this season.

Guys who are actually available:
                              Dragic, Isaiah Thomas
                              Harkless
                              Reggie Jackson
                              The Nuggets roster except Nurkic
                              Jamal Crawford
                              Jason Thompson and Nik Stauskas
                              TRob
                              Deng, Cole, Birdman, Granger
                              Minnesota's vets
                              Lance Stephenson (who may be waived)
                              Brandon Jennings
                              A bunch of Celtics pieces, but they seem to be looking for a star (same with Houston)
                              Kanter
                              Possibly David West
                              Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams

There are probably more but these are the ones confirmed by legit writers I can remember off the top of my head
                              Knicks also made Jose and Bargs available
                              TWolves have made Bennett available

Comment

Zo: two-time All-NBA, seven-time All-Star
                                Mullin: four-time All-NBA, five-time All Star

The point being: Tony Parker is certainly comparable. And that's before you take into account that the Hall of Fame recognizes Euro honours as well, and Parker and Manu both have lots of Eurobasket honours too.

Like I said: Parker's a lock, Manu's borderline.

Comment

Working...
                                X