No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I doubt we get Deng since Miami will be in on Dragic.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I would be shocked if we did something with Terrence,” Ujiri said Tuesday night. “Trust me. I can’t tell you more how I totally don’t think that would happen before Thursday.”

“How many guys on our team can raise up and make a shot with someone in their face, like Terrence? They aren’t many in the league,” said Ujiri. “He’s had lapses on defence but that’s something you grow out of with experience. He is really a two-way player; he has ability to stay in front of guys, he can hit a shot; he’s athletic as hell and he can hit threes. Every team is looking for players like that.

“We’re trying to get those kinds of players. We’re trying to develop Bruno [Caboclo] to be a defender, a three-point shooter and athletic and look how long it’s going to take to get him to be half of what Terrence is?”

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...source=twitter

Masai doesn't usually go public with his thoughts like this.. makes me wonder if he's simply trying to just raise Ross' value or if he's trying to just motivate him.

Comment

• Trade deadline blurs the lines of dishonesty/speculation for "reporters". So many of them are trying to make a name for themselves but most are used as cogs by GMs and Agents.

It's hilarious, reporters will write any headline to get a "click" on their article. It's even funnier watching fans get all fired up. Fun times
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Masai doesn't usually go public with his thoughts like this.. makes me wonder if he's simply trying to just raise Ross' value or if he's trying to just motivate him.
          I was thinking the same thing.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Masai is having mind intercourse with all of us.

Comment

• Miami won't get Dragic , Sacramento will pay more than Miami and so will lakers, Detroit pistons or Boston .

Comment

The latter I believe/hope. One more push to season's end for TRoss to mature in TO. Wise I think. The more calls he gets on Terence the more inclined to keep him unless of course it's a no-brainer. Terence has to be rattled with all this talk and this is another chance to come out of the doldrums (apart from the opportunity when DD went down). Now though he will be on the second unit and possibly be less stressful. We must remember Masai is firstly a scout and probably sees the value in TRoss's talents....what he cant do is change what's between his ears which is where the shortcoming is imo.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  Miami won't get Dragic , Sacramento will pay more than Miami and so will lakers, Detroit pistons or Boston .
                  Can always get a third team to help facilitate. If Dragic is telling everyone he wants to be in LA, Miami or NY then teams will hesitate to trade for him. That would mean getting a 3rd team to help get Dragic to LA, Miami or NY.

And if he ends up in Miami.. that could end up being a very tough first round opponent.

Comment

Probably a bit of both. In any case does not make sense to trade Ross when his value appears to have bottomed. Mid last year, his value would have been a lot higher. And hopefully his value will be higher next year also. My hope tho, is that he cannot only be salvaged as an asset, but as a player, for this team. Masai isn't wrong, Ross has the fundamentals to be a good defender. But he needs to get stronger.

Comment

• I think Ross needs to be motivated. When he plays hard and focused, he plays very well.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        So you wouldn't trade 2 borderline all stars for an MVP caliber player? ok.
                        Do you think that trade would make our team better with the current roster??

Comment

• I'm suprised very few people mentioned Larry Sanders.
                          Fits a need, 26 years old, could be had for minimum for rest of the season to evaluate, so very low risk, the only thing we'd have to give up is stiemsas roster spot.
                          Only negative, we don't know what his personnal problems are, but i think everyone no matter what kind of life you lead has to deal with those at some point, up to masai to decide if its something he thinks he'll get over by next season.

He doesn't really need to play this year, just be around the team integrates himself in the chemistry while he sorts himself out, moving to a different country to get space might just be what he needs.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                            I'm suprised very few people mentioned Larry Sanders.
                            Probably won't play for most of the rest of the season because he has personal issues and you need a master motivator to make sure he doesn't become a locker room cancer.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Do you think that trade would make our team better with the current roster??
                              The end goal is to win a championship right?

You all should know my motto by now: TALENT wins championship.

Westbrook is an MVP caliber player. Of course getting a guy like that would make our team better.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sanders was mentioned earlier in thread (or another one)...consensus was a "no thanks". Apparently he isnt very motivated and of course has various personal issues. Not Mu's type of acquisition on the face of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X