No announcement yet.

Game #54: Toronto Raptors 105 - Atlanta Hawks 80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a MUST win if we still want to have a shot to get first in the East. Mostly because of how far we are truly back, and because it would do wonders for the teams confidence.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
      Isn't he Carroll's man?
      Carroll has been guarding DeMar this season. Would make more sense to keep it that way. Korver can't stop DeMar from driving

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
        Carroll has been guarding DeMar this season. Would make more sense to keep it that way. Korver can't stop DeMar from driving
        But Korver definitely can't stop JJ lol. Whatever, advantage for us.

Comment

Has any member of our coaching staff figured out how to defend the Hawks? Answer: No. The Hawks use crisp passing to move the ball around the perimeter to find 2 or 3 open shooters @ any position. The best line up we can/should field against them is Lowry, DeRozan, , JJohnson, PPatterson & Valanciunas. Horford is not going to move far enough away from the painted area to justify switching away from Jonas. To be honest, Stiemsma not, Hansbrough should be his back up for this contest. Someone with enough length to deter Teague's foray's into the paint would be nice.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
            Raptors have been playing better as well since JJ returned.

I'm looking forward to this one!
            Who do we put JJ on?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              This is a MUST win if we still want to have a shot to get first in the East. Mostly because of how far we are truly back, and because it would do wonders for the teams confidence.
              We have no realistic shot at number one seed but we do need to solidify second seed. Cleveland and Chicago will be on us if we let up even just a little.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                We have no realistic shot at number one seed but we do need to solidify second seed. Cleveland and Chicago will be on us if we let up even just a little.
                I have zero idea why there is no realistic shit at #1.

Atlanta is coming back to earth... and really, if you ask me, Cleveland is the team I worry about....

Comment

Big game. Post all-star break is the time to put the big boy pants on and get a signature win.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Put JJ on Carroll. This is a game we should win if we get lucky. Way too long to wait though.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      Put JJ on Carroll. This is a game we should win if we get lucky. Way too long to wait though.
                      We should win a ring too... if we get lucky.

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                        Has any member of our coaching staff figured out how to defend the Hawks? Answer: No. The Hawks use crisp passing to move the ball around the perimeter to find 2 or 3 open shooters @ any position. The best line up we can/should field against them is Lowry, DeRozan, , JJohnson, PPatterson & Valanciunas. Horford is not going to move far enough away from the painted area to justify switching away from Jonas. To be honest, Stiemsma not, Hansbrough should be his back up for this contest. Someone with enough length to deter Teague's foray's into the paint would be nice.
                        But the Hawks are considered the Spurs of the East and we did a pretty decent job defending San Antonio last week. The only time their ball movement really made the Raptors D look bad was in the 2nd quarter when Casey brought the bench on, featuring Hansbrough. Other than that, we defended them well considering they're the former champs.

I do think the reason we dealt w/ San Antonio well was because Tony Parker didn't have the speed to consistently beat Lowry off the dribble. Teague is a whole other animal. If he can consistently get by Lowry, our defense is not going to look as good against San Antonio as it did against Atlanta.

Comment

DDelight wrote: View Post
                          But the Hawks are considered the Spurs of the East and we did a pretty decent job defending San Antonio last week. The only time their ball movement really made the Raptors D look bad was in the 2nd quarter when Casey brought the bench on, featuring Hansbrough. Other than that, we defended them well considering they're the former champs.

I do think the reason we dealt w/ San Antonio well was because Tony Parker didn't have the speed to consistently beat Lowry off the dribble. Teague is a whole other animal. If he can consistently get by Lowry, our defense is not going to look as good against San Antonio as it did against Atlanta.
                          Spurs of the east (pretty high praise) or not, system similarities doesn't take into account differing strengths of personnel. They may run similar sets, but they are very different teams. Success against one doesn't beget success against the other.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

^ true.
                            I've been watching their full games recently.. They play so well, and Korver is really something else... You leave him open for .5 seconds he will drain what appears to be a difficult shot..
                            But they are not unstoppable.. Just need to play a full 48 vs this team.. If you slack off a quarter you're screwed.
                            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                              ^ true.
                              I've been watching their full games recently.. They play so well, and Korver is really something else... You leave him open for .5 seconds he will drain what appears to be a difficult shot..
                              But they are not unstoppable.. Just need to play a full 48 vs this team.. If you slack off a quarter you're screwed.
                              Definitely not unstoppable. I just disliked the train of thought that "success" against the Spurs means anything against the Hawks.

Korver is so smart at moving without the ball and such a quick release, can't let him out of your sight for a moment. Really strains any help defence. Since we are a help heavy defence, that is concerning. I kept envisioning Korver being open in the corner with a big being forced to rotate out. Sorry JV, no way you are closing out fast enough.

Keeping Teague out of the paint is the biggest key imo. Same as Parker on San Antonio, everything really opens up from that first penetration. From there, the immaculate ball movement and player spacing is lethal.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Definitely not unstoppable. I just disliked the train of thought that "success" against the Spurs means anything against the Hawks.
                                I used our success with the Spurs as a rebuttal to the poster saying the Raptors don't do well against teams with good ball movement. The Spurs are the prototype for good ball movement and Budenholzer is reaping the benefits of being a descendant of Pop and his team-style philosophy of play.

I still think the biggest issue will be keeping Teague in check. The second Teague starts breaking us down on defense, we're going to go into full scramble mode and that might be the end of it.

We have a better record than them in the last 10 games, they are not unstoppable. With that being said, their 3 losses have all been on the road. I have no idea the last time they lost a home game.

Comment

Working...
                                X