Everything Freeman-Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post

He's definitely shown he can be an offensive spark plug at times. The playmaking isn't really there so I hesitate to call him a PG, 2 assists in the last 4 games.
    We should be running IQ and Scottie 48 a game between the two of them and we have some playmaking up front with Kelly as the bench C, as a third string guard I just need a guy who can get the ball up the floor and contribute something at each end. For now he checks those boxes, and we can see if there is playmaking upside. Definitely more of a combo guard than a point, but averaged over 4 assists a game in the G-League so he's not incapable.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

We should be running IQ and Scottie 48 a game between the two of them and we have some playmaking up front with Kelly as the bench C, as a third string guard I just need a guy who can get the ball up the floor and contribute something at each end. For now he checks those boxes, and we can see if there is playmaking upside. Definitely more of a combo guard than a point, but averaged over 4 assists a game in the G-League so he's not incapable.
      Yeah and he seems solid for that combo guard role, I just think he needs to be on the court with some playmakers like you listed as he definitely leans more SG than PG, at least he has in the NBA for the Raptors, even when we started him at PG recently.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        JFL is definitely a guy I'd like to see stick around next season on a min deal to be 3rd string PG. Depends on what rookies we have and what paths to playing time we need to keep open but without that context I like what I've seen from him enough to want to see more.
        Liberty as the 3rd PG? god help us.

I wouldn't mind to see him stick around next season........as the 15th man. That's it.

All these guys that are auditioning for an NBA job next year are all garbage. McDaniels, Liberty, Nwora, Williams, Porter, Gueye, Simmons etc. McDaniels is the worst of them all.

The one guy who actually showed potential(Ramsey) was somehow waived....but whatever.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

I wouldn't mind to see him stick around next season........as the 15th man. That's it.

All these guys that are auditioning for an NBA job next year are all garbage. McDaniels, Liberty, Nwora, Williams, Porter, Gueye, Simmons etc. McDaniels is the worst of them all.

The one guy who actually showed potential(Ramsey) was somehow waived....but whatever.
          Didn't he get hurt?

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post

Didn't he get hurt?
            I don't think he got hurt. His 10 day contract expired so they just let him go.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Still going strong with the pointless Nwora slander.

Nwora is way better than Ramsey, not even close.

Better FG%, 3P%, eFG, TS%, more REB, AST, POINTS, way better BPM, better VORP, better PER, and all in less minutes than Ramsey got.

Nwora is better across the board and has put up solid numbers for us, plus every other teams he's played for, he's never had a bad season. Nwora is not a guy fighting for an NBA job, he's a solid bench NBA player and will have no trouble getting a new deal in the offseason, almost certainly with us so get used to watching Nwora.

Comment

Still going strong with the pointless Nwora slander.

Nwora is way better than Ramsey, not even close.

Better FG%, 3P%, eFG, TS%, more REB, AST, POINTS, way better BPM, better VORP, better PER, and all in less minutes than Ramsey got.

Nwora is better across the board and has put up solid numbers for us, plus every other teams he's played for, he's never had a bad season. Nwora is not a guy fighting for an NBA job, he's a solid bench NBA player and will have no trouble getting a new deal in the offseason, almost certainly with us so get used to watching Nwora.
                - He's put up solid numbers for the Raptors and every other teams he's played for?

- He's never had a bad season?

- He's not fighting for an NBA job?

Dude, I don't know what you're smoking, but I want some of it.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

- He's put up solid numbers for the Raptors and every other teams he's played for?

- He's never had a bad season?

- He's not fighting for an NBA job?

Dude, I don't know what you're smoking, but I want some of it.
                  Yes

Yes

Yes

Tell me which of his numbers aren't solid for the Raptors and every other team he's played for.

Tell which season was bad.

No, he's not fighting for an NBA job and will almost certainly be back with the Raptors to bolster our bench.

Comment

Yes

Yes

Yes

Tell me which of his numbers aren't solid for the Raptors and every other team he's played for.

Tell which season was bad.

No, he's not fighting for an NBA job and will almost certainly be back with the Raptors to bolster our bench.
                    1. His numbers throughout are mediocre.
                    2. Every season.
                    3. Oh I could see him back next year.......as a bench warmer.

He's never been an NBA regular rotation player EVER. The reason he's getting all these mins for the Raps is because they're tanking. You know that right?
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

1. His numbers throughout are mediocre.
                      2. Every season.
                      3. Oh I could see him back next year.......as a bench warmer.

He's never been an NBA regular rotation player EVER. The reason he's getting all these mins for the Raps is because they're tanking. You know that right?
                      Career average 16.3 mpg. That's a rotation player.

Comment

He's a legit NBA depth piece. He's never going to be a starter or in a top 8-9 rotation on a healthy, decent team. He does provide solid minutes when called upon, he'll get some DNP CD games and some where the team will need 20 minutes from him. Not a bad guy to have help fill out a roster. I'm fine if he's back.

Next year we have IQ, RJ, Dick, Scottie, Jakob, Olynyk, Brown, and Agbaji all under contract. Tha's 8 right there. Add in a rookie with the Indiana pick and an off season move(s) and Nwora will be where he should be as a fringe regular minutes guy.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

He's a legit NBA depth piece. He's never going to be a starter or in a top 8-9 rotation on a healthy, decent team. He does provide solid minutes when called upon, he'll get some DNP CD games and some where the team will need 20 minutes from him. Not a bad guy to have help fill out a roster. I'm fine if he's back.

Next year we have IQ, RJ, Dick, Scottie, Jakob, Olynyk, Brown, and Agbaji all under contract. Tha's 8 right there. Add in a rookie with the Indiana pick and an off season move(s) and Nwora will be where he should be as a fringe regular minutes guy.
                          Yep, that's all I'm saying he is. Solid 15+ mpg bench piece.

Comment

That's cute. You realize that if the regulars were healthy, Nwora would not get any playing time right?

Nwora is the complete definition of a bench warmer.

Lots of bad players puts up numbers on bad teams(tanking teams), that doesn't make them "rotation" players.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's cute. You realize that if the regulars were healthy, Nwora would not get any playing time right?

Nwora is the complete definition of a bench warmer.

Lots of bad players puts up numbers on bad teams(tanking teams), that doesn't make them "rotation" players.
                              He was rotation player on Milwaukee and Indiana, literally every team he's ever played on he was a rotation player.

Comment

He was rotation player on Milwaukee and Indiana, literally every team he's ever played on he was a rotation player.
                                Did you followed his career since his rookie year? I didn't. I watched all the Bucks playoff games in 2021 though. I don't remember him playing a single minute in the playoffs or in the finals. Did you?

The Pacers? the Pacers last year did not even make the play in, meaning they're a bad team. So I can see why he got playing time for them.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X