Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Winning one
    Casey is the winningest coach in Raptors history. 3-time Atlantic division champion!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      If we're keeping the same core (Lowry/DD/Powell/Ibaka/JV) and want to stay competitive with it, then I'd bring in Jeff Van Gundy. Our roster feels like a JVG type of team, although the game has definitely changed since he last coached.

If we're starting from scratch, then I'd bring in Ettore Messina. Depending on the style he wants to play, that could trigger a few years or more of rebuilding.
      Why does everyone keep on saying Messina? He's not leaving the Spurs. Pop is going to retire soon and Messina is going to step in after him. No way Spurs let him go.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• We need a coach who has a solid history in terms of playoff. The coach must have achieved something in the playoff, and unfortunately, there is not anyone available right now.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          Why does everyone keep on saying Messina? He's not leaving the Spurs. Pop is going to retire soon and Messina is going to step in after him. No way Spurs let him go.
          Yeah i feel like Messina is being groomed. I wonder about Udoka though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• What is the goal? I think it is to win an NBA championship. If so the only way to do that is to beat the CAVS. Why not David Blatt?

Comment

• Messina, maybe Blatt, Avery Johnson is a great coach.

Comment

• Pop could not coach this roster past LeBron. Pop wasn't able to coach the Spurs roster with hall of fame players past LeBron on a few occasions. It sucks, but I feel like we have to wait out the age of LeBron before there is any hope of advancing.

Comment

• I dont think it'll make the difference. Lowry and Derozan dont believe they can win
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Dusting this off

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Pop could not coach this roster past LeBron. Pop wasn't able to coach the Spurs roster with hall of fame players past LeBron on a few occasions. It sucks, but I feel like we have to wait out the age of LeBron before there is any hope of advancing.
                      Ummm...Spurs have met Lebron 3 times in the Finals and won twice. They split their last 2 appearances where nobody on their roster was playing at a superstar level.

So I don't think it's fair to assume Pop or another elite coach wouldn't be able to lead us farther.

Comment

• A bit off topic thought....but it isn't all about Lebron being the terrific player he is. Ownership of the Cavs have invested heavily in the effort and is paying a large tax penalty (?). If Gilbert decides to pull back that team is not the same. There are also non-core good players on the team playing at under market rates.

The intention with the above is not to not upgrade the coach, change the style nor the personnel. It is clear the NBA has changed and the Raptors are woeful in both it's O & D re the 3pt. skill.

Comment

• Messina is the best available coach.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Ummm...Spurs have met Lebron 3 times in the Finals and won twice. They split their last 2 appearances where nobody on their roster was playing at a superstar level.

So I don't think it's fair to assume Pop or another elite coach wouldn't be able to lead us farther.

Pop would have been 3 for 3 vs. Lebron if not for that Game 6 prayer from Ray Allen.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

My bad, but you think Pop could do the same with the players we have? He's a great coach, but he's also coached great players.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Messina is the best available coach.
                                Messina the next phil jackson..all of guys give ure head a shake..Best coach..yeah in f@#ken europe,not here and not for this team..
                                I go with Jerry Stackhouse,the guy just won D League Championship,so players play for him even though they are not the most talented,Dwayne Casey has lost this team few years back,but his still here and probably b back next year
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X