Everything Non-Raptors 23-24 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Once again, you've got it all wrong. I give Nurse a lot of credit. But I give Nurse similar (and lower) credit as guys like: Lue, Vogel, Rivers, Malone, Bud, Carlisle, etc... I'm just pointing out examples as to why Nurse shouldn't be consistently elevated above those guys, which he is. Like I said before.... just because I don't bow down to Nurse like you guys, it doesn't mean that I'm down on Nurse.

And speaking of pretty ridiculous.... it's the excuses & double standards for Nurse that are the most ridiculous thing. A "clearly limited" Embiid just put up": 33ppg/11rpg/6apg/1.2spg/1.5bpg. Basically the same as his regular season stats. Like what does Nurse need to Embiid to do: put up 50/25/12/5/5? And we'd all hail Nurse as a genius coach who is putting Embiid in a position to succeed, right? You can spin the narrative for coaches any which way you want, and nobody can really argue against it. But the best part is that while you talk about a "clearly limited Embiid", you simultaneously completely ignore a "completely limited Randle", leaving Brunson with no second option making it easy for Nurse's vaunted defense to get the ball out of his hands. Oh, wait... that never happend... Brunson just got stronger as the series wore on. You see, the double standard for evaluating Nurse is hilarious.... but you guys can't even see it. But I'm not hanging the loss on Nurse, either, because, unlike you guys, I didn't expect him to be a difference-maker, in the first place. Especially coaching vs. Thibs, who is not spoken of in the same hallowed tones as Nurse. Nurse is okay. Just... okay.

You seem to have a lot of strong opinions on the peanut gallery evaluating NBA coaches. Would be interesting to know where you rank Thibs, Stevens and all the other chip winning coaches I mentioned. And why. Heck, where does Casey rank?
    i just feel like nurse really needed embiid to be able to do things like run and jump. i think if he could run and jump it could have helped them protect the rim and not get absolutely fucking crushed on the glass in games 1 and 4, which they would have won if they didn't get just demolished there. running and jumping is a pretty underrated component of playing basketball imo, it's not all about raw production golden. also his stats between regular season (one of the best of all time) and playoffs are not even close and you know it, which is why you just gave the raw counting stats.

and no i don't think the knicks are missing randle too much. brunson is a more effective option than randle is and they were better off having the ball in brunson's hands and kicking out to shooters when he got bottled up than any kind of "my turn your turn" shit they would have resorted to were randle healthy.

i think all the coaches you named are somewhere between pretty good to really good, except for rivers who is somewhere between bad and mediocre at this point. and i think bud's playoff track record is pretty poor, although there have been some health issues there too in some of his playoff flame outs. and no i don't have time nor inclination to go into detail and rank them all for you
    Last edited by chris; Mon May 6, 2024, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• I think Riley has had enough of Butler's nonsense. Can't really blame him. Butler takes nights off whenever he wants too and has openly said that he doesn't take the regular season seriously. Why would you want a player like that?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        I think Riley has had enough of Butler's nonsense. Can't really blame him. Butler takes nights off whenever he wants too and has openly said that he doesn't take the regular season seriously. Why would you want a player like that?

When you can have a player like this:

Comment

• Winning solves everything. After losing to Wolves Jokic aloof "i care only about horses" attitude is not fun and quirky anymore too
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Winning solves everything. After losing to Wolves Jokic aloof "i care only about horses" attitude is not fun and quirky anymore too
            Well its tough to win back to back championships. Hasn't happened since the Warriors in 2018 and thats because the gap between them and the next best team was pretty big.

Also unfortunate I guess that Murray got injured last series. Its partly the Wolves defense and partly his explosiveness isn't there.

The first quarter of Game 3 will be pretty telling. If the Nuggets don't come out strong and punk them, their chances of winning the series hits 0.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Winning solves everything. After losing to Wolves Jokic aloof "i care only about horses" attitude is not fun and quirky anymore too
              lol, so true. If Nuggets lose, Jokic is also going to get roasted about not working hard to stay in shape in the off-season.

Selfishly, I hope Murray gets knocked out early with time to rest & heal up for Team Canada... with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

lol, so true. If Nuggets lose, Jokic is also going to get roasted about not working hard to stay in shape in the off-season.

Selfishly, I hope Murray gets knocked out early with time to rest & heal up for Team Canada... with a chip on his shoulder.
                You just gave me a really good reason to root for the Wolves.

Comment

When you can have a player like this:

Kawhi needed to take nights off(load management) because he has chronic knee injuries. Can't say the same about Butler. He just takes nights off whenever he wants too.

Kawhi also doesn't boast around how he doesn't try until the playoffs. From what I remember Kawhi still played hard during the regular season. If you watch Butler play during the reg season, he just mostly coast around. That's why his reg season numbers are SO DIFFERENT than his playoff numbers.

Don't get fooled by Jimmy Butler.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Heat Culture?

Comment

• This is one of the coolest things the NBA has done in a while.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

This is one of the coolest things the NBA has done in a while.

The part where just their mouths were moving on the photos was pretty funny. Glad it wasn't that the whole time.

Comment

• They robbed SGA of the MVP award. Smh.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Shaq telling Jokic that SGA deserve the MVP is kind of awkward though.

I kind of feel bad for Jokic after that interview.
                              Last edited by The Great One; Wed May 8, 2024, 08:01 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Heat Culture?
                                Pat Riley is the culture

Comment

Working...
                                X