Pistons @ Raptors Sun Nov 19th 4:00PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A.I wrote: View Post

Depends who you believe I guess. If recall, it was reported that Fred declined an extension, but Fred on a podcast said he was never formally offered an extension.

It wasn't a bad idea to bring Fred back at a reasonable contract just to retain him as an asset, but the Rockets swooped in and offered him the max.
    A reasonable contract for Fred is what we're paying for Dennis and that was already less than half of what he would accept. It was always going to end up as bad GM'ing to put so many eggs in the Fred basket, over so many years, without a cost-effective backup plan. They scrambled and found one, I guess.

Comment

From PistonPowered:

"If you want to know how bad it is for Detroit, this is now their 3rd 11-game losing streak of the calendar year. They’ve won exactly two games since Troy Weaver’s famous letter to the fans and have a net rating that is among the worst in NBA history. Since 2019, the Pistons are 82-233 a .260 winning percentage that is by far the worst in the league, 27 games worse than the Rockets during that time."

"The Pistons would need to win 14 games to pass The Process-era 76ers (widely regarded as the worst teams in NBA history) and avoid having the worst four-year stretch in the modern NBA.

Even The Process Philly team won 28 games in the 4th year, the Pistons are currently on pace to win 10 in year four. In case you think I’m just picking on Troy Weaver’s roster, it’s not just him, as the Pistons are 446-745 over the last 15 years, worst in the NBA, and the last time they won a playoff game, some guy called George W. Bush was president. If you are counting, it’s been three presidents since the Pistons won a playoff game."

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        From PistonPowered:

"If you want to know how bad it is for Detroit, this is now their 3rd 11-game losing streak of the calendar year. They’ve won exactly two games since Troy Weaver’s famous letter to the fans and have a net rating that is among the worst in NBA history. Since 2019, the Pistons are 82-233 a .260 winning percentage that is by far the worst in the league, 27 games worse than the Rockets during that time."

"The Pistons would need to win 14 games to pass The Process-era 76ers (widely regarded as the worst teams in NBA history) and avoid having the worst four-year stretch in the modern NBA.

Even The Process Philly team won 28 games in the 4th year, the Pistons are currently on pace to win 10 in year four. In case you think I’m just picking on Troy Weaver’s roster, it’s not just him, as the Pistons are 446-745 over the last 15 years, worst in the NBA, and the last time they won a playoff game, some guy called George W. Bush was president. If you are counting, it’s been three presidents since the Pistons won a playoff game."
        Cooper Flagg is generational tho

Comment

From PistonPowered:

Sounds like a team that could use Pascal.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Cooper Flagg is generational tho
            He's not in this years draft.

The top pick is projected to be Isiah Collier.

Color me unimpressed.

This is a bad year to be tanking.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

He's not in this years draft.

The top pick is projected to be Isiah Collier.

Color me unimpressed.

This is a bad year to be tanking.
              I know it's never good to not have a first round pick, but if there was ever a year to not have one, I guess this would be the one.

Comment

From PistonPowered:

Never forget....

Comment

Raptors are better than Pistons. Check.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Never forget....

...and he took it personally.
                    Toronto lives rent free in this man's head. LOL

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

We're in a rut by Raptors standards. We are leaps and bounds in a better situation than Detroit. If we were that bad I'd be despondent.
                      We're in a better [position if Masai can figure out how to add and improve on Scottie's timeline.
                      How about if OG and Pascal walk?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Sunday afternoon is tough. Family stuff. Plus lots of sports on tv, especially if you are a football fan.

By the way the Grey Cup was awesome, even though my team lost. Green Day still has it! Way to go Hamilton for putting on a great show.
                        Grey Cup is almost always a great game. I had no rooting interest but anywhere but Montreal works for me
                        Always good if Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg or Saskatchewan can win; great fans.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I have no doubt Masai wants to reorient his ship.
                          Firing Nursing, letting Fred walk and shopping Pascal is a sign of that.
                          But his decisions post championship has not been up to his standards.

Player empowerment is real and we think Scottie wants to win too.
                          Lots of us have wondered if perhaps Scottie could lobby another young player to team up here.

Comment

G____Deane wrote: View Post

Lots of us have wondered if perhaps Scottie could lobby another young player to team up here.
                            It all depends on the direction of the team and whether they are making progress towards it.
                            Right now it's still up in the air.

Comment

We're in a better [position if Masai can figure out how to add and improve on Scottie's timeline.
                              How about if OG and Pascal walk?
                              Pascal could walk for nothing and we'd still be a way better team and in a way better position than the Pistons. That's more of a reflection of just how shitty the Pistons are though.

Comment

We'll figure that out once the players in his draft class are coming up in free agency. Scottie is friends with some of them and he has a personality. Scottie is just getting better so once he is able to hit stardom, so maybe he could convince someone to play with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X