Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Halftime show became more about Chuck, Shaq, Kenny and their egos believing they’re bigger than the game. And it started to become a stale parody of itself, like all long running TV series eventually do.
    It still the best product. ESPN has hot take artist. Our TSN/sportsnet guys push stupid gambling narrative to make ad $. TNT is just a comedic relief. The chemistry is unmatched they dont need to rely on hot take and gambling ads.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

It still the best product. ESPN has hot take artist. Our TSN/sportsnet guys push stupid gambling narrative to make ad $. TNT is just a comedic relief. The chemistry is unmatched they dont need to rely on hot take and gambling ads.
      It’s absolutely a hot take show. They just add more comedy to it, and you’ve just gotten so used to the characters, that it’s not irritating. Personally I find the egos, especially Shaq, hard to take at times. Similar thing with Jack Armstrong… people swear he’s the greatest. But his drunken uncle/high school coach skit was amusing for 1 maybe 2 seasons.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think ideally Scottie is a 4 and RJ is a 2. It would be nice to add a natural 3 to the roster who is starting caliber. As it stands now I think you start Gradey at the 2 and RJ at the 3, but RJ is definitely undersized for the 3.
        Obi Toppen is an interesting name to keep an eye on. Pacers will have a payroll squeeze once they pay Siakam.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Obi Toppen is an interesting name to keep an eye on. Pacers will have a payroll squeeze once they pay Siakam.
          Toppen and Jak on the floor together with Scottie doesn't seem like a great fit. Not enough shooting and too many guys that need to hang out around the basket to have any value on offense.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

As a critic of the jak trade go all in on that core it would actually be a wash/savy move by masai. We got Jak to try and help the bench mob core. It didn't work and lost everyone else. If we could recoup that pick it would be a reset. We can ignore getting lower value and no value in FVV case. But it would have me feeling a lot better about that decision. that being said it would have to be because be raps target was there at 9.

Think 9 give you more of an opportunity to get a guard/wing and you can grab the althetic C at 19
            I'd love for them to acquire a top 10 pick, but if they trade Jak to get it then Kelly becomes our starting C with only a rookie C to back him up, and that's not good. Kelly should be coming off the bench only.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'd love for them to acquire a top 10 pick, but if they trade Jak to get it then Kelly becomes our starting C with only a rookie C to back him up, and that's not good. Kelly should be coming off the bench only.
              Raptors should try to tank one more season. We still have Scottie's draft rights, IQ is an RFA and RJ is locked up. So even if they all get upset by another tank season we can bring them back no sweat. This team needs some talent infusion and its hard to do that in free agency. And a trade would require giving up lots of depth/draft picks and we are a long way from going all in like that.

We just had 25 wins but no lottery pick to show for it. And 41 wins the year prior where we got Dick. I think we need another 20+ win season and then we go up from there. If we can gain back a lottery pick that we lost out on this year, that just helps it even more. We will be lousy if Kelly is our primary center again. Not that I don't like Kelly but as you said he's better coming off the bench.

In 2026 we will have 2 picks (ours and the Pacers) and can use those to help us make the playoffs so we're not tanking too much. But just one more year of a full blown rebuild/tank is going to help us more than a half measure try to make a play-in/playoff approach IMO. Even though its much easier on the eyeballs to do it that way.

Comment

• Yeah if they trade Jak, it's almost certainly to tank. Unless they then go for cap room and try to grab a guy like Claxton.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nets announced they retiring Vince Carter's jersey
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'm thinking Brown + 19 to move up to number 9 seems fair. They can have Boucher too if they want him.

I don't feel like we need to move up and we don't need an extra pick either. No idea why we would wanna deal Jak for a pick in this draft.
                      I like this idea. Is there much difference between 9 and 19 in this draft?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        The fact the Nets are doing this before the Raps is nuts to me. Shame.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

The fact the Nets are doing this before the Raps is nuts to me. Shame.
                          The Raptors just continue to look like a Mickey Mouse franchise. That guy is going to the HOF as a Raptor not a Net.

Masai if you're reading this, Wake the fuck up.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Raptors should try to tank one more season. We still have Scottie's draft rights, IQ is an RFA and RJ is locked up. So even if they all get upset by another tank season we can bring them back no sweat. This team needs some talent infusion and its hard to do that in free agency. And a trade would require giving up lots of depth/draft picks and we are a long way from going all in like that.

We just had 25 wins but no lottery pick to show for it. And 41 wins the year prior where we got Dick. I think we need another 20+ win season and then we go up from there. If we can gain back a lottery pick that we lost out on this year, that just helps it even more. We will be lousy if Kelly is our primary center again. Not that I don't like Kelly but as you said he's better coming off the bench.

In 2026 we will have 2 picks (ours and the Pacers) and can use those to help us make the playoffs so we're not tanking too much. But just one more year of a full blown rebuild/tank is going to help us more than a half measure try to make a play-in/playoff approach IMO. Even though its much easier on the eyeballs to do it that way.
                            Agree this is what they should do, but doubtful they will. The whole strategy has been to not rebuild the traditional way so they can compete as soon as possible. There's that whole rebranding piece looming over their heads as well.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Raptors just continue to look like a Mickey Mouse franchise. That guy is going to the HOF as a Raptor not a Net.

Masai if you're reading this, Wake the fuck up.
                              Maybe Toronto was keeping a jersey retirement close to the vest as part of the 30th year celebrations. We know they have hinted at some nostalgic things in the pipe line. Maybe the Nets wanted to steal some of our thunder by announcing it.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Maybe Toronto was keeping a jersey retirement close to the vest as part of the 30th year celebrations. We know they have hinted at some nostalgic things in the pipe line. Maybe the Nets wanted to steal some of our thunder by announcing it.
                                Say it with me now - FUCK BROOKLYN!

Comment

Working...
                                X