Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

Oh man ... all the guys will likely go over if they are wanted, but not Ernie .. and Ernie makes it what it is, and he won't leave Turner/TNT.
    Fuck NBC. Fuck their theme song too.

Inside the NBA is one of the best parts of the NBA season. Things aren't going to be the same after next year.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

end of an era
      The Warner guys have pretty consistently said they don't need basketball and won't blow their brains out bidding for it, so this isn't a surprise.

I have a feeling this will be bad news for fans as they are going to put some of this shit on Peacock and charge for it.

Sports fans are going to get absolutely hosed in the post-cable world.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The Warner guys have pretty consistently said they don't need basketball and won't blow their brains out bidding for it, so this isn't a surprise.

I have a feeling this will be bad news for fans as they are going to put some of this shit on Peacock and charge for it.

Sports fans are going to get absolutely hosed in the post-cable world.
        I could see Amazon being the ones to try and bring back Inside the NBA. Curious to see how that plays out. Wonder if we'll get Raps games on Prime TV. Would be great actually.

Comment

I could see Amazon being the ones to try and bring back Inside the NBA. Curious to see how that plays out. Wonder if we'll get Raps games on Prime TV. Would be great actually.
          Hilariously, Netflix, Apple TV and Peacock are 'teaming up' to offer a bundle through Comcast. No one is making any money in streaming other than Netflix - just flushing billions down the toilet.

I just struggle as to how ESPN is paying for all these tv rights. It is shedding subscribers by boatload every year and Disney can't even find anyone to unload it on but yet it somehow has tens of billions for college football, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. Makes no sense.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Hilariously, Netflix, Apple TV and Peacock are 'teaming up' to offer a bundle through Comcast. No one is making any money in streaming other than Netflix - just flushing billions down the toilet.

I just struggle as to how ESPN is paying for all these tv rights. It is shedding subscribers by boatload every year and Disney can't even find anyone to unload it on but yet it somehow has tens of billions for college football, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. Makes no sense.
            Streaming bubble is about to burst.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Oh man ... all the guys will likely go over if they are wanted, but not Ernie .. and Ernie makes it what it is, and he won't leave Turner/TNT.
              I think they could find someone to fill his role.

Barkley is the key ingredient for me.

Comment

Streaming bubble is about to burst.
                There will just be more consolidation. It's already happening. Disney and Warner are offering a combined Disney+ and Max bundle.

There's no linear TV subscribers to go back to, everyone cut the cord.

It takes a long time to turn any new business venture profitable. The fact Netflix got there shows these other streaming services can do it too. Just gonna take more time.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Jak for the 9th after we just swapped the 8th for him would be hilarious. Would have to think they'd make such a move with a plan to target a FA C like Claxton...?

If the pick can be had for something more like Brown, Boucher, etc? Great. But would be surprised.
                  I'm thinking Brown + 19 to move up to number 9 seems fair. They can have Boucher too if they want him.

I don't feel like we need to move up and we don't need an extra pick either. No idea why we would wanna deal Jak for a pick in this draft.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

There will just be more consolidation. It's already happening. Disney and Warner are offering a combined Disney+ and Max bundle.

There's no linear TV subscribers to go back to, everyone cut the cord.

It takes a long time to turn any new business venture profitable. The fact Netflix got there shows these other streaming services can do it too. Just gonna take more time.
                    yeah it'll be packaged but i don't see stacktv, crave, paramount, hulu and many many more surviving.

Comment

yeah it'll be packaged but i don't see stacktv, crave, paramount, hulu and many many more surviving.
                      Disney owns Hulu, they're already in the process of combining Disney+ and Hulu into one app.

Paramount+ is for sale, and likely to be bought to be combined with something else.

The smaller ones like crave may be screwed, but I don't think they spend much on content so who knows.

Getting the NBA rights likely makes Peacock safe. 100% they're gonna make you get Peacock to watch NBA games.

Comment

• Yeah Peacock showed an NFL game I believe last season and people had to pay money to see their team (and they did). Although the NFL is different, but I could see them showing some big games on their network and see if it gets new subscriptions.

Personally I'm loving that we're here in Canada where all our games will still be televised. I'm usually not excited enough to see a national game anymore. I find that most stars don't show up anyway or the game is a bore. Playoffs are different but we're liking getting the bigger games on TSN/Sportsnet anyway.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          The smaller ones like crave may be screwed, but I don't think they spend much on content so who knows.
                          Crave is the only way to get HBO in Canada, because Bell has the perpetual rights to everything HBO, and Crave is Bells baby for that exact reason.

Comment

• Don't fully agree with this take but the way TNT handle certain things was terrible. You trying to promote a sport and then end up trivializing a whole lot of it.

Comment

Don't fully agree with this take but the way TNT handle certain things was terrible. You trying to promote a sport and then end up trivializing a whole lot of it.
                              Halftime show became more about Chuck, Shaq, Kenny and their egos believing they’re bigger than the game. And it started to become a stale parody of itself, like all long running TV series eventually do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Jak for the 9th after we just swapped the 8th for him would be hilarious. Would have to think they'd make such a move with a plan to target a FA C like Claxton...?

If the pick can be had for something more like Brown, Boucher, etc? Great. But would be surprised.
                                As a critic of the jak trade go all in on that core it would actually be a wash/savy move by masai. We got Jak to try and help the bench mob core. It didn't work and lost everyone else. If we could recoup that pick it would be a reset. We can ignore getting lower value and no value in FVV case. But it would have me feeling a lot better about that decision. that being said it would have to be because be raps target was there at 9.

Think 9 give you more of an opportunity to get a guard/wing and you can grab the althetic C at 19
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X