Everything 2024 Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think the Bulls will keep the status quo. Hawks will make some big changes.

Warriors will make some big moves too. It will be interesting to see what the Clippers do. Both George and Harden are free agents. If they lose to the Mavs in the first round do they bring them both back?
    Bulls have some big decisions to make. Lonzo hasn't played in I don't know how long and is he going to be back next season or even be the player he was before injury? Then there's the whole thing with Lavine wanting to be traded. They may wait to see how things go at the start of the season and make a decision on direction by trade deadline or that off-season.

Hawks seem due for something.

Comment

• Injuries/tanking, whatever; this is unbelieveable.

The loss ensured that Toronto (25-56) will finish the season with the fifth-worst mark in franchise history, regardless of what happens in its finale at Miami on Sunday.

It’ll be Toronto’s worst season since going 22-60 in 2010-11.

Comment

• G______Deane wrote: View Post
        Injuries/tanking, whatever; this is unbelieveable.

The loss ensured that Toronto (25-56) will finish the season with the fifth-worst mark in franchise history, regardless of what happens in its finale at Miami on Sunday.

I don't think it's that deep.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I don't think it's that deep.
          Top players got injured and were out for the rest of the season, so we pivoted to tanking, as we should have. Not deep or hard to understand at all.

Comment

• G______Deane wrote: View Post
            Injuries/tanking, whatever; this is unbelieveable.

Damn I really don't care lol last time I felt embarrassed was LeBronto years
            Last edited by MixxAOR; Sat Apr 13, 2024, 10:37 AM.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• 5-10 moves is right.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

5-10 moves is right.
                Yep. Currently they have EIGHT quality NBA players on the roster: Barnes, Dick, Boucher, IQ, KO, RJ, Agbaji and Poeltl. I didn't include Trent and Brown because I'm not sure if they're going to be back next year. But they're NBA caliber players as well.

The rest? they're all garbage and should not be back next year. I mean, I would not be upset if they bring back someone like Liberty as the 15th man.....but that's about it.

Maybe they draft 2-3 players in the draft this year. A couple of free agency signing/trades. 5+ moves is about right.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Yep. Currently they have EIGHT quality NBA players on the roster: Barnes, Dick, Boucher, IQ, KO, RJ, Agbaji and Poeltl. I didn't include Trent and Brown because I'm not sure if they're going to be back next year. But they're NBA caliber players as well.

The rest? they're all garbage and should not be back next year. I mean, I would not be upset if they bring back someone like Liberty as the 15th man.....but that's about it.

Maybe they draft 2-3 players in the draft this year. A couple of free agency signing/trades. 5+ moves is about right.
                  I mean if you're talking any NBA players then sure we have a bunch but so does every other team. We could add another 7 guys that are the quality of KO and Abaji and we'll be at the bottom of the league again next season. Maybe we need 1-2 big moves to add higher end players than 5-10 more guys like KO, Abaji, Boucher etc.

Comment

• Of the guys I trust the most on the team right now it's Scottie, IQ, RJ, Jak, Dick and Kelly. I don't trust Ochai to be a serviceable player but I have hope. Similar hope to what I had in Precious actually (and that didn't pan out).

I think this team next year, with 2-3 rookies, a potential upgrade in free agency/trades over Brown/Gary, and mostly healthy... I have them closer to 40 wins than 46-47 wins. So that's 9-10 territory and play-in. Or 11th seed and looking at the draft lottery again (maybe minus a pick).

Scottie needs another jump/leap in his game. But at least one of those picks has to hit.. and by hit I mean all rookie team with 65+ games played. I suspect next season to be rough. Not as rough as this season but still pretty mediocre.

It's the season after that though is where I could see play-offs (5th/6th seed). Like the jump both the Pacers and Magic made from last year to this year.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I mean if you're talking any NBA players then sure we have a bunch but so does every other team. We could add another 7 guys that are the quality of KO and Abaji and we'll be at the bottom of the league again next season. Maybe we need 1-2 big moves to add higher end players than 5-10 more guys like KO, Abaji, Boucher etc.
                      The problem with this team is half their roster are not NBA caliber players. You saw what happened when Jak, Scottie, RJ and IQ were out. They looked like the worst team in NBA history.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Of the guys I trust the most on the team right now it's Scottie, IQ, RJ, Jak, Dick and Kelly. I don't trust Ochai to be a serviceable player but I have hope. Similar hope to what I had in Precious actually (and that didn't pan out).

I think this team next year, with 2-3 rookies, a potential upgrade in free agency/trades over Brown/Gary, and mostly healthy... I have them closer to 40 wins than 46-47 wins. So that's 9-10 territory and play-in. Or 11th seed and looking at the draft lottery again (maybe minus a pick).

Scottie needs another jump/leap in his game. But at least one of those picks has to hit.. and by hit I mean all rookie team with 65+ games played. I suspect next season to be rough. Not as rough as this season but still pretty mediocre.

It's the season after that though is where I could see play-offs (5th/6th seed). Like the jump both the Pacers and Magic made from last year to this year.
                        Depends on the leap which Scottie takes. If he turns into a top 5-8 type player then RJ and IQ will start to look like All Stars and lesser players start looking like the rest of the OKC squad. That's why I sort of disagree with what Webster is saying in that clip. It's the top end talent that drives wins (1-2 big moves).

Comment

The problem with this team is half their roster are not NBA caliber players. You saw what happened when Jak, Scottie, RJ and IQ were out. They looked like the worst team in NBA history.
                          Sure, if Shai or Luka or Jokic go down it's the same.

Comment

Ahem....

https://statm.us/e/JEjNs8QGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Sure, if Shai or Luka or Jokic go down it's the same.

I'm pretty sure they would still win one game. The Raps never won a game when the regulars were all out. They were getting blown out consistently by bad teams too.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So who is gone from the reliable group of players?

I don't see GTJ or Brown coming back.

Also you got to trade quality to get quality. Wouldn't be surprised to see Yak and/or Boucher traded.

If they miss in the draft, or experiment by trying out undersized point guards in the undrafted market, the bench could be really short playable guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X