Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Playoffs - Game 1: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 86 (OT) (Was 1-0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Not much of a 3 & D when the 3 isn't part of the equation. Turns Ross into just a D.. and I can't disagree with that. LOL Ross is such a D.
    Ross has had an awful year. But he's hit the 3 at a decent rate from what I gather. Around 40%? Perhaps that was just from a portion of the year / second half.

And Ross has the aptitude to be s good defensive player. When interested he's a decent defender. Gets down in to a good defensive stance can move laterally well and of course he's pretty long and very athletic. I do think he has the potential to be a serviceable starting 3 and D. Maybe more. It's really up to him.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      top 5 offense.
      I made this point earlier:

The ugly iso offence we watched all year was supposed to be all about the playoffs. 'Built for playoff success', they told us.

We will see...
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I will eat a first round loss so long as it is enough for MU to fire Casey. Terrible, terrible coach.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          I will eat a first round loss so long as it is enough for MU to fire Casey. Terrible, terrible coach.
          We should find Oliver Miller so he can eat Dwane Casey
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            We should find Oliver Miller so he can eat Dwane Casey
            lol gg

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              That was insane. How many times, when healthy, did we see Lou running the point in the regular season? I can think of maybe one time myself.

Experimenting with new lineups in the playoffs is one of my biggest coaching pet peeves.

And something that will be interesting to watch for next game: which 3 guards will we roll out in crunch time? After GV hit those big 3s today, he has to be in the conversation now...
              pet peeves ??? how can it be a pet peeve already that was the first time in the history on the nba a head coach has experimented with his line ups in game. i shit you not its never been done before

Comment

• I'm just a fan and I guess I understand the whole matchup thing. What I don't understand is failing to make an adjustment with the pierce coverage. We had no answer for him. Oh wait we did but his ass was glued to the bench. Have seen it before and we will see it again I'm sure...Casey out coached. This is a better team than he deserves.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                  pet peeves ??? how can it be a pet peeve already that was the first time in the history on the nba a head coach has experimented with his line ups in game. i shit you not its never been done before
                  Dude I'm talking about in playoff games.

Obviously you'll be doing this all regular season...
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann 2h2 hours ago
                    According to #SportVU, John Wall shot just 3 times off of 36 ball screens. That tells me TOR was too aggressive out high... (1/2)
                    That scramble D... smh

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Impressed that the Raptors dug in and tied the game in the fourth, but they shouldn't have been down by 13/15 in the 4th. Rebounds hurt, but they always hurt. The Wizards kind of suck.. if Pierce is defended a bit a better they lose.. he was the only Wizard that showed up.. Even Wall was pretty meh. Brooklyn last year is better than the Wiz are this year, in my opinion.

They defended Lou and DeRozan very well. The Raptors moved the ball enough but nobody could hit their shots. I can't see that trend continuing. Raptors have had mild success on the road as well.. so even if home court was taken away I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think the Raps win in 6.
                      if only we had someone on our roster that excelled at guarding big gaurds, if only the gm had brought a player in to address this need that didnt hurt caseys fellings we would of won the game.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        It's not like Washington came into the arena and out played the Raptors, Washington played like horse shit and We still lost to them.........
                        Yup. Wiz played like shit and they still somehow won......on the road. Not a good sign.

Pierce was the only one that showed up for them. Beal was ok. Gortat was a non factor. Wall was meh.

Imagine if Gortat, Wall and Beal put it all together?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Yup. Wiz played like shit and they still somehow won......on the road. Not a good sign.

Pierce was the only one that showed up for them. Beal was ok. Gortat was a non factor. Wall was meh.

Imagine if Gortat, Wall and Beal put it all together?
                          Yup its game over.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Yep. They shot exactly as badly as we did, no reason to think they can't get better as well.
                              Yes obviously I get the point but honestly from what I saw we took our fair share of stupid shots but missed a hell of a lot of good looks. That being said rebounding and pierce were the issues which Casey did not respond to but could have.

Comment

• "It"
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X