im just trying to imgine a line up of

Lowry/DD/Khris/Faried/JV
    with back ups as

Beverly/VC/JJ/Hans/Parkins
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Bourgozie wrote: View Post
      He's turning 30 next year and his body is breaking down, he's the best he's ever goign to be.

Might as well trade him now, his value is at it's peak
      Possibly.. but I don't think his value will go down drastically next year either. He's on a very good contract and as for his injuries.. he was playing dog minutes when DD went down. Plus for a coach that didn't care if he played 34+ minutes a game. Last year he played 79 games (and at 36+ mins a game). And was good in the playoffs after that long season.

I think this is a blip not a norm. He's a veteran but he's not washed up.

Comment

1. FIRE CASEY!
        Replacement options- JVG, Mark Jackson, Scott Brooks (if OKC fires him) but knowing our hipster GM he'll find someone noone's ever heard of from the Turkish league or throw everyone off and bring back Butch Carter (which is still an upgrade to Casey and all the coaches we've had since Lenny)

2. Trade Ross
        Maybe combining with our #1 pick (*20th) might bring back someone or some assets of value and free up minutes for JJ to be our primary backup 3 off the bench.

3. Re-Sign Lou
        Yeah he's a love or hate player but he's 6th man of the year that has won many games for us and a supersub off the bench is a rare commodity. 2-3 yr $7-8M/yr max.

4. Starting 3 preferably w/ 3 pt range
        Top names like Kawhi & Draymond are not going anywhere
        Best case scenario- MU should be keeping a close eye on DEN potential blowup and picks up Danillo Gallinari
        Best Target- Tobias Harris will be expensive so that ORL doesn't match but is seems would be ideal for our team.
        Luol Deng if he's declines his player option.

5. Starting 4
        Once again Aldridge, Love, Millsap are in good situations and going nowhere or not coming to TO.
        Best Options- David West, Greg Monroe, Kenneth Faried (if Den decides to blowup)
        2nd Options- TT, Young, Ed Davis

6. Backup rim protecting C
        with most $ tied up with upgrading SF & PF and re-signing Lou this will go to guys like Emeka Okafor if healthy, Bismack Biyombo or Kosta Koufas.

7. Vet presence with playoff experience.
        If we get guys like David West or Luol Deng then this is covered but if not... bring back Vince Carter.

I'm looking at our off season depth basically as:
        C- JV/?/Bebe
        PF- ?/PP/TH
        SF- ?/JJ/Bruno
        SG- DD/Lou/?
        PG- KL/GV/?

Comment

We need a rebounder and defensive backup PG^^
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Checked this money wise, I think it should work.

1. #FireCasey. Hire a ball movement oriented coach. I'm okay with a rookie coach (Steve Nash maybe?)

2. Draft George Lucas with our pick.

For our FA's, renounce everyone's rights to free up space to spend. Let Lou Will and Hans know you will be resigning them with exceptions.

3. Trade Terrence Ross to OKC for Perry Jones and maybe a protected pick (most likely the 2016 second they own which is the worse pick between the Kings and the Pelicans, will most likely be the Pelicans 2016 second)

4. Trade GV and our 2016 first to Houston for a resigned Beverley (assuming 6M salary)

5. Sign Middleton to 13M per, 4 years.

6. We now have 7.5M to spend on a starting PF (gauge options between Amir,
            Thaddeus Young, Brandon Bass maybe)

7. We've now hit the cap. Use the full MLE to sign Lou Will (5.3M). Use the BAE to sign Hans (2.1M)

Our rotation next year:

Lowry/Beverley/Lucas
            Derozan/Lou Will/Daniels
            Middleton/J Johnson/Bruno
            FA/Patterson/Jones
            Valanciunas/Hansbrough/Noguiera
            Really like the Lowry/Beverly/Lucas tandem as well as the wings rotation, however, as intriguing as making Steve Nash our head coach is, you think he'd be able to coach a team into defensive respectability? (we all know the offence would be unreal)

Comment

GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
              Really like the Lowry/Beverly/Lucas tandem as well as the wings rotation, however, as intriguing as making Steve Nash our head coach is, you think he'd be able to coach a team into defensive respectability? (we all know the offence would be unreal)
              I remember seeing an article on NBC sports where Steve Nash openly said he has zero interest in coaching..and if he ever did change his stance, he'd probably just be a disciple of D'Antoni and his run & gun style with no emphasis on D

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                We need a rebounder and defensive backup PG^^
                Yea if we could trade GV to Hou in a S&T with Beverly, that would be a great defensive backup PG upgrade...

so which SF/PF Combo would look best beside DD/KL/JV
                DEN Trade- Gallinari & Faried
                Young Studs- Tobias/Monroe
                Grizzled Vets- Deng/West

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  My mistake as far as Lou and Amir.

20.5 because GV goes down to an assumed 6(Beverley)

And ross goes down to about 2. Add to that nobody getting resigned and I think it adds up, too lazy to do the math again
                  We'll have 17 or so. Saving a half million from Greivis and a million from Ross won't get you near 20M. On top of the zero chance Beverley signs for so little.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I don't know, this team already has a pile of shooters. I'd look at replacing one or two of the perimeter players with defenders who can rebound. But yes, "go for long wing players who can shoot, pass, and handle but who arent ball dominating" - like Terrence Ross. Would have been nice if he had developed any kind of game by this point.
                    Disagree very much.

Scenario: Ball goes inside before being kicked out and swung among the 4 players on the perimeter.

Question: Every time the ball touches a players hands on the perimeter, is the player a threat to hit the shot?

Answer: Not even close. Especially when you're playing DD 35 mpg....

Comment

1. Replace Casey.
                      2. Trade Lou, JJ, Ross and Vasquez.
                      3. Resign Amir, only if cheap, otherwise let him walk and keep Hans - 3rd big off bench.
                      4. Let the other expirings walk.
                      5. Acquire a rebounding and defending 4, and a SF with size that can shoot.

JV/Bebe
                      ?/Patterson/Amir or Hans
                      ?/Bruno
                      Demar/?
                      Lowry/?

Alot of holes to fill in one offseason. We should go after guys like Draymond, Leonard and/or Middleton in FA and a backup PG that can provide at least a little D. Or trades if possible.

I would still like to Lowry, Demar, and JV with a new coach and system, and some added talent. I think Lou's style of play has infected the other guys, and Casey is useless to reign them in. No Lou (sorry bud, sounds odd considering he is the SMOY), Ross or Vasquez, Hayes (like him too but will need the roster spot), or Fields.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        Disagree very much.

Scenario: Ball goes inside before being kicked out and swung among the 4 players on the perimeter.

Question: Every time the ball touches a players hands on the perimeter, is the player a threat to hit the shot?

Answer: Not even close. Especially when you're playing DD 35 mpg....
                        Raptors lead the league in most players with 100 or more made threes (5).
                        Last edited by tDotted; Wed Apr 22, 2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Does anyone think MU will tear the roster down and tank in the only season this franchise has hosted the All-star game? I have my doubts, which is why I also think that at least two of Demar, Lowry, and JV will be retained. I'm not sure these guys, along with the other players, can return pieces that will keep us competitive and give at least one guy a chance to make the all-star game. Although, maybe JV could do it on a tanking team...but then again Vucevic never made it this season.

Comment

Does something like this work?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l2spe8c

Sacramento: Lawson, #7
                            Denver: DeRozan, collison, #20
                            Toronto: Gallo, Staukas, #6

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              Fire Casey.

Let everyone walk, except maybe Hands Bro.

Sign Paul Millsap.

Evaluate how Lowry, DD and Ross do with a new coach and system before trading them.
                              I agree. Things may look different with a new coach...

Comment

This team needs a SF, PF and back up C like it did last summer Some of you drank the cool-aid too early and did not see how MU did a half ass job last summer.

Now, if you want to play inside out, then you need a pass first point guard as well so add that to the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X