Fire Masai Ujiri.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I still dont understand the we have enough firsts already thing. Again a late first is a crapshoot but two doubles your chances. It could be malachi AND Bane, Kessler AND Koloko. We’re signing Gueye now theres lots of roster space for a first. Browns stats seem written on the wall at this point chances are his value decreases. Or is he going to take minutes from gradey and ochai for six or twelve months so we can get a first later - maybe?
    This.

Also who is calling this decision making…

Bury Porter, a potential young Center who can spread the floor because Ujiri has to justify the Olynyk move from now until additional justification to re-sign him in the offseason.

What is the difference there with people trying to defend the move for Agbaji who is the same a project as Porter?

Comment

• Has anyone ever asked this coach why he refused to play Boucher?

Comment

I still dont understand the we have enough firsts already thing. Again a late first is a crapshoot but two doubles your chances. It could be malachi AND Bane, Kessler AND Koloko. We’re signing Gueye now theres lots of roster space for a first. Browns stats seem written on the wall at this point chances are his value decreases. Or is he going to take minutes from gradey and ochai for six or twelve months so we can get a first later - maybe?
        MLSE doesn’t want FRPs because there’s a guaranteed rookie scale contract attached to it. They’d rather have 2RPs and scrape the barrel with undrafted FAs so they con negotiate flexible, el cheapo, contracts.

MLSE owners are greedy mofos who never even want to come close to paying the luxury tax, unless they are 100% sure they can recover that from playoff gate & extra sponsor/ad revenues.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

MLSE doesn’t want FRPs because there’s a guaranteed rookie scale contract attached to it. They’d rather have 2RPs and scrape the barrel with undrafted FAs so they con negotiate flexible, el cheapo, contracts.

MLSE owners are greedy mofos who never even want to come close to paying the luxury tax, unless they are 100% sure they can recover that from playoff gate & extra sponsor/ad revenues.
          That is a very weird assertion.
          Who wouldn't want FRPs?
          Especially for a team that is not a FA destination.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That is a very weird assertion.
            Who wouldn't want FRPs?
            Especially for a team that is not a FA destination.
            As soon as they got the Pacers picks Masai said “we’re not going to use all of them”. You can ask the same question, as above: why not use the picks & roll the dice on getting some talent?

This front office makes decisions to avoid the tax, years in advance, to retain financial flexibility. That’s been a constant in their decision making process, over the years.

Comment

They made it pretty clear they value young prospects over picks when they started the teardown this season. Guaranteed if Pascal didn't force his way to Indiana that we'd have ended up with young players over Brown and the Indy FRP. They just aren't interested in this year's draft all that much and are focusing on established players.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If thats the case it would be sooo sad. Whats a late first 3m? We were just paying thad 8, this is Temple pay rate, less than mcdaniels

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                  Has anyone ever asked this coach why he refused to play Boucher?
                  article came out suggesting he doesn't fit darko's system.... but mind you darko said day one that precious was an offensive hub...

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I think you want a different kind of forum. The all positive, everyone have the same opinion, worship at the idol of management is down the hall....why have a trade thread for example if you only want to talk about what was traded vs what could be or should be (in the eyes of a fan)?

What you're advocating for (if that's all that would be on offer) sounds entirely boring and misses the point of a forum imo. Start a thread called "only what I see on the court" and have at it
                    The likes on this quote and the quote itself are perfect.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Fair.

But a high level decision has to come from Ed Rogers…Larry T. as the only ally of Masai will eventually have to give in.

It is inevitable though that Ed Rogers will have to pick his own guy
                      And if that happens, Ed is guaranteed to pick a bafoon like himself. Maybe Claw and the other 2k GMs on this site can submit their resumes.

Comment

• Imagine having a core of Barnes, RJ, IQ, Dick, Agbaji young vets like Brown and Trent, solid vets like Poeltl, Olynyk, Boucher additional prospect like Porter and Nwora, financial flexiy and reasonable draft capital in year 1 of a rebuild and instead of talking about what's happening on the court yammering that the gm didn't make your 2k trades and should be fired. Unreal.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

So you don’t believed we are years behind? We are 15 games behind .500.

Remind me again how much you were more than willing to re-sign VanVleet?

We are building around Scottie that aligns with his age and not giving up FRPs for a 32 years old with the intention of re-signing him in the offseason.

Is that not backward thinking? Like coaching does not matter kind of mentality
                          I didn't want Fred back at 43M. But I also would have wanted to see the front office do a better job of helping that core out. They brought in Thad instead of a better big or a backup point guard. They then got Jak, but still didn't get a backup point guard. And then gave them a terrible bench on top of all that. Ultimately that inability to build a team around that trio lead to a tipping point as everyone wanted max dollars, and we had no way of building that team anymore.

That first round pick was traded for Ochai, who's 23. And was the #14 pick in his draft class 1.5 years ago. Plus was the MVP of the tourney. Of course you know all this, but everyone has their narrative. And I bet you will keep telling yourself that the 32 year old vet was traded for that pick. You even mentioned it to me twice, in two separate posts:

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

This is the funniest and I am sorry to making fun of this POV

We gave up a FRP for a 32 years old to coach Scottie because you don’t believe that Darko is a non-factor coaching the team

super hilarious PM

And yeah, I think the people that play the game on the court are way more important than the coach in an NBA setting.

Comment

• Bottom out in a good draft year. Get your batman. Scottie can be your Robin.

Comment

• It's been pointed out plenty, but worth repeating so maybe Claw will finally get it.

We didn't trade a 1st for Olynyk. We traded a 1st for Agbaji. A prospect.

Claw, you keep adding "and a project" like that's a bad thing for a rebuilding team to add. It's exactly what a rebuilding team should add! Prospects are the whole idea!
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                                Am I really the only one on this site that can't stand the wannabe gm type comments, and really wants more analysis of the the play of the team as it is?
                                The real question that needs to be asked is "When are these outstanding analysts of NBA basketball ever going to be snapped up by right-thinking teams who see that their only pathway to a championship is to follow the analyst's sage advice?" I envy them the millions of dollars that will soon be thrown at their feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X