Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exit interviews & MU's news conference - MLSE APPROVES D-LEAGUE TEAM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If the drinking game was to take a shot every time MU said "process" and "building", I'd already be loaded.
    "Process" and "Building"

That press conference was Bryan Colangelo-esque
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Honestly if you change how Lowry and Lou played, this series may have been extended by 2 games.
      Honestly, if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Also, while just about everyone around here wants Casey fired, and with good enough reason I think, it gives MU, a patient man, a well-rounded perspective on evaluating him.

I mean, I'm thinking timeline here. Guy does a good job post-Gay trade. Give him an extension and take a hands off approach to see if he can keep improving his team. That ends up being a failure so basically say at season's end that management will talk to coach to find better schemes for the team. Coach will be judged on his ability to adjust tactics based on those discussions, and fired if he can't. So gave a coach a chance without meddling. Meddled to try and help the process. If failure continues no reason to keep him.

Though I still don't see why they couldn't have had that discussion in January, and fired him now if he was unable to adjust....

*Edit: I'm still hoping we'll see a firing at some point in the next few weeks...
      Masai has until trade deadline 2016 to get this sorted, but I'm not drinking the kool-aid anymore.

As for Casey, unless there's some compelling stuff going on behind the scenes, why bring him back. Your logic sounds a lot like this:

Step 1: Give Casey enough rope to hang himself.

Step 2: Give him less rope.

How does that make sense? The only reason you keep Casey, is you have your mind set on a specific coach that may not be 100% available atm, but you believe will be available in the near future *cough* thibs *cough*. Masai has had two years of Casey. That should be enough to know he's not your guy.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• So Masai believes so much in summer 2016 that he's already taking a mulligan on next season? Is that what's happening here?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          So Masai believes so much in summer 2016 that he's already taking a mulligan on next season? Is that what's happening here?
          S.R., there's no mulligans in Raptorland! We have process and building.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            Honestly, if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.
            Greatest quote ever?

Its definitely up there.

Comment

So Masai believes so much in summer 2016 that he's already taking a mulligan on next season? Is that what's happening here?
              No, you collect assets and get playing the right way. You make the 2nd or 3rd round so free agents want to come. Next season is huge. 2016 is the "contender status" push.

Right now we're a 3rd tier team with the likes of the Pelicans, Suns, Bucks and Heat. We need to become a tier 2 team with the likes of Portland, Chicago and Dallas by next season if we want to be relevant.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He seemed so focused on the summer of 2016, that it would explain him standing-pat this season and rolling forward with the same core (ie: Casey, Lowry, DeRozan).

Summer of 2016
                - end of DC's guaranteed portion of his contract
                - end of DeRozan's guaranteed contract coverage (opt-out clause after 2015-16 season)
                - Durant becomes a free agent (ie: Vasquez, Drake, etc...)

I really hope he's not putting all his eggs in the 2016 basket. It's especially odd when you consider that 3 years of his 5-year contract will be completed by then...

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  No, you collect assets and get playing the right way. You make the 2nd or 3rd round so free agents want to come. Next season is huge. 2016 is the "contender status" push.

Right now we're a 3rd tier team with the likes of the Pelicans, Suns, Bucks and Heat. We need to become a tier 2 team with the likes of Portland, Chicago and Dallas by next season if we want to be relevant.
                  It might be hard to do that AND still be a major player in 2016 free agency, which is what MU seemed to be hinting at.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    He seemed so focused on the summer of 2016, that it would explain him standing-pat this season and rolling forward with the same core (ie: Casey, Lowry, DeRozan).

Summer of 2016
                    - end of DeRozan's guaranteed contract coverage (opt-out clause after 2015-16 season)

I really hope he's not putting all his eggs in the 2016 basket. It's especially odd when you consider that 3 years of his 5-year contract will be completed...
                    According to that Cathal Kelly article, he's putting all of his eggs in the Andrew Wiggins basket, whatever the hell summer that will be.

And I think it's a good plan.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      "Process" and "Building"

That press conference was Bryan Colangelo-esque
                      I dunno why people think he should do anything other than keep his cards close to the vest.

He's the GM, playing poker against 29 other GMs. I get that everybody wants news and a concrete plan given to them yesterday, but it would behoove Masai to say a whole lot of nothing at pressers.

You and I don't need to know a thing, because we don't work for the team.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I taught u Well...

Yo Musai..no one gives a Flying F@!K about division or how many regular games this franchise has won.
                        Get ure s@!t straight..don't give me this Brayn Colangelo drama.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Welp Masai pretty much said nothing and it looks like Casey is staying. This franchise is fucked. The only good thing I heard was us getting a D League team. I have no faith Bruno or Bebe are going to develop well under this organization much less get playing time. Terrence Ross is just a mess and JV will never develop and get the playing time he deserves under Casey. Lowry can't play a full season without falling off in the second half or getting an injury, unless it's a contract year. DD only plays well for 2 months each season. PPatt can't rebound for his life, Casey hates JJ and Vasquez is a pylon. Oh and Casey will forever be an idiot who has no control of his locker room and plays favourites. Yup the future is looking pretty fucking bleek. I don't care what Masai says. And if hes putting all his eggs in one basket for Durant and/or Wiggins he's an even bigger idiot than I thought. I had hope in Masai but I'm over it. Him and this organization are going to have to prove me wrong from here on out because I just don't see this great future they are trying to sell us fans. I wish them luck this offseason because they desperately need it.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I dunno why people think he should do anything other than keep his cards close to the vest.

He's the GM, playing poker against 29 other GMs. I get that everybody wants news and a concrete plan given to them yesterday, but it would behoove Masai to say a whole lot of nothing at pressers.

You and I don't need to know a thing, because we don't work for the team.
                            Bryan Colangelo used to do the same damn thing and we saw where that got us. I want results. I'm tired of the whole saying a lot without really saying anything. He barely answered any of the questions and he looks like he's going to keep Casey. That's all I need to hear. If Casey is here this franchise is going no where.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm sorry if you guys expected a official report by Masai. LOL
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This is the problem, though. Right now we have a bottom third defense and a first round sweep team. The leap from here to conference finalists is HUGE and it isn't going to happen by bringing back this year's coach and the core.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

Summer of 2016

I really hope he's not putting all his eggs in the 2016 basket. It's especially odd when you consider that 3 years of his 5-year contract will be completed by then...
                                I'm leaning towards this, that Masai is playing the long game. Makes more sense to me to have a new coach now and get him started a year early, but maybe the guy they really want isn't available yet.

Decisions have to be made on Amir and Lou and the 15 man roster has to be filled out for next season - how they do that will be telling. If they let Lou and Amir walk and sign some one year deals to fill out the team, then we'll really know that next year is all about next summer.

At the end of the day, it still seems like you're setting yourself up for some problems by keeping Lowry, Casey, and JV together. These pieces just don't fit.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X