No announcement yet.

TIME TO PANIC !!! What if Casey stays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing some of the rumours through HHC and e_wheazhy, it makes a little too much sense to me.

Yes, we've seen some really terrible decisions made this year, which we seemingly assumed Casey was in charge of. But I suppose it's possible that he was doing his best to keep his best player, Lowry (and by extension, his "swag crew") content.

And it's likely that Casey was in constant communication with Ujiri during the season, filling him in on the drama happening in the locker room. And if Ujiri believes that Casey's ability to coach under his own terms was in fact compromised, it wouldn't shock me to see Casey back, while Lowry is shipped.

Comment

• I log into RR this morning and I see this thread and my heart races... then I see a twitter post by Stein and I start feeling nauseous.

Well if Casey is back, see you later JV. Thanks for coming out KL. JJ take a bow. You three have been a pleasure to watch the past couple of years.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Hearing some of the rumours through HHC and e_wheazhy, it makes a little too much sense to me.

Yes, we've seen some really terrible decisions made this year, which we seemingly assumed Casey was in charge of. But I suppose it's possible that he was doing his best to keep his best player, Lowry (and by extension, his "swag crew") content.

And it's likely that Casey was in constant communication with Ujiri during the season, filling him in on the drama happening in the locker room. And if Ujiri believes that Casey's ability to coach under his own terms was in fact compromised, it wouldn't shock me to see Casey back, while Lowry is shipped.
        I still have issue with the fact that Casey, despite seemingly getting full support from Demar, couldn't control the team. With Amir and DD supporting Casey, it seems hard to give Casey a pass for letting Lowry run free like this. Assuming anything we've read is true mind you.

I would still prefer to see Casey and Lowry gone.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I still have issue with the fact that Casey, despite seemingly getting full support from Demar, couldn't control the team. With Amir and DD supporting Casey, it seems hard to give Casey a pass for letting Lowry run free like this. Assuming anything we've read is true mind you.

I would still prefer to see Casey and Lowry gone.
          I agree. I'm not excusing Casey. Just saying I understand why Ujiri would choose to bring him back (if the rumours are true).

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
            Do we need to start a protest? Must we force Masai's hand?

"If Casey stays, we won't."
            You buy a lot of executive suites at the ACC?

Comment

I agree. I'm not excusing Casey. Just saying I understand why Ujiri would choose to bring him back (if the rumours are true).
              lol, see I find that contradictory. Based on the agreeing, how can you understand why Ujiri would bring him back? Thinking like an executive, if my coach comes to me and says, "everything that went wrong can be attributed to this one player running the team and ignoring me" - then ok, goodbye. No defence for letting that happen as the coach. And then Lowry is also likely out the door immediately afterwards.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think if Casey is here next year it's only because the raptors couldn't find their next long term coach. If the right coach comes around at any point I doubt Masai would have trouble letting Casey go. It would make no sense to fire him just for the sake of it though, there has to be an upgrade and the upgrade has to be the vision/coach for the future.

To me, that's the only way Casey stays. The organization needs stability, especially with the young players and even if the stability we currently have is sub par.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

MLSE literally owns the media.
                  And that's a HUGE problem. Literally the two largest media companies in Eastern Canada (possibly all of Canada) own the team. Who is going to call them out when an editor is sitting there with a set of rules that all articles and reports must adhere to?

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    I think if Casey is here next year it's only because the raptors couldn't find their next long term coach. If the right coach comes around at any point I doubt Masai would have trouble letting Casey go. It would make no sense to fire him just for the sake of it though, there has to be an upgrade and the upgrade has to be the vision/coach for the future.

To me, that's the only way Casey stays. The organization needs stability, especially with the young players and even if the stability we currently have is sub par.
                    Good point.

2 more losses and Thibodeau becomes available. Something like that could really change things.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      I think if Casey is here next year it's only because the raptors couldn't find their next long term coach. If the right coach comes around at any point I doubt Masai would have trouble letting Casey go. It would make no sense to fire him just for the sake of it though, there has to be an upgrade and the upgrade has to be the vision/coach for the future.

Still don't buy the logic. You don't keep the wrong coach while waiting for the perfect coach, cause it's impossible to tell who is the perfect coach until they are doing the job.

As for stability and the young players, I think it's more important to have a coach who will instill a professionalism and accountability for the young players to follow; otherwise all you are doing to teaching them kids to chuck on O and not play D.

Comment

lol, see I find that contradictory. Based on the agreeing, how can you understand why Ujiri would bring him back? Thinking like an executive, if my coach comes to me and says, "everything that went wrong can be attributed to this one player running the team and ignoring me" - then ok, goodbye. No defence for letting that happen as the coach. And then Lowry is also likely out the door immediately afterwards.
                        The part that I agree with is personally wanting a new coach here.

But if he's back, I get why Ujiri would make that decision.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Lol - wow

Here is the thing though. Many of us still saw this train wreck months in advance and advocated many of the changes that Casey acknowledged today.

But at the end of the day, none of this exists without a fan base and after this season, that fan base, especially in fickle toronto, is likely to get smaller, taking their disposable income with them.
                          Really? You think a 49-win team that has made the playoffs two times in a row will be supported less? Ok, let's assume you're right. Where will the money go?

During the NBA season we have the Leafs and Raptors. We know that the Leafs' rebuild is 3-5 years out. We know they have an established fan base but the "younger generation" of fans support the Raps more - the sport is much more accessible for the average fan than a Leaf game.

So tell me, where will the money go? To the Rock? The Jays in April? you think people will stop going to Raps games because of a sweep? Doubt it. I know their renewal rate is through the roof - I renewed my seats in March and would do so again and again. Fans are not fickle in Toronto - far from it - look how long they have supported the Fucking Leafs.

Comment

The part that I agree with is personally wanting a new coach here.

But if he's back, I get why Ujiri would make that decision.
                            ...and that's where I get lost. Every excuse that Casey threw up, just further demonstrates how awful a coach he is. For me, he went from a moronic strategist with the team support, to a puppet for a player who doesn't like him.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                              Oh, Hey Dwayne Casey! Didn't know you were on Raptors Republic!
                              Hey there ball boy, go sweep the floor and do something useful with your time.

Comment

• Brooklyn and Milwaukee both have done better than us these playoffs, even though we're definitely the better team talent-wise.

It's on Casey.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X