• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    It would take a miracle to win your division and not be top 8
    if any division can do it, it's ours.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      These are the teams I see overtaking the Raptors in standings:

Hawks
      cavs
      Bulls
      Wiz
      Pacers
      Heat
      Bucks (maybe)

This means they could essentially be fighting for the 6th to 8th position. Playoffs are by no means a guarantee.
      lulz, a little early for predictions no? If we were making predictions April 30th last year, we'd be calling for a Miami-Indy repeat conference finals meeting, Cavs fighting for last led by Wiggins or Parker, battling with the Bucks.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        well I see Boston overtaking us next season.
        By the power of Kelly Olynyk? Haha not likely my friend. I think Boston shot themselves in the foot this year, they needed a top 5 pick. If anything they'll regress, they overachieved like a muhfucka
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          By the power of Kelly Olynyk? Haha not likely my friend. I think Boston shot themselves in the foot this year, they needed a top 5 pick. If anything they'll regress, they overachieved like a muhfucka
          With the stack of picks/assets they still have I wouldn't bank on them not getting one until the draft has come and gone

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            are we seriously gonna 3peat as Atlantic Champions? this division...

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              You think this team can make a deep playoff run? I'm not with you.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
              no, but if the goal is to make playoff runs, and the deeper the better, and they think changing the coach can help achieve that, then I think they would take the hit on that 4M. Teams take much bigger hits on players quite often. I don't think the money is a deterrent to getting a new coach if MU wants to, that's all.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                are we seriously gonna 3peat as Atlantic Champions? this division...

And what does that really get us? SFA.

Comment

• If Kevin Ollie is the desired coach by Ujiri, I could see him waiting one more year:

The buyout works as a sliding scale. It reads that Ollie will owe $5 million back to UConn if he takes on another D-I coaching job in the first year of his contract, then $4 million, $3 million and so on. If he leaves for the NBA at any point over the contract, the payback is $5 million, then $4 million in the second year and $1 million in the final three seasons.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...eal-with-uconn
                  Connecticut's Kevin Ollie had negotiated too enormous of a buyout into his contract – $5 million – and that was a non-starter for the Thunder. Ollie had a unique history and connection with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, but Donovan has a longer, sturdier coaching pedigree.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-bil...055815600.html
                  It would be an $8M charge to replace Casey this year - $4M for Casey and then $4M for Ollie's buyout.

Also, interesting the difference in language between his extension in 2012 and his extension in 2014:

2012:

"It's a five-year contract, but I'm looking at it like I can be the coach here for 20-25 years,'' said Ollie, who consistently has called coaching his alma mater his dream job.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-year-contract

2014:

“I'm very pleased that we were able to agree to a new contract and that we'll be able to continue to build upon the success we've had,” Ollie said in a statement. “It's a humbling experience to be around the UConn fans and the UConn family and to know that I am their basketball coach for the foreseeable future. I'm very proud of that. UConn is a place that I love and as I've told everyone throughout the season and through all the recent speculation, this is where my heart is. This is where I wanted to be."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...eal-with-uconn

Maybe the recruiting wears on Ollie knowing the NBA lifestyle well due to being a player?

As much as anything, college coaches leap to the NBA to escape the recruiting cesspool, which is part of Donovan's motivation. As contracts become shorter in the NBA, players are cycling through free agency with greater frequency. Organizations have to sell themselves to an increasingly large pool of midlevel talent that is getting offered similar money everywhere, and the chance to prosper with a particular coach can factor into choices.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-bil...055815600.html
                  Or maybe such contract language as the following wears on him trying to get kids who don't want to be in school or don't have the academic skills to achieve in school to get minimum grades?

If UConn's APR score falls below 930, Ollie will not only be coaching a team not going to the postseason again, but he also will lose two weeks of base salary. Two consecutive years of a sub-930 APR would result in possible termination or, at the very least, a suspension.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-year-contract

Anyways, something to consider as it is May 1st..... 8 weeks to draft! 9 weeks to free agency! 5 months to training camp!!!

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot to finish my thoughts.

So Casey brought back for next season with strict mandate and oversights from Masai.

Option 1: Casey follows through: he is replaced next season regardless.

Option 2: Casey fails and is fired and replaced with an assistant as "interim" head coach.

Then next summer, the coach for the long term is brought in as the team enters free agency looking to attract marquee talent.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri May 1, 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I have a theory.

Masai is peanutwoozle.....ultimate misdirection.
                    When I become GM I'll definitely keep up to date on RR forums. Heck I might even hire a couple of you for my staff!
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      If it were your $4.0M you might sing a different tune.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                      But honestly, yeah. They make about $2M per home playoff game, and that's all p-p-p-profit!
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                        When I become GM I'll definitely keep up to date on RR forums. Heck I might even hire a couple of you for my staff!
                        I've often felt that the Raps GM needs a StoneCutter-esque group of RR posters to help him out.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• "Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? Who holds back the electric car? Weeeee doooo! Weeee doooo!"

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post

Oh! ME ME ME ME!
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Oh! ME ME ME ME!
                              How much do you love ISOs and players who usually make contested long jumpers?

(If your answer is anything other than "a whole lot!" then unfortunately you're just not a good fit for this organization. All the best!)

😂😂

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                If Kevin Ollie is the desired coach by Ujiri, I could see him waiting one more year:

It would be an $8M charge to replace Casey this year - $4M for Casey and then $4M for Ollie's buyout.

Also, interesting the difference in language between his extension in 2012 and his extension in 2014:

2012:

2014:

Maybe the recruiting wears on Ollie knowing the NBA lifestyle well due to being a player?

Or maybe such contract language as the following wears on him trying to get kids who don't want to be in school or don't have the academic skills to achieve in school to get minimum grades?

Anyways, something to consider as it is May 1st..... 8 weeks to draft! 9 weeks to free agency! 5 months to training camp!!!

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot to finish my thoughts.

So Casey brought back for next season with strict mandate and oversights from Masai.

Option 1: Casey follows through: he is replaced next season regardless.

Option 2: Casey fails and is fired and replaced with an assistant as "interim" head coach.

Then next summer, the coach for the long term is brought in as the team enters free agency looking to attract marquee talent.
                                I highly doubt Kevin Ollie is Masai's top target. If Ollie was serious about coaching in the NBA he would have negotiated a buyout like Donovan's, where it was only $500K as long as he was leaving for an NBA job.

Retaining Casey and waiting on Ollie also seems like a plan destined to blow up in your face, and I'd be pissed if that was Masai's plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X