No announcement yet.

Zach Lowe Says Things We Already Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing to consider regarding casey and firing is if masai fires him now, could

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I wonder how many people saying "I won't watch another game with Casey as coach" will be singing the same tune in November, after 6 months of being basketball deprived..
      None.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

That lead to a tip of hand for raptor trade assets?

Masai's middle names are 'maximum' and 'value'

Comment

I wonder how many people saying "I won't watch another game with Casey as coach" will be singing the same tune in November, after 6 months of being basketball deprived..
          I probably watched all or parts of 70-75 games this year. When you have a force multiplier like DC compounding player problems with execution with his naivety at the head coach level, it makes spending significant time supporting this team a fool's errand.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
            There are 29 other teams in the NBA not coached by Casey and potentially a D League team that might not be influenced by him either. There are options.
            I watched this team with Hoffa Araujo, Hedo Turkoglu and Rasual Butler getting major minutes. I can survive Dwane Casey.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Did I lose our PER bet?
              Yeah, just barely. It literally came down to the last game of the season. FWIW Korver had hands-down the better regular season, but the way Smith is playing shows that he isn't done after all.

Comment

I don't know if it's because I'm in an emotionally vulnerable state thanks to the mess we witnessed over the past few months, but I'm somewhat relieved that both Casey and Ujiri, at the very least, were able to identify the issues that plague this team.

But whether the proper moves/changes are made to address these issues, is anyone's guess.

#SilverLining

Comment

It still amazes me that casey didn't try to change his scheme at all with a month or 2 left in the season when it was apparent things had fallen apart. I had people here telling me "its too late to change what was drilled in all season" but zach lowe seems to agree with me, better to try and adjust on the fly and fail then stick with what's guaranteed to fail.

Casey is either too dumb or too stubborn to admit his genius schemes are easily exploitable in todays nba with the athleticism and stretch shooting. It only worked to beat miami because they had shitty pgs, wade didn't shoot 3s and bosh wasn't a stretch 4 yet at the time.
                  It's a weird thing for him to say. He goes from looking like an oblivious coach that couldn't see what he should be doing to an incompetent coach that could see what he should be doing but he just couldn't do it?

It's also really weird to hear him echo so many of the observations and criticisms made on these message boards by a bunch of stupid fans who can't say sht about basketball because we're not NBA coaches. Such an extreme coincidence that our idiotic and baseless ramblings happened to be the exact same things the professional coach stated in his exit view. I mean what are the chances?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I don't know if it's because I'm in an emotionally vulnerable state thanks to the mess we witnessed over the past few months, but I'm somewhat relieved that both Casey and Ujiri, at the very least, were able to identify the issues that plague this team.

But whether the proper moves/changes are made to address these issues, is anyone's guess.

#SilverLining
                    You're an exemplary Raptors fan modelling an excellent coping strategy as you process another disappointing season. Keep building on this for the next few months and we'll be ready to wear our Bargnani jerseys on opening night! I want Pizza Pizza!!
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      It's a weird thing for him to say. He goes from looking like an oblivious coach that couldn't see what he should be doing to an incompetent coach that could see what he should be doing but he just couldn't do it?

It's also really weird to hear him echo so many of the observations and criticisms made on these message boards by a bunch of stupid fans who can't say sht about basketball because we're not NBA coaches. Such an extreme coincidence that our idiotic and baseless ramblings happened to be the exact same things the professional coach stated in his exit view. I mean what are the chances?
                      It's almost like he's so stubborn that he didn't want to go with bloggers opinions mid season. Seriously.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Nilanka wrote: View Post

Contrition is one of the most effective forms of damage control. It's much harder to be angry at someone who says they're sorry and they understand your concerns.

There is a really effective media strategy in place, and it started with Masai massaging expectations downwards a few weeks ago, and was bookended by the positive news about the D-League approval.

It's sort of amazing to me that people came away from the Masai exit interview so sanguine given that he said absolutely nothing of substance. Hopefully we get a chance to judge the front office based on actual actions this summer instead of a few well-meant mea culpas.

Comment

In the business world at least "exit interviews" are typically done when someone leaves the organization. Whether leaving for another position or leaving because they have been dismissed with pay / business has restructured.

I sincerely hope this is that type of exit interview where DC is concerned. Valuable information could be garnered in the short run, but ultimately he ought to be fired with pay.

Comment

DeMar DeRozan is basically a random points generator
                            made me laugh but it's so true
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the raps got exposed on that pick and roll for the entire last half of the season and casey did fuck all to fix it

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I also agree.

Unless the first choice is a currently employed coach rumoured to be available soon.
                                Why do you need to fire the current coach in order to start looking for a new one?
                                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X