2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Is it because we traded GV that all these Lou Will signing ideas are coming up? Give your heads a shake!

We are going to split the cap space between a small forward and a power forward. The rest of the roster is then filled with veteran mins. That's it. There's no room at the inn for Lou and the 10 mill or so he's going to command.
    Agree 100%. Lou will go to the Knicks Lakers or Indiana or some other team. Masai won't resign him. I think a trade for Wilson Chandler is possible, say something like Ross and the 1st from the Clippers for him. If not, offer max contracts to the top RFAs and see what happens. If you get a chance at landing Kawhi, Butler, Green, Middleton or Harris I think you do it, no matter how slim the chances are. The max salary will be considered a steal when the cap jumps.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• also, i hope MU trades for Terrence Jones
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I like the Harris/West combo in this free agency. We get a risky due to his ball-hogging, but potentially very rewarding young man in Harris, and that veteran experience in West if we can get him cheap. It's a good bet on the future and West will certainly help to develop toughness.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Wolstat tweeted something to the effect that what DD is asking for his next contract is absurd and the raps should trade him now

Now im not a huge Wolstat fan but he definitely has a closer ear to the organization than most so when he says something like that it's something. i'm guessing (HOPING!) DD gets flipped in the offseason.
          This was why I wanted to trade him.

There was always going to be a disconnect there (even moreso with the cap going up). Despite that, I don't think Wolstat should have said anything about it until after DD is traded.

Hope we pick up Harris (I don't think Orlando retains him given who they drafted) and a decent PF to compliment JV (actually think bringing back Ed Davis would be a good idea or West if we can him for cheap...which I also doubt ... if we can't pick up someone like Monroe).
          Last edited by Just Is; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 12:46 PM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
            I like the Harris/West combo in this free agency. We get a risky due to his ball-hogging, but potentially very rewarding young man in Harris, and that veteran experience in West if we can get him cheap. It's a good bet on the future and West will certainly help to develop toughness.
            Harris is a poor defender, I'd rather go gangbusters after a guy like Middleton and just throw offers at butler and Kawhi knowing you probably won't get them.
            Because its 2015

Comment

• in my humblest of opinions i think MU will continue to gut the roster and move guys. JJ and DD are the next targets, i'm guessing. DD needs to go for obvious reasons and Casey doesn't play JJ so whats the point of having him?

i don't expect any of the FA's back. i hope none of them are back, with the exception of Amir as a bench big but i don't think he'll settle for that, nor the pay he'd be looking at. too bad.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like the Harris/West combo in this free agency. We get a risky due to his ball-hogging, but potentially very rewarding young man in Harris, and that veteran experience in West if we can get him cheap. It's a good bet on the future and West will certainly help to develop toughness.
                I like it. Also, West/Carroll would be tough as nails. Additionally, with West's leadership in the fold we could go for someone like Gerald Green, who doesn't get mentioned much, but would be quite a bit cheaper. Or maybe you stick with vets and bring in Dunleavy. With someone like these, you'd have a bit of room left to add Dorrell Wright as well - then you'd actually have two 3s that can shoot, on top of the youngins.

Comment

in my humblest of opinions i think MU will continue to gut the roster and move guys. JJ and DD are the next targets, i'm guessing. DD needs to go for obvious reasons and Casey doesn't play JJ so whats the point of having him?

i don't expect any of the FA's back. i hope none of them are back, with the exception of Amir as a bench big but i don't think he'll settle for that, nor the pay he'd be looking at. too bad.
                  DD for Monta?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    DD for Monta?
                    he's a FA

BUT i do know what you're doing here and NO
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wolstat tweeted something to the effect that what DD is asking for his next contract is absurd and the raps should trade him now

Now im not a huge Wolstat fan but he definitely has a closer ear to the organization than most so when he says something like that it's something. i'm guessing (HOPING!) DD gets flipped in the offseason.
                      I can't find the tweet.

Can you post?

Comment

in my humblest of opinions i think MU will continue to gut the roster and move guys. JJ and DD are the next targets, i'm guessing. DD needs to go for obvious reasons and Casey doesn't play JJ so whats the point of having him?

JJ only makes $2.5M so what's the point of getting rid of him? (never plays = doesn't play as much as I'd like).

And yeah, if DD is expecting a close to full max contract then I'm sure MU will know what he has to do.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I can't find the tweet.

Can you post?

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Harris is a poor defender, I'd rather go gangbusters after a guy like Middleton and just throw offers at butler and Kawhi knowing you probably won't get them.
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              JJ only makes $2.5M so what's the point of getting rid of him? (never plays /= doesn't play as much as I'd like).

And yeah, if DD is expecting a close to full max contract then I'm sure MU will know what he has to do.
                              because you could use that money on someone who will

listen, i like JJ. i'm just saying Casey doesn't so what's the point?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X