No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get why people are against Harris.

He's two years younger than Ross and is a lot better. He's only going to improve.

We can't focus on unrealistic targets like Aldridge, or bad targets like Jordan (I agree with Scraptor above).

Harris is someone who will fit in this team, who is young and improving, and realistic to try and go after. Go for it. We're not going to get a top tier FA, but we can get a good second tier FA such as Harris or Millsap.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I dont get why people want lou back to fit with wright. If you draft a pass first high iq pg wouldnt it make sense that you want catch and shoot players around him, aka not lou?

Anyone else get angry in caseys post draft press conference when he said that wright fit well because the team needed his perimeter defense? The dude played 3 guards (two generally bad defenders) at a time and got on jv for the weak defense all year.

Final question, the max is intended for great players right? Not just above average starters. Man even if you get middleton, your future looks pretty bleak in a few years. Resign jv next year with dd and you are slightly less as medicore than we are now, with little cap flexibility.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I dont get why people want lou back to fit with wright. If you draft a pass first high iq pg wouldnt it make sense that you want catch and shoot players around him, aka not lou?

Anyone else get angry in caseys post draft press conference when he said that wright fit well because the team needed his perimeter defense? The dude played 3 guards (two generally bad defenders) at a time and got on jv for the weak defense all year.

Final question, the max is intended for great players right? Not just above average starters. Man even if you get middleton, your future looks pretty bleak in a few years. Resign jv next year with dd and you are slightly less as medicore than we are now, with little cap flexibility.
        Casey doesn't give a shit about defense regardless of what he says. Actions speak louder than words. If he really was a defensive coach he'd never play Lou, Lowry, GV together. There's absolutely zero reason for that to ever happen but it does because Casey values ball handling and shooting over everything.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Yes, I'm going to tell you we shouldn't go after DeAndre Jordan.

If you think DeAndre Jordan is the missing piece I'm not sure what to tell you. The guy has no offense and his defense is overrated. Paying $20mm a year for rebounding is just a bad decision.

As for going after the best players in free agency, once you make one offer you have to wait on a decision. I don't disagree with the philosophy, but you also have to pitch players who have a reasonable amount of interest, or else by the time you are rejected you will have missed out on actually attainable targets.
          DJ is top 5 most overrated players in the league.

If he was such an amazing defensive Anchor why are the Clippers ranked 16th last year on defense? He even has one of the best defensive pgs on the perimeter and Matt Barnes on the wing who's a solid defender.

Comment

I dont get why people want lou back to fit with wright. If you draft a pass first high iq pg wouldnt it make sense that you want catch and shoot players around him, aka not lou?

For me it is because Lou is a very good 6th man. Not necessarily because I want him paired with Wright but because I think, at the right price, he is a good piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              For me it is because Lou is a very good 6th man. Not necessarily because I want him paired with Wright but because I think, at the right price, he is a good piece of the puzzle.
              Fair enough, cause it seems like the bench unit typically is just be about manufacturing points however possibiliy anyways. I guess im still trying to figure out the wright pick, cause it seems like masai was so high on him and wouldnt taken him regardless of the gv trade.

Comment

Fair enough, cause it seems like the bench unit typically is just be about manufacturing points however possibiliy anyways. I guess im still trying to figure out the wright pick, cause it seems like masai was so high on him and wouldnt taken him regardless of the gv trade.
                MU would've taken Wright and then traded GV later on in the summer. I don't think MU was gonna draft a 23 year old to be a 3rd stringer behind GV and Lowry.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                  I don't get why people are against Harris.

He's two years younger than Ross and is a lot better. He's only going to improve.

We can't focus on unrealistic targets like Aldridge, or bad targets like Jordan (I agree with Scraptor above).

Harris is someone who will fit in this team, who is young and improving, and realistic to try and go after. Go for it. We're not going to get a top tier FA, but we can get a good second tier FA such as Harris or Millsap.

Comment

Spot the odd man out.

Comment

The max is very different this year. Because a max contract handed out this year is going to be significantly less than a max to the same player next year. So there's the possibility that a max contract to a player this summer is actually going to seem like a bargain in a couple years. But the other aspect is that with the big increase next summer, there are probably a lot of GMs who feel like they can take on a big contract this year and then get some cap relief to retool the rest of their roster next summer. So there may be a lot of above average starters getting max deals this summer.

Comment

• Favors for DD not going to cut it.

But Bledsoe is constantly mentioned of late as being shopped in PHX.

Utah: Bledsoe, JJ
                        Phoenix: DD, Burke
                        Toronto: Favors

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=owess3t

Comment

• we need to somehow get Favours I don't care how

Comment

• TacoHD wrote: View Post
                            we need to somehow get Favours I don't care how
                            Yes but your Shaq head is disturbing.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              I don't get why people are against Harris.

Because he's an injury prone player who started playing defense in his contract year. His offense is ok, especially if he keeps shooting 3s at a decent rate, but it's not spectacular. Some people want to throw max at him, 17 mil a year, which to me is just very high risk, low reward move.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Because he's an injury prone player who started playing defense in his contract year. His offense is ok, especially if he keeps shooting 3s at a decent rate, but it's not spectacular. Some people want to throw max at him, 17 mil a year, which to me is just very high risk, low reward move.
                                You know he was just 22 in his contract year?

Comment

Working...
                                X