2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
    Don't we have the bird rights to Amir, i feel he could be perfect backing up jonas/be the fourth big
    Bird rights have to be renounced to sign a max free agent like LMA.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Cap hold for Nando is 1.9M. It was already on the books, the QO doesn't change that. Whether we extended the QO or not, we were going to have to waive his rights to get the cap numbers I've been using. So this changes nothing, except to make sure he doesn't bolt to another team until we are sure we want to waive his rights.
      You can extend the QO but still waive his rights? He's good value at a 1.9 mill cap hold.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

hurts so much.
        Exactly what I was thinking.

This is all about calling in a favour to get some headlines/mentions and change some perception.

.....Nothing wrong with it either.

Comment

• Seriously, you get a chance at Aldridge you jump all over it.

23 and 10 in just under 36 minutes, on .528 TS% and 35% from 3, .165 WS/48 and a 23 PER. To top it off an above average DRPM and a great ORPM makes him a top 25 player in the league in impact stats. Then factor in that his 19M per year will end up looking like about 14M per year under the higher cap and you pitch him as hard as you can.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            He is a better shooter then DD
            He averaged 13/4/4 on 42% shooting in a league worse than the nba. He is not better than derozan.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              You can extend the QO but still waive his rights? He's good value at a 1.9 mill cap hold.
              When you waive his rights you would withdraw the QO.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Bird rights have to be renounced to sign a max free agent like LMA.
                Shit my bad. I forgot
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                  I like the kid and I hope we get him for Masai's long term plans. I hope Masai gives him like 5 mil/4-5 years if he'd be willing to do that.
                  We can only offer him 4 years not 5 since we don't have bird rights. But I agree, 4 years $4M per for Aminu would lock up our backup SF position long term with a versatile defensive stopper. If he can get his 3pt% above 30% he becomes a fringe starter, and he played well in the playoffs unlike our entire team. JJ becomes trade bait and he should be a decently tradeable piece on his cheap one year deal. I guess the main takeaway from our interest in Aminu is JJ's days in Toronto are numbered.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Inexperience and immaturity were part of his problem and they appeared to be gone. If JJ got a second chance then why not Weems?
                    He could pull a PJ Tucker. I'd be down if we dump JJ or T Ross

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Exactly what I was thinking.

This is all about calling in a favour to get some headlines/mentions and change some perception.

.....Nothing wrong with it either.
                      I dunno...have some faith.

After all - Lieweke's still around. This is the kind of thing he makes happen.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• offer Aldridge a max deal and don't even think twice about it. There is no discussion to be had here.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

When you waive his rights you would withdraw the QO.
                          Gotcha. I predict we'll end up hanging onto his rights though.

Comment

• It makes sense for LMA to consider us. We're more roster-ready to compete than many of the other teams that can afford him. Say what you will but we'd basically have 4 allstar calibre starters, allowing for Jonas to up his minutes and production.

What's the current max again?

Comment

• Aldridge is such an underrated fit. That signing would make us contenders. Especially if we get LA (not holding my breathe, though) and re-sign Amir to a small contract (get him to buy into a winning team).

Comment

If we are trading Lowry to the Kings, we are getting McLemore, Cauley-Stein AND Stauskas, or we're hanging up the phone.
                                This is the best deal Sacramento can muster, and it's still a smelly shit sandwich. The one top 10 draft pick I have no interest in, and two players who have been massive disappointments thus far in their NBA career. Lowry has been a top 30 NBA player for two years straight, I'd want a much better return than that if we're going to deal him. Honestly, I wouldn't even be crazy about that return for Derozan.

Comment

Working...
                                X