Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    San Antonio less money
    Portland most money, tired of losing in west?
    Dallas no taxes, hometown, skeleton roster
    Houston no taxes, 2 other superstars, they have some cap clearing to do
    New York lol
    Boston no true C, no all-star on roster

When it comes down to money and chance to win, Toronto is his best shot in the east.

It might not be a total waste of time after all.
    "New York lol"

i love how there really isn't more to be said, haha.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Have you ever heard other wise?
      Yeah. When Lowry threw him under the bus at the exit meetings.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• More Demar trade news: The Raptors may elect to put G DeMar DeRozan on the trade block to avoid maxing him out next summer, via the Toronto Sun

Comment

San Antonio less money
          New York lol

When it comes down to money and chance to win, Toronto is his best shot in the east.

San Antonio could probably clear enough space. They have no tax also. They need to re-sign a bunch of guys, so it depends on how much money does Danny Green command, how much of a discount their older star guys will give them this time.

It's feasible. I love his fit there, I think it's the best situation of him. IF they could somehow add LaMarcus without moving Splitter, I think that LaMarcus / Splitter combo would be fun to watch defensively, since they both can defend both real big men and various stretch 4s and tweeners. The most defensively versatile big men combo in the league. Imagine what Pops could do with that. Plus Duncan in the rotation too. Plus Kawhi and Danny Green, capable of guarding multiple positions. They could kill small ball teams both offensively and defensively. They could be GSW antidote with that.

My second option if I'm LaMarcus would be Toronto, because it's an easier conference, overall young-ish team. And there's no real downside if he's doing a 1+1 year deal. If Toronto doesn't work out for him, he can go form the new big 3 with Durant or whatever next year in some place.

Comment

San Antonio less money
            New York lol

Best shot in the East but not the league. We definitely have things going for us but I just feel he would rather play for one of the Texas teams
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              San Antonio could probably clear enough space. They have no tax also. They need to re-sign a bunch of guys, so it depends on how much money does Danny Green command, how much of a discount their older star guys will give them this time.

It's feasible. I love his fit there, I think it's the best situation of him. IF they could somehow add LaMarcus without moving Splitter, I think that LaMarcus / Splitter combo would be fun to watch defensively, since they both can defend both real big men and various stretch 4s and tweeners. The most defensively versatile big men combo in the league. Imagine what Pops could do with that. Plus Duncan in the rotation too. Plus Kawhi and Danny Green, capable of guarding multiple positions. They could kill small ball teams both offensively and defensively. They could be GSW antidote with that.

My second option if I'm LaMarcus would be Toronto, because it's an easier conference, overall young-ish team. And there's no real downside if he's doing a 1+1 year deal. If Toronto doesn't work out for him, he can go form the new big 3 with Durant or whatever next year in some place.
              Yea one of those Texas teams will figure something out
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Yeah. When Lowry threw him under the bus at the exit meetings.
                Lowry the guy whose never got a long with any NBA coach?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If we do sign Aldridge, who else can we sign? Are bench will get much weaker.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Best shot in the East but not the league. We definitely have things going for us but I just feel he would rather play for one of the Texas teams
                    I don't think Dallas is a good option.

Houston and San Antonio are.

He won't be the man on either team.

He'll still be in the west.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                      If we do sign Aldridge, who else can we sign? Are bench will get much weaker.
                      They'd have about $3-4m left in cap space.
                      They'd have top up exception.
                      They'd have minimum contracts.

Most importantly, they'd have trades.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Lowry the guy whose never got a long with any NBA coach?
                        Because of playing time, which hasn't been a problem at all the past two years.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Houston does not have the money and he will not be the man. It is a bad option for him.

Lakers are not into him as much anymore given their young core and his age.

SA is a GREAT fit for him and he loves the coach.

Dalls is after him as well but he knows he will not get anywhere with them.

He also knows that in East his job will be much easier. Toronto is a perfect fit for him.

He will be the #1 option on the offence and the main guy.
                          Lowry and JV are great #3 in the team.
                          DD is on the verge of making the transition from #3 to #2 type player.

So MU needs to go to work and make this happen and be a great sale man and sell this image to him.

Comment

• Masai Uhearme wrote: View Post
                            More Demar trade news: The Raptors may elect to put G DeMar DeRozan on the trade block to avoid maxing him out next summer, via the Toronto Sun
                            You have a source for that or are you talking about the "whisper" story from a day or two ago?

Comment

• Toronto IS a good basketball fit for Aldridge. Second-best to SAS, because of all reasons cited before, easier trip to Finals, team with space and playoff quality, he would be the man, etc, etc. Plus, even if this team does not suffice to make the Finals in 2015/2016, with the cap set to jump in the following season, a core of KL, DD, LMA and JV could certainly land what would probably be their "last needs" to make a title run. Which I would imagine it to be shooting and defence from the wing, because right now only Lowry and Ross (who just should not be a starter) would be realistic threats from the 3pt line in starting line-up, and the DD+LMA mid-range thing can be indeed a problem. But it should not be hard to sort it out with the cap jump. And even if DD and LMA probably aren't the best of fits on offence (barring DeMar working on his 3pt stroke to respectable levels), on sheer quality alone, KL, DD, LMA and JV have a shot at the Finals.

Comment

• Lol there's really no point discussing it ad nauseum. He's a great player, no matter what you think of "midrange shooting" ,"fit" or what have you we'd be a better team with him. However, our discussions only serve to convince/argue with ourselves... Because in the long run, it won't make a difference to the teams pitch or his ideas. (I get its a forum but it seems we're all hitting the same keys here)

Side note, although we can offer him the max, his take home will be nowhere near what it'd be in Texas. I believe it's be something like $13-14 on an 18 million contract (it's actually probably less)
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X