2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Why does everyone think DD can "become" efficient? Because he'll have an all star beside him? He's only gotten worse since Lowry got here.
    By eliminating the part of his game that is inefficient. It's not that he'll become efficient, it's that you don't let him take those shots and make him play the game you want him to play. If Aldridge is here and DD is allowed to keep gunning then it will fail and DD will continue being who he is. I just think he can adapt his game, eternally hopeful

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Fit, role and opportunity DO matter in the NBA.

Many people here likely would've said Lance Stephenson was better than DeMar last season on the Pacers. His role and fit on that team allowed him to maximize his productivity. Put the same player on the Hornets and look at what happens?

Everyone here agrees for the most part that DD is not a #1 option on a championship-contending team. Why then do we not take into consideration the fact that his overstretched role may be negatively affecting his efficiency?

Is it so crazy to assume that if DD played next to a legit #1, his TS% could jump from the 52-53 range to an efficient 55-56% range? That he could be more productive for the team? Idk why people act like this is such a farfetched concept.

(For the record I was joking about the not wanting Aldridge post above, was an homage to the tear-it-down-and-tank-at-all-costs crew. If Aldridge wants to come here you throw him a max right away).
      So you're saying he is a bench player?

I've been saying that for a lot longer

Not happening here in TO tho.

DD is not and will never be good beside a #1 option in a starting lineup.

Comment

Why does everyone think DD can "become" efficient? Because he'll have an all star beside him? He's only gotten worse since Lowry got here.
        DD was efficient before (in both college and the NBA) so a reduced role beside a big time scorer should help in that area (Lowry was neither a big time scorer or an allstar before making his way into Toronto).

Comment

• I hope DD's ego can take a backseat as a #2 scoring option with LMA as #1 on the Raps
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I actually believe he will become more efficient.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No interest in Aldridge.

Would rather move DD for Vonleh, swap Lowry for Stauskas+McLemore and finally get the tank rolling in TDot. 3 years from now Vonleh becomes Love/Bosh with Ibaka-like defense, Stauskas becomes Klay, JV becomes Marc Gasol and McLemore becomes a shorter Paul George. See Wright developing into a middle-class man's John Wall with his size, athleticism and defensive savvy.

Wall
              Klay
              George
              Love (with D)
              Gasol

Would way rather have that than throwing all my money at LMA just to get to the 2nd round.
              What is the point of baiting people who disagree with you? Accept that people have a different opinion on strategy and don't go out of your way to push their buttons. This goes for pro-tankers too.

Comment

Lowry is not a legit #1 option. He does not draw a double and defenses do not build their gameplan around stopping him. If we want to sit here and pretend that, then cool, but it won't lead to a very productive debate.

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                So you're saying he is a bench player?

I've been saying that for a lot longer

Not happening here in TO tho.

DD is not and will never be good beside a #1 option in a starting lineup.
                I did not say he's a bench player anywhere in there, please learn how to read. I said he's not a #1 option on a championship contending team, last I checked there are 5 players on the court for one team at a time, so you don't automatically get benched if you aren't a #1 guy.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                  I hope DD's ego can take a backseat as a #2 scoring option with LMA as #1 on the Raps
                  I want to see DD not be a scoring option. Run an offense, play defense, bring a solid all around approach to the game. I don't like scoring DD

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    What is the point of baiting people who disagree with you? Accept that people have a different opinion on strategy and don't go out of your way to push their buttons. This goes for pro-tankers too.
                    I'll admit that wasn't a good or productive post on my part. Just a lapse in good judgement.

Comment

• honestly i dont see dd becoming a good 2-3 option with a guy like la. Dd isnt a good defender and isnt a particularly good facilitator. I dont see him changing his whole game to fit in like some are suggesting.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                        I hope DD's ego can take a backseat as a #2 scoring option with LMA as #1 on the Raps
                        I don't understand this idea that DeRozan has a huge ego... Is it just because he said he's comfortable taking contested shots or even prefers them? That's just something NBA players say to hype themselves up. You have to have a certain level of confidence to be a good player at this level.

I'd wager that if you put a legit #1 option here, DeRozan would have no problem taking a backseat to him.

Comment

• I want to see Demar on another team.

Comment

• IMO, if we have the chance to have a team composed of Lowry/DeMar/Ross/LA/JV, we just can't be against that. It's just too good of a chance. We at least have to try it. Plus if we have PPat, JJ and De Colo coming off the bench, man, this team could be really good.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              IMO, if we have the chance to have a team composed of Lowry/DeMar/Ross/LA/JV, we just can't be against that. It's just too good of a chance. We at least have to try it. Plus if we have PPat, JJ and De Colo coming off the bench, man, this team could be really good.
                              Not enough "ball" to go around to Lowry+DD+LA

One HAS to go

Comment

I don't understand this idea that DeRozan has a huge ego... Is it just because he said he's comfortable taking contested shots or even prefers them? That's just something NBA players say to hype themselves up. You have to have a certain level of confidence to be a good player at this level.

I'd wager that if you put a legit #1 option here, DeRozan would have no problem taking a backseat to him.
                                I agree that you have to have confidence in yourself to take any kind of shot. To want to shoot the ball in any situation. However anyway you look at it, and the statistics don't lie, but contested shot's success rate are always going to be lower than an open shot. But i wasn't trying to say that.

I was suggesting that when you are the primary option as a scorer on a team, it's difficult to take a lesser role when scoring. Just look at when Andre miller after leading the Nuggets for so long was told to come off the bench. There was a mental effect on him. It didn't sit well with him and he eventually asked to be traded. Now i'm not suggesting Derozan is going to ask to be traded but its going to affect him a little mentally if LMA chooses to come to Toronto. Although this possibility is still unlikely to me.
                                Last edited by BS10; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 08:58 PM.
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X