2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    I think we will end up getting Tobias Harris. He will agree to signing with us and we will do a sign and trade including Ross and a 1st rounder
    It wont happen Magic will match any offer for him. I like Harris, hes the perfect player for Caseys "Small ball" philosophy.
    Last edited by Masai Uhearme; Fri Jul 3, 2015, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Anyone post this yet?

The Heat and free agent guard Lou Williams (the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year) have mutual interest, according to someone with direct knowledge, but this would require a sign-and-trade with Toronto because Williams will command more than the taxpayer’s midlevel.

Other teams also are interested in Williams, who averaged 15.5 points last season, and I have no indication of any ongoing sign-and-trade discussions on this front
      http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...dolphins-.html

Any players of interest from the Heat?

I like McBob but the only thing he does is get assists. Definitely not a starter. Birdman is old. So is U, and I doubt they move him. I don't see how this happens to be honest. They have some interesting wings like James Ennis and the other Dragic brother, but the only players they seem to be offering in trades (according to rumors) are Birdman (old), and Chalmers (HELL NO).

Thoughts?

Comment

• Mcroberts also gives lebron crazy good clotheslines

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Anyone post this yet?

I like McBob but the only thing he does is get assists. Definitely not a starter. Birdman is old. So is U, and I doubt they move him. I don't see how this happens to be honest. They have some interesting wings like James Ennis and the other Dragic brother, but the only players they seem to be offering in trades (according to rumors) are Birdman (old), and Chalmers (HELL NO).

Thoughts?
          We certainly could use some play making in the line-up. While McBob doesn't fix our rebounding (perhaps slightly better than PP but not much), he would definitely help us move the ball better and open up the offence a bit.

If we can't find a true PF to rebound (if we are going all-in as it seems, acquiring David Lee makes the most sense to me), then adding a play maker is a good alternative. Ideally, since both would be coming via trade, it'd do both deals.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Greivis
            Middleton
            Jabari
            The Greek
            Monroe / Henson

Fun team, everyone's 6'6 or taller, two solid shooters in the backcourt, a lot of athleticism, a lot of versatile defenders. I think Greivis and Monroe can be hidden here. They need Jabari / Greek to become better shooters, but otherwise, this team could be special very soon.
            MCW starts over Vasquez, I think, and Jabari plays stretch 4 against smaller lineups, but yeah that is a ton of young talent stacked over there. They might make some noise in the playoffs if Monroe can mesh/play good D.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              MCW starts over Vasquez, I think, and Jabari plays stretch 4 against smaller lineups, but yeah that is a ton of young talent stacked over there. They might make some noise in the playoffs if Monroe can mesh/play good D.
              I don't even think Monroe needs to play that good of D for Milwaukee to make noise. They had a great D but no O last year. Monroe gives them that guy who can score on his own, and his passing should help Jabari develop. With the length they have, they should be able to off-set Monroe's defensive short comings.

GV is definitely a back-up for them though.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                I don't even think Monroe needs to play that good of D for Milwaukee to make noise. They had a great D but no O last year. Monroe gives them that guy who can score on his own, and his passing should help Jabari develop. With the length they have, they should be able to off-set Monroe's defensive short comings.

GV is definitely a back-up for them though.
                I was just thinking about how slow Monroe is, but you're probably right. Pretty hard to be a downgrade from the minutes he's replacing for Pachulia/Ilyasova.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  we probably doomed ourselves to years of treadmill. oh well
                  There's always a bright side. #halfempty

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    There's always a bright side. #halfempty
                    A treadmill team doesnt have four picks in the next two drafts, a couple pretty good prospects on the team already and plenty of cap space through the next few years.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Thoughts?
                      We don't need McBob - 2Pat and he duplicate a lot of one another's skillsets - but McBob is the sort of player who would attract attention around the league and could thus generate a three-way deal of some kind, with Lou signing with the Heat, McBon moving to a third team and us getting assets from the third team.

Comment

Anyone post this yet?

Thoughts?
                        What about sweet lou + 2 first round draft picks for winslow + a contract they don't want to keep

a man can dream.

Comment

• is there any chance we can get d west for just a 1 year?

Comment

• Miami is not gonna give up Winslow for Lou Will in a sign and trade.

This is Pat Riley we're talking about here. Dude went to the same school of fleecing that Masai went to and graduated about 15 years before he did.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                              is there any chance we can get d west for just a 1 year?

Comment

Anyone post this yet?

Thoughts?
                                I think Deng would be available if the numbers work, but I'd say no. Maybe as a one year rental, like Lou was. If Raptors want to play small ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Working...
                                X