2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    If mu proposed to wes a small all lineup is there any chance that the plan is to take the same starting lineup from last year and add in carroll at the 4?
    I dont like that idea but given the plan earlier in the off season...

Comment

• having better defenders around James Johnson will actually make him a much better defender. He was overhelping like crazy last year because nobody on our team can stay in front of anyone on any team
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Said this before but McBob would fit nicely

Comment

• With respect to trading picks for a PF: I don't think it's going to happen. I do think we trade for a starting power forward. I just don't think we trade a pick for one.

Masai, more than anything, is about asset accumulation, and he probably knows what is obvious at this point: the value of a first-round pick is never higher than on draft night, when the picks stop being abstract thoughts and start being actual, concrete players. Greivis Vasquez wouldn't have been worth a pick on draft night 2015, but he was worth a pick for draft night 2015-plus-two-years because the further away a pick the less teams will value it, because most GMs aren't going to worry about three years from now because their jobs aren't that secure. (RC Buford, who basically has a job for life, practically never trades draft picks, even though the Spurs picks are always late.)

On top of that, Denver has made clear that Faried (and Ty Lawson) have extremely high prices attached to them. If Masai wants Faried, he knows he'll have to pay through the nose to get him, and that just isn't Masai's style.

I think Masai goes one of four ways for his starting power forward. In order of likeliness:

1. He buys low on Anthony Bennett, who he can get for basically nothing and possible even gets paid a second-rounder or something from Minnesota just so they can get some cap space or just avoid paying him nine mill this year.

2. He trades for the rights to Trey Lyles from Utah, probably by offering them Ross and Johnson, and/or possibly Bebe.

3. He trades for Nene from Washington. Expensive contract, but Washington wants to lose the money and they'd take Ross and Johnson for him, and maybe even send us a pick in the bargain.

4. He trades Kyle Lowry to Utah for Derrick Favors and other assets. Favors is excellent and I don't think he's gettable - but if he is, Lowry gets him.

Comment

• So will this be our final roster for the 2015/16 season?

JV/Biyombo
            2pat/JJ
            Caroll/Ross
            DD/Cojo
            KL/Wright

Our starting line up looks a lot more balanced now with 2pat at the 4 but we still may have some rebounding issues.

Our 2nd unit is a major defensive juggernaught but is lacking in 3 pt shooters and I hope CoJo starts working on his 3's, and same with JJ + Wright. Like immediately.

I'm proud of this team on the paper, hopefully they'll translate onto the court. Otherwise, our team is looking real good right about now.
            Last edited by BS10; Sun Jul 5, 2015, 11:42 PM.
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Said this before but McBob would fit nicely
              Absolutely.

Gibson still seems like a legitimate option as well. Gibson is pretty much a more skilled Amir Johnson, ankles and all. Nonetheless, If Masai brings in Gibson, he would be a quality PF who hits the boards hard and plays very good defense.

Masai is on a roll, lets see what he does next.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                So will this be our final roster for the 2015/16 season?

JV/Biyombo
                2pat/JJ
                Caroll/Ross
                DD/Cojo
                KL/Wright

Our 2nd unit a major defensive juggernaught but is lacking in 3 pt shooters and I hope CoJo starts working on his 3's, and same with JJ + Wright. Like immediately. I'm proud of this team on the paper, hopefully they'll translate onto the court.
                Otherwise, our team looks great right now.
                You know what, I scared our rotation will actually look like

Jv/biyombo
                Carrol/2pat
                Ross/JJ
                Demar/cojo
                Kl/wright
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Cool. We got Joseph. This was going to be the summer Masai made moves, and he has so far.

Vasquez, Lou, Amir, Hands Bro (maybe) gone. Wright, Powell, Carroll, Biyombo, Joseph in.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    seems on the high side for backup. lin may be the Mavs starter and hell make much less. reverse hometwon discount
                    Lin is pretty much a finished product. CoJo is still young & getting better.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      having better defenders around James Johnson will actually make him a much better defender. He was over-helping like crazy last year because nobody on our team can stay in front of anyone on any team
                      This is what I was thinking. He was continually over-helping & gambling because he knew the rest of team's strengths & weaknesses.

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                        Absolutely.

Gibson still seems like a legitimate option as well. Gibson is pretty much a more skilled Amir Johnson, ankles and all. Nonetheless, If Masai brings in Gibson, he would be a quality PF who hits the boards hard and plays very good defense.

Masai is on a roll, lets see what he does next.
                        Gibson for T Ross & Ridnour (so Bulls can waive him & save $$$$) would be a dream (throw in Clippers pick if needed).
                        (I just't know if Bulls want to face that Raps team & I'm not kidding. Legit 3 team race in the East).

Comment

• Wright-Joseph-Ross-JJ-Biyombo is a HUGE defensive upgrade over GV-Lou-JJ (when he played)-2Pat-Hands Bro

Of course, moves still could be made but Masai is really upping the defence with the bench and Carroll.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• We have between 0 and 4.1M in cap space depending on contract structure and whether the cap is 67/69.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
                              You know what, I scared our rotation will actually look like

Jv/biyombo
                              Carrol/2pat
                              Ross/JJ
                              Demar/cojo
                              Kl/wright
                              Haha, I don't think thats entirely bad and its possible Casey does that. He has a knack for screwing up good things.
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                We have between 0 and 4.1M in cap space depending on contract structure and whether the cap is 67/69.
                                Could we go for Jordan Hill? If we are using PP as a starting 4... it wouldn't hurt to go after him.

Comment

Working...
                                X