2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
    That's it's own kind of sadness, though. That's like saying: "I want it, but I need a fantastic team around me because I've never been good enough". Sure, it's noble and admirable to take that much of a pay cut and a ego check, but there is that sadness, IMO.
    No one is good enough to do it on their own. It's only sad for Indiana and their fans that one of their better players gave up $11M to leave their shit show behind. Only 2 years removed from the ECF. Harsh.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      He wasn't used there last season for the same reasons he couldn't get on the floor in Chicago and lost his spot in Memphis to the corpse of Tayshaun Prince. Every coach raves about his game and his work on the floor but, surprisingly, he can't get or stay in a rotation. I won't speculate as to why that is but he's played for three different organizations and three different head coaches yet the story remains the same.

Anyone expecting JJ to play a bigger role at SF or PF is fooling himself. It won't happen. And, if it does, it won't be over the course of an 82-game season.

Without trying to defend Casey, when it comes to JJ this is both logical and reasonable. He was benched by better coaches than Casey. This shit will never fly here. What were you thinking?

Comment

• West said he wants to play for contender and I guess he was willing to let go of money to make sure that happens.
        Now, I like to see GSW's guards play against the bigs of SA.

Comment

• Gregory Popovich ‏@FakeCoachPop 9s10 seconds ago

Let’s be honest, if I wanted your woman, I could sign her also right now.

Probably a lot of truth in that statement.

Comment

• That's one expensive ring god damn.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
              West said he wants to play for contender and I guess he was willing to let go of money to make sure that happens.
              Small Ball vs Big Ball

In all honesty, I don't think GSW will be able to play small against San Antonio. Bogut will be in the game.

Comment

• Well West really put his money where his mouth is.

Can kind of admire that.

SA is gonna be good again

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

Comment

That's it's own kind of sadness, though. That's like saying: "I want it, but I need a fantastic team around me because I've never been good enough". Sure, it's noble and admirable to take that much of a pay cut and a ego check, but there is that sadness, IMO.
                    He's made almost $90M in his career.

He should be set for life.

He has lots of money but no rings.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      No one is good enough to do it on their own. It's only sad for Indiana and their fans that one of their better players gave up $11M to leave their shit show behind. Only 2 years removed from the ECF. Harsh.
                      Surely you understood that by that I meant being a main piece on a team. If you want to get really on a semantic tirade, obviously no one can do it on their own, it's a team sport.

And the Gandhi quote is cute. But I don't really believe no one gets to that level without being super competitive and even a tiny bit selfish. So that's what I was talking about. About what we have to do to get where he want to go not always feeling the greatest.

Comment

• So he basically paid Spurs 10 mil to play for them. Damn.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          So he basically paid Spurs 10 mil to play for them. Damn.
                          If you explained to him that way, he probably wouldn't have signed

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            So he basically paid Spurs 10 mil to play for them. Damn.
                            West will be the cheapest and best backup PF in the NBA.

Comment

Surely you understood that by that I meant being a main piece on a team. If you want to get really on a semantic tirade, obviously no one can do it on their own, it's a team sport.

And the Gandhi quote is cute. But I don't really believe no one gets to that level without being super competitive and even a tiny bit selfish. So that's what I was talking about. About what we have to do to get where he want to go not always feeling the greatest.
                              I'm not sure he really saw himself as the main piece on a team. Offensively perhaps, but his contract was only 12M. Not like he sees himself as a max.

Besides, he'll be pretty important to keep an aging Duncan on the bench. I can't imagine Timmy plays much until it counts, until then West and Aldridge will be manning the paint

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                If you explained to him that way, he probably wouldn't have signed
                                Nah he don't care anymore. he is filthy rich he is doing it for the ego now.

Comment

Working...
                                X