No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't understand the hate. All we're really missing on this team at the moment is a veteran power forward (doesn't have to be a starter). Biyombo and Boozer is theoretically a nice combo off the bench, especially if you're paying them all of 5 mill. He'd be our David Lee, except making one tenth the salary. The reality is that Casey needs a veteran in that big man rotation - despite Patterson playing like a vet, there's just way too much youth (Bebe, Biyombo, Jonas, JJ, Bruno, etc) to expect cohesion.

CoJo
    Wright
    Ross/JJ
    Boozer
    Biyombo

Whether or not you have JJ in the backup squad (over Wright), you need a veteran with some skills to make it click, just as Patterson did for much of last season. If Bebe develops, you can always move Boozer into the Hayes' role. I know he's not a defender, but experience is experience.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Well, I would hope a) we don't sign Boozer, or b) we don't sign Boozer, or, worse comes to worse, c) we don't sign Boozer.
      On a vet minimum contract in a bench role? Why not? He would be a depth signing. Right now, they only have JV and Patterson in the bigs spots. Biyombo is a decent backup but he's likely to have a fairly limited role as a fourth big (maybe even fifth). They need some bodies.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Well brousards hot streak had to end at somepoint right?

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

If we sign him, it has to be 1 year vet min. Masai won't sacrifice future cap space for Boozer, and will most likely want some wiggle room for potential trades.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Is Broussard including us in that report simply cause we need a PF? I'll believe the interest if we sign him, which I hope either does not happen or is for very little on a one year deal. He may be able to help the bench with scoring, and Biyombo can help cover his poor poor D.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              On a vet minimum contract in a bench role? Why not? He would be a depth signing. Right now, they only have JV and Patterson in the bigs spots. Biyombo is a decent backup but he's likely to have a fairly limited role as a fourth big (maybe even fifth). They need some bodies.
              Also Bebe...

And JJ can slide to the 4 in most matchups.

But I still would like to avoid Boozer. He's not the player he once was and is awful defensively. And the fact that he's a vet scares me with Casey around. I can picture the 4th quarter pullings of Jonas for Boozer that he'll try to justify.

There are some serviceable bigs still out there. Hopefully they don't have to come close to considering Boozer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• How sad is that, we hope that our GM goes out of his way to not give Casey the ability to sabotage the team.

It's like a parent having to baby proof the outlets cause their kid is too stupid to not keep sticking forks in there.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  How sad is that, we hope that our GM goes out of his way to not give Casey the ability to sabotage the team.

It's like a parent having to baby proof the outlets cause their kid is too stupid to not keep sticking forks in there.
                  To be fair...kids usually learn after the first shock.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Avoid Boozer at all costs!!!!!!!

Rather sign someone like Darell Arthur or Jordan Hill or maybe even play JJ at 4.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      How sad is that, we hope that our GM goes out of his way to not give Casey the ability to sabotage the team.

Much worse when the kid is in his fifties.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Much worse when the kid is in his fifties.
                        And it's been five years of fork-outlet probing

Comment

• Arthur or Serapin. That is all.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Also Bebe...

And JJ can slide to the 4 in most matchups.

But I still would like to avoid Boozer. He's not the player he once was and is awful defensively. And the fact that he's a vet scares me with Casey around. I can picture the 4th quarter pullings of Jonas for Boozer that he'll try to justify.

There are some serviceable bigs still out there. Hopefully they don't have to come close to considering Boozer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                            Yeah, I don't understand why JJ at PF wasn't used more last season. JJ is similar size as Amir and Taj Gibson with excellent length. He's also one of the strongest and most athletic players on the team. Quick enough to guard some wings, too. He would seem like the perfect small ball "position-less" big man, if used correctly.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              Arthur or Serapin. That is all.
                              Highly unlikely that we sign another 5.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I don't understand why JJ at PF wasn't used more last season. JJ is similar size as Amir and Taj Gibson with excellent length. He's also one of the strongest and most athletic players on the team. Quick enough to guard some wings, too. He would seem like the perfect small ball "position-less" big man, if used correctly.
                                He wasn't used there last season for the same reasons he couldn't get on the floor in Chicago and lost his spot in Memphis to the corpse of Tayshaun Prince. Every coach raves about his game and his work on the floor but, surprisingly, he can't get or stay in a rotation. I won't speculate as to why that is but he's played for three different organizations and three different head coaches yet the story remains the same.

Anyone expecting JJ to play a bigger role at SF or PF is fooling himself. It won't happen. And, if it does, it won't be over the course of an 82-game season.

Comment

Working...
                                X