Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    I have so much hope for Ben Simmons.

What's going to happen is we get pick 14, he falls to 13, nobody trades with us because Masai is their living nightmare, and we miss out on Ben Simmons. Then I cry myself to sleep forever.
    I'm on the Dragan Bender bandwagon, myself. Basketball without borders mvp too, so you know masai's on this wagon too.

Comment

• Mo's actually a really good addition for the Cavs and it's a 2-yr/$4M contract. He fits what they need, he gives the 3point shooting that JR supposedly gives but he doesn't buckle in big situations and he knows how to play with Lebron.

Comment

• I was thinking: when is the swap set? Before or after the lottery?

Like if the Knicks end up with a league-worst record and the Nuggets are the 4th worst team, but Denver wins the lottery, what happens? Do we get the #1 pick?

Comment

• Fanchie wrote: View Post
          I was thinking: when is the swap set? Before or after the lottery?

Like if the Knicks end up with a league-worst record and the Nuggets are the 4th worst team, but Denver wins the lottery, what happens? Do we get the #1 pick?
          Technically they can decide to swap right up to the night before the draft itself, when the picks are finalized. Same rule that prevents teams from trading picks from the night before to after the pick is made.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Err, so no, there is no way we get #1.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Mo's actually a really good addition for the Cavs and it's a 2-yr/$4M contract. He fits what they need, he gives the 3point shooting that JR supposedly gives but he doesn't buckle in big situations and he knows how to play with Lebron.
              I didn't watch him play last year, but I know Mo's turning 33, he's a 6'1" combo guard who's only played more than 70 games one time in the past six seasons (injuries), his shooting has fallen way off (.397 FG% last year), and he can't play defense.

It looks like they're trying to bring JR back and Mo will bring some bench scoring.

If they end up needing a guy like Mo in the same way they needed James Jones this past spring, it'll probably mean they're already screwed.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Fanchie wrote: View Post
                I was thinking: when is the swap set? Before or after the lottery?

After, Raps can not get #1 overall. Just as well want the Raps to draft a stud with the Knicks pick

Comment

• He also went 14/7 last year and is an excellent free-throw shooter and a great spot up 3 guy. If you can find a better player in the league getting less than $2M a year that's not named David West I'd be surprised.

And now the Cavs have an actual backup for Kyrie.

Comment

He also went 14/7 last year and is an excellent free-throw shooter and a great spot up 3 guy. If you can find a better player in the league getting less than $2M a year that's not named David West I'd be surprised.

And now the Cavs have an actual backup for Kyrie.
                    Yeah the contract is great value.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      lol, this is exactly how LBJ ended up with a bunch of old men and no future in Miami. I don't get why he thinks bringing so many old farts to his teams is a good idea.
                      Though I agree lebron needs to ditch the old farts. But Mo had a 50 point game last year. He's far from done. He's still the perfect compliment pg to Lebrun. Even 6 years later
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

aww man I keep going to Draft Express and looking at the top 5 prospects. Haha don't let me down Knicks, I know you got another real stinker in you.
                        One of the NBA sites ranks Knicks & Denver 28 & 29. That means we might be looking at 3rd overal pick.
                        Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

• GM Lebron should have kept Wiggins and he would have won the championship for Cleveland this year and could have easily retired from basketball for good, if he wanted to. But this is easy to say in hindsight. Now until the end of his career as a Cavs player he has to do the impossible and win one for his home town or he's going to look back on his career and be disappointed with himself.

Although GM Lebron is the #1 player in the world, he still has a lot to learn in his GM role.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            SG not PG. with lin gone dont think they have a legit PG on the roster
                            With Clarkson and Russell, I think they are happy with their starting backcourt. I don't know which of them will be considered starting PG, both of them are ball handling dynamic combos.

Not to say that Lowry wouldn't be an upgrade short term. And Lakers might just make a short term focused move. But the smart thing for them to do IMO would be to just stick with Clarkson / Russell backcourt and let them develop.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Why the hesitancy to give up JJ? Casey proved he won't play him when there were no other defensive options. Now we have other defensive options, how on earth does he get off the bench?
                              I'm hoping (probably foolishly) that Casey will be gone by Christmas and Nick Nurse will call JJ's number.

Comment

• Holly shit, Suns want to trade Markieff. That's perfect, I hope Ujiri is on this thing.

EDIT: now that he's actually available, there are several cons. He doesn't rebound any better than PPat. I don't know how good he is on defense (somewhere between below average and above average, I guess). And it is said that he doesn't get along with Hornacek, which is a flag in terms of team chemistry. Prons: he's mobile, quick, has good size for PF position, is a good scorer and he is on 4/32 contract. That kind of deal is going to be peanuts when the cap jumps.
                                Last edited by Henry_Chinaski; Tue Jul 7, 2015, 07:05 AM.
                                MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Working...
                                X