No announcement yet.

2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN thinking of a past Raptor contract to compare this to, I think of AMir Johnson.

Many thought it was a huge overpay, and it probably was at the time, but Amir was young enough to become worth it.

Joseph is the same way.

And like Amir, both are advanced stats darlings.

Comment

• Didnt the raps say bruno was a 4? Mby he is the starter! /s

Comment

• Rodney Stuckey got 7 mil a year. I think it will end up being a nice deal. He's a proven backup, he can play big bench minutes for a contender and start some games when Lowry's injured, he's already shown that.

I think he would've had multiple suitors at midlevel, probably even teams like Dallas or Utah that would've offered him a starting gig. We offered him slightly above that to seal the deal quickly.

Comment

• How is this an overpay? 7m for a young versatile point guard who can shoot well, play good defense and initiate offense. This contract will be even more of a bargain in a year or two when the cap rises and Joseph hits his prime
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            i still would like to see Dorrell Wright get signed

great, GREAT 3 point shooter and he's a good defender too. could give good minutes at both the 3 and 4.
            If the Raps have 2.5-4M left over in cap room, that could go to Wright Sr, freeing up our wing depth to be traded for a starting PF.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42

Some good PF still out there: D. West, J.Hill, M.Teletovic, Amare, Jo.Smith, C.Boozer, L.Moute, L.Scola, R.Evans, C.Copeland, T.Hansbrough

6 Jul 2015

Comment

• I'd bring in Evans on a min deal again. I love his energy
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42

Some good PF still out there: D. West, J.Hill, M.Teletovic, Amare, Jo.Smith, C.Boozer, L.Moute, L.Scola, R.Evans, C.Copeland, T.Hansbrough

6 Jul 2015
                  He's a great follow on twitter.

Also, next time you're talking to Masai tell him to give Reggie Evans a vet min contract.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    I'd bring in Evans on a min deal again. I love his energy
                    We're on the same page lol.

Reggie on a vet min.

Ross for TJones straight up.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Actually, I'm not hugely worried about the 'hole' at PF.
                      - PP is good there on offense (could be better D/rebounding)
                      - BizB is great there on defense/rebounding (could be way better O)
                      - JJ or DemarreC can do the job in a small lineup
                      - Bebe plays this position, and could grow into something

And to get anyone in who is obviously a step above PP/BizB, i.e., a strong starter with both strong O and D, is going to cost us a lot more than PP+JJ's salary.

I can see bringing back Tyler on a deal we can afford in the space we have left: he's far better suited to PF than C where we played him last year. And if we have to start the season with the team we have, I think we might surprise ourselves with how well we do.

Comment

• i like Booker more than most of the guys on the market right now. his advanced stats are pretty eyebrow raising.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post

i like Booker more than most of the guys on the market right now. his advanced stats are pretty eyebrow raising.
                          If we guarantee his last year of salary 4.3m for what he does aint bad
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            If the Raps have 2.5-4M left over in cap room, that could go to Wright Sr, freeing up our wing depth to be traded for a starting PF.
                            absolutely
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Didn't know Mirza was a Free Agent, would be more then happy to sign him.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                I would love to Mirza Teletovic here. That guy can shoot the ever loving shit out of the ball...again as backup though
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X