Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

You've got the same people complaining about how DD's contract that he hasn't gotten yet is going to screw us, advocating for us to throw away assets while paying a max contract for a version of prime Amir (TT) who doesn't play great defense.
    at least with a max contracted TT(which would be 16 million tops) he is younger and excels at at least one thing. He is an excellent rebounder and a very capable defender.

Demar excells at nothing, the one thing he does well is get to the line, but that is a skill that can be easily negated, as evidenced in the playoffs. And he would cost 22+ million.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      In an interview posted in the Carrol thread, the interviewer asked Carrol why he chose toronto.

His answers where:
      1) 60 million dollars

60,000,001) other cool stuff Masai and Casey said
      If he's telling the truth
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Patterson is an absolutely ideal backup.
        Yep, he's a great back up PF and a valuable player / chip should he need to be included in a trade.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Good news for Axel - sounds like Axel Toupane is getting a camp invite (ie partially guaranteed deal) as well.
          signed a couple SF's... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            signed a couple SF's... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
            I think Roberts is more of a PF at that level at least.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              People need to get over these stop gap power forward solutions, TT or faried. I want this current platoon until we get a long term star in this position. I repeat: 2pat and scola until a needle mover presents itself. Probably 11 and a half months from now
              I think the answer to PF might be found with the DEN/NY pick in the 2016 draft.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                people need to get over this "DD recruited Carroll so he's a lifer!" garbage. remember when Parsons recruited Howard?
                And then Parsons recruited DeAndre Jordan - lol

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  at least with a max contracted TT(which would be 16 million tops) he is younger and excels at at least one thing. He is an excellent rebounder and a very capable defender.

Demar excells at nothing, the one thing he does well is get to the line, but that is a skill that can be easily negated, as evidenced in the playoffs. And he would cost 22+ million.
                  Thank god it's not an either or situation and it just shows how much we don't need TT that the best argument for him is its better than paying Derozan $20M+. I'm fairly confident we move on from DD by the end of next offseason, and I'm fairly confident we don't make any other big moves for the rest of this offseason. Players historically play their best ball in contract years, so there is an excellent chance DD increases his value during the year. Despite our best efforts on these fourms, we haven't found any good PF trade options for DD, and we've already shored up PF for the year with the Scola signing, which leads me to believe we're done on that front.

I think a DD sign and trade next offseason will be our best option to bring in a starting PF like Horford. I think Atlanta will finally be done experimenting with Horford at C and realize Splitter is a better fit there (plus Muscala and Tavares so they got C depth), and they're weak as hell at SG/SF so they actually could use a player like Demar. That's just one thought though, the options are much greater next offseason and using DD as a sign and trade piece gives us the ability to bring in a player like Horford in the $20M+ range (correct me if I'm wrong Dan).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Good news for Axel - sounds like Axel Toupane is getting a camp invite (ie partially guaranteed deal) as well.
                    Pretty epic name.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm all for it too, but if that pick somehow ends up top 5 or top 7 even, I think you start worrying about future franchise player and you don't draft positional need for this current quasi-eastern-contender. Of course if its more of a crapshoot, or the BPA IS a PF, then right on.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I would put it this way... forget about the money think about what each player is and can be. I see Demar as more talented and useful than TT.... we all complain that Demar is a second or 3rd banana on a championship team..... well TT was not a 3rd banana on a solid team...so why would you downgrade. The other thing is the guy is good but he won't be an all-star. He is more of a stat sheet stuffer. Like the other guy said he is Amir. Amir is good but Amir isn't the long term solution we always needed to move on from the guy even though he did his job and he did his job well. I personally think it is a waste of cap and it puts us in a position where we are worse off than before. Demarre is good but he can't carry DD's load. I think DD will be better with proper spacing and defending around him and they will rework the offence. You are just being shortsighted. DD also is good at getting to the line as well. I think that he won't ball hog quite as much this year with two proper wing options (TRoss wasn't really the best option) and 2pat as well.. We have enough high IQ guys that I don't think we need TT ....and lets be honest.... we will get a championship... just not this year when commander wiggins comes home.

Shortsighted is paying DD $20M plus. Then what? Raps currently have just $6M in cap space WITH the huge TV bonus coming.

"DD will be better with proper spacing and better defending around him and they will rework the offence." Good grief. It has been 6 years of these types of comments - all we needed was a reference to his hard work and dedication to improve his 3pt% and it would have been perfect. DeRozan is a relic of an era where incomplete pieces were used to compensate for one another. DD short comings were suppose to balance with Bargnani's supposed strengths. The guys Masai has brought in are complete basketball players with a new emphasis on defense.

As for TT, yes, in the new NBA, I'd rather pay TT $16M with 4.5% raises than $20+ to DD with 7.5% annual raises. My opinion, nothing more.

Comment

• I don't see Toupane as making the team and he can definitely make more money in Europe than d-league, but nonetheless I like some of what he's shown. He's made some really smart plays in transition.

Comment

agreed. at this point it seems the draft is pretty top heavy with bigs. while stupid to say that at this point, it is what it is. the bigs all seem to be the real deal.

but who knows maybe they'll go SG to backup General Powell
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• this french dude looks like a good shooter.

you guys aren't going to believe this but he's got a good sized wingspan
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
                                I think you're underestimating this kid, especially for what he should be able to do for their defense. He'll climb the depth chart quickly, especially when Pek gets hurt again
                                Don't get me wrong, I think he'll get minutes, it's almost certain that no.1 pick will get minutes. But typically rookies -- even future superstars like Anthony Davis or Durant -- don't have a huge impact. It's especially true for defensive end, defense takes some seasoning.

I don't think I'm under estimating, it's just what happens with top rookies all the time. They can have a lot of wow moments and even nice enough stats, but it very rarely translates into many wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X