Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    He isn't ideal....that is for sure.

The other issue is he is totally unrestricted in 3 years.

That doesn't give you a long time to build something around him.
    The positive side is that this is the Leastern conference, so you don't need to add multiple all stars within these 3 years to have a competitive team. I think if you keep making the playoffs and winning around 50 games, and offer him more money than anyone else, he will very likely stay.

If you could get Cousins, you get him, and then trust Ujiri to get some players. A good unselfish point guard, another scorer, some smart 3D players on the wing. It's doable. The first year would almost certainly be worse, but long term it's a team with a top 10 player, similar floor and higher ceiling.

Oh well, talk about getting hopes up. If only it was realistic.

Comment

Kelly disagrees.... and it is f&$^ing depressing:

Why the hell do you do anything Casey wants?

This is what scares me about Masai.

Casey throws his players under bus, he makes excuses, he was given what he asked for last summer..... and he failed!

This really is Masai's team now. No more excuses...at least not from me.
      most i got out of this is Cathal Kelly still sucks at reading between the lines

Casey's here because he has a fully paid year left on his contract, not because he's getting "another chance"
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I really thought about this one and I think it's a viable option.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qc2pw5o

Toronto Out: Valanciunas, Ross, Patterson, #20, 2016 TOR 1st
        Toronto In: Boogie

Sacramento Out: Boogie, Stauskas
        Sacramento In: Drummond, Patterson, Jennings, #8, 2016 TOR 1st

Detroit Out: Drummond, Jennings, #8
        Detroit In: Valanciunas, Ross, Stauskas, #20

Toronto does this for obvious reasons. You can't pass up on adding a top 10 talent.

Sacramento does this because Drummond, Patterson and Jennings fit the style that Karl wants to run (fast pace). They get to keep their pick, and they add two more picks.

Detroit does this because it allows SVG to run a system similar to what he was successful with in Orlando, and one he's been trying to force into working in Detroit without much luck. JV is a legit low post player that fills the Dwight role, and they pick up two shooters to put around him. They get to drop Jennings (and his contract) which lets them sign Jackson. They move down, but they still get a pick in this draft.

Toronto depth
        Lowry/Demar/??/??/Cousins
        Trashquez/??/JJ/??/Bebe

Detroit depth
        Jackson/KCP/Ross/Ilyasova/JV
        Dinwiddie/Stauskas/Meeks/Tolliver/??

Sacramento depth
        Jennings/Mclemore/Gay/PPat/Drummond
        Collison/#8(Hezonja?)/??/Landry/#6(WCS?)

Only way I think this trade works better is if Detroit managed to switch some of their SG's for #12ish.

Also, I would then trade Demar to Denver for #7, Chandler and try to pry Gary Harris. Then trade Trashquez for #18+Pap. Use the cap space and try to get Tobias Harris. Sign Cory Joseph. Pray that you get Winslow at 7.

Toronto new depth
        Lowry/Winslow/Chandler/T. Harris/Boogie
        Joseph/G. Harris/JJ/#18/Bebe

Comment

• Pistons fans go out into the streets asking for Joe Dumars back after this trade.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Pistons fans go out into the streets asking for Joe Dumars back after this trade.
            They might burn down the arena, and the rest of the city as well
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• If we rebuild I'd llike to trade Lowry /20 to SAC for Stauskus and 6th pick used on Hezonja. Trade DeMar to Orlando for Gordon and #5 and draft Porzingis

Then I want sign Jonas to a 5 year extension and surround him with Stauskus, Hezonja, and Porzingis, have Noguera, and Bruno come off the bench and let Jonas take 20 shots a game. Then next season we have two more lottery picks, we grab a PG and whatever else we need...and then we all get hand jobs from a french lady with a velvet glove.

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                They might burn down the arena, and the rest of the city as well
                I've been to Detroit recently...that might be an improvement
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  I really thought about this one and I think it's a viable option.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qc2pw5o

Toronto Out: Valanciunas, Ross, Patterson, #20, 2016 TOR 1st
                  Toronto In: Boogie

Sacramento Out: Boogie, Stauskas
                  Sacramento In: Drummond, Patterson, Jennings, #8, 2016 TOR 1st

Detroit Out: Drummond, Jennings, #8
                  Detroit In: Valanciunas, Ross, Stauskas, #20

Toronto does this for obvious reasons. You can't pass up on adding a top 10 talent.

Sacramento does this because Drummond, Patterson and Jennings fit the style that Karl wants to run (fast pace). They get to keep their pick, and they add two more picks.

Detroit does this because it allows SVG to run a system similar to what he was successful with in Orlando, and one he's been trying to force into working in Detroit without much luck. JV is a legit low post player that fills the Dwight role, and they pick up two shooters to put around him. They get to drop Jennings (and his contract) which lets them sign Jackson. They move down, but they still get a pick in this draft.

Toronto depth
                  Lowry/Demar/??/??/Cousins
                  Trashquez/??/JJ/??/Bebe

Detroit depth
                  Jackson/KCP/Ross/Ilyasova/JV
                  Dinwiddie/Stauskas/Meeks/Tolliver/??

Sacramento depth
                  Jennings/Mclemore/Gay/PPat/Drummond
                  Collison/#8(Hezonja?)/??/Landry/#6(WCS?)

Only way I think this trade works better is if Detroit managed to switch some of their SG's for #12ish.

Also, I would then trade Demar to Denver for #7, Chandler and try to pry Gary Harris. Then trade Trashquez for #18+Pap. Use the cap space and try to get Tobias Harris. Sign Cory Joseph. Pray that you get Winslow at 7.

Toronto new depth
                  Lowry/Winslow/Chandler/T. Harris/Boogie
                  Joseph/G. Harris/JJ/#18/Bebe
                  Pistons probably won't do this

Drummond with the slight edge on JV and

Jennings + 8( Hezonja? Stanley Johnson? ) >>>> Ross + Sauce + 20
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Kelly disagrees.... and it is f&$^ing depressing:

Why the hell do you do anything Casey wants?

This is what scares me about Masai.

Casey throws his players under bus, he makes excuses, he was given what he asked for last summer..... and he failed!

This really is Masai's team now. No more excuses...at least not from me.
                    I don't read anything into this other than the fact that Cathal Kelly is a moron.

Comment

• Pistons would never trade Jennings from the last year he had with them prior to the injury. It would have been like the Raptors not signing Lowry in 2014 after the year he had with us. They're going to keep him 100%.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Pistons probably won't do this

Drummond with the slight edge on JV and

Jennings + 8( Hezonja? Stanley Johnson? ) >>>> Ross + Sauce + 20
                        JV's a better fit with SVG though so to me they're upgrading. Also they want to get rid of Jennings regardless, but admittedly I haven't looked at what options they might have.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                          Pistons would never trade Jennings from the last year he had with them prior to the injury. It would have been like the Raptors not signing Lowry in 2014 after the year he had with us. They're going to keep him 100%.
                          Except they're not.

They're actively trying to trade him since they have Jackson

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Except they're not.

They're actively trying to trade him since they have Jackson
                            I've heard otherwise from Pistons Coach Van Gundy and GM Jeff Bower of the Pistons:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...rade/29109147/
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Not that the Raptors can offer it at the moment, but still, #23 looks available per hoopshype

Michael Scotto: Portland is interested trading the 23rd pick for 2 second-round picks, sources say.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Not that the Raptors can offer it at the moment, but still, #23 looks available per hoopshype
                                Trying to throw some bait out there. Probably for Minnesota or Philadelphia.

Comment

Working...
                                X