2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Actually he just declined to exit via his player option.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ain-miami-heat

Luol Deng opts in to stay next season with Miami Heat

Comment

• I feel like the rebuild is off the table for the next few years even though there are scenarios where it makes sense. we have 4 potential first round picks over the next two years. We may be able to trade our way into something
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The Millsap offer is the most amazing and unless another team matches I'd be shocked if he didn't take it: the Magic are basically telling him "come lead our kids into contention." And they can do it because next year, even with this offer, they'll have like $40-50m in cap space to play with, so he becomes the secondary star along a group of talented young players to land a whale.

It's a ballsy move. And it also suggests that they've given up trying to keep Tobias Harris, since Harris tweens between 3 and 4.

EDIT: And Broussard reporting that the Hawks have responded with a matching offer. WOWWWWWW.
        theyll have around 20M IF they let Harris walk and dont replace him or replace him with Millsapand then let every player due for a QO walk instead and dont replace them

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ain-miami-heat

Luol Deng opts in to stay next season with Miami Heat
          Demar for Deng straight up - a 2016 expiring for a 2016 huge pay raise

Comment

• Miami Mid SIzed Contracts

McRoberts

Haslem

Chalmers

I'd be interested in McRoberts but otherwise...meh

Miami could pay us a pick to take him
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              theyll have around 20M IF they let Harris walk and dont replace him or replace him with Millsapand then let every player due for a QO walk instead and dont replace them
              Next year the only player they have to extend (or not) is Oladipo, and his extension won't kick in until 2017 anyway. They're fine.

Comment

The Millsap offer is the most amazing and unless another team matches I'd be shocked if he didn't take it: the Magic are basically telling him "come lead our kids into contention." And they can do it because next year, even with this offer, they'll have like $40-50m in cap space to play with, so he becomes the secondary star along a group of talented young players to land a whale.

It's a ballsy move. And it also suggests that they've given up trying to keep Tobias Harris, since Harris tweens between 3 and 4.

EDIT: And Broussard reporting that the Hawks have responded with a matching offer. WOWWWWWW.
                Wow, I thought that was too much for Millsap and I would have liked him for around 15-18 ...

Now that Atlanta matches, I can not see them being able to go after LA.

Also, I can see Magic offering Harris the big money now !!!

It seems like every team is keeping their FAs by over paying them little or matching other offers.

Raptors should take note.

Comment

• There's a very strong chance that Raptors will end up without any of the big names from FA. What comes next? Should they overpay average players to fill the roster? I think it would be wiser to just get short term deals, suck for a year and then hit the market in 2016 with even more money. This thing with LMA starts to look like all or nothing.

Btw, what do you guys think about Orlando's offer to Millsap? Should Raptors go after him at this price if LMA signs somewhere else?
                  MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Next year the only player they have to extend (or not) is Oladipo, and his extension won't kick in until 2017 anyway. They're fine.
                    Harkless, Nicholson and Fournier. even if they let them walk for nothing theyll need to add replacements

Comment

Demar for Deng straight up - a 2016 expiring for a 2016 huge pay raise
                      They are both expiring in 2016 You know you don't have to give that contract to DD

Comment

• Pat Riely, that old fox did it again:

ESPN's Tom Haberstroh said the Heat signing Dragic "is huge, because they did not sign him to the max." The extra money will help with Dwyane Wade, plus Dragic is a "great player. One of the best finishing guards in the NBA."

Comment

Harkless, Nicholson and Fournier. even if they let them walk for nothing theyll need to add replacements
                          Unless something dramatic happens this year, none of those guys move the needle enough that veteran FA replacements can't do the job instead. (And I like Harkless. But.)

Comment

• Millsap:

"The New York Knicks, Indiana Pacers and Dallas Mavericks also expressed interest in Millsap, but he does not plan to meet with those teams, per source."

So it seems like we were not even in it.

"Millsap, 30, was paid $9.5 million per season with the Hawks."

That is hell of pay raise.

Comment

Unless something dramatic happens this year, none of those guys move the needle enough that veteran FA replacements can't do the job instead. (And I like Harkless. But.)
                              if aminu gets 7.5M replacing even 4 scrubs will cost 15-20M

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                new Raptors Republic contest. First one to mention DeMar DeRozan in the next 24 hours gets a flying elbow drop to the nutsack/ovaries.

2nd contest, if you can say ANYTHING that already hasn't been said about DeMar 450 fucking times a day ( I have to read this shit people...it's killing me) I'll like every post you make for a month and tell people you are a "cool dude"
                                2nd contest entry:

Demar has very nice teeth. He should smile more often and scowl less.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X