2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    Explain why you think Corey Joseph would be a good pickup for the Raptors without using the word 'Canadian'.
    Ok.

-He's regarded as a strong back-up PG with a reputation for tough defense.
    -His shooting has improved by leaps and bounds since entering the league.
    -He has played well in big games.
    -He's coming from one of the best organizations and, arguably, the best coach in the league. (see: culture, work ethic, etc.)

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      This is gonna sound like a bad excuse, but I can't be bothered to sift through the Everything DeMar DeRozan thread to find quotes for you. I will say though that Joey said this in response to the people saying that DeRozan MUST be traded because he WILL get a max and it's too much money.

I do remember in that thread that you said it's unlikely he does get the full max, so I'm not lumping you in that group. But that's not the sentiment that was echoed by many people in there.
      Just so we're clear here, it bothers you that some people present not-concrete arguments as fact, so you turn around and do it too?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Updates:

The Heat have re-signed Dragic for 90m over five years (Woj).

Orlando has offered Paul Millsap $80m over four years (Broussard).

Portland is coming to terms with Damian Lillard on a $120m five-year extension (Stein).

Mike Dunleavy has signed with Chicago: three years for $14.4m (Woj).
          What is MU doing ?? I think he is waiting for LA and not offering anyone anything else ... I think the ONLY good name left is Harris and LA.

I hope we don't end up with Lou William and Bismac Biyambo at the end of this FA signings.

Comment

• The Millsap offer is the most amazing and unless another team matches I'd be shocked if he didn't take it: the Magic are basically telling him "come lead our kids into contention." And they can do it because next year, even with this offer, they'll have like $40-50m in cap space to play with, so he becomes the secondary star along a group of talented young players to land a whale.

It's a ballsy move. And it also suggests that they've given up trying to keep Tobias Harris, since Harris tweens between 3 and 4.

EDIT: And Broussard reporting that the Hawks have responded with a matching offer. WOWWWWWW.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Oh, I wonder what Hawks are going to do now

Comment

• Deng has signed with the Heat as well.

Comment

• C.B:
                  Chris Broussard on LaMarcus Aldridge's free agency: "He's meeting with too many teams. ... It's going to be the Spurs or the Lakers." (via Mike & Mike)

Comment

• People actually follow Broussard?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DeAndre Jordan:

ESPN's Chris Broussard said it's probably a 2-team race: "The Knicks have a great pitch, 'Hey, come to the East, you can dominate.' ... Realistically it's Dallas and the Lakers."

Comment

• If you are going to chase the big FA's you can't blame the tier 2 guys for getting dem cheques in the meantime.

Part of chasing the big ones is being prepared to strike out.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                          Deng has signed with the Heat as well.
                          Actually he just declined to exit via his player option.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            People actually follow Broussard?
                            Yes , they do. He is actually making a lot of money from it too

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              People actually follow Broussard?
                              He's the journalistic equivalent of a queef
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                If you are going to chase the big FA's you can't blame the tier 2 guys for getting dem cheques in the meantime.

Part of chasing the big ones is being prepared to strike out.
                                I think if he strikes out, he will go for the rebuild. Maybe, he wanted to go for the rebuild from the get go and he just used LA as an excuse to satisfy the guys who are against the rebuild by saying:

" Well, we tried to go after the biggest FA and we were really close and did not make it. Now, the ONLY way to improve this team is to re-start because there are not many good FAs left and this team has reached his ceiling".

Comment

Working...
                                X