2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Do you think Toronto goes after CuJo though with Delon Wright basically projecting to be a similar type of player (can play both guard spots, good defender, smart playmaker, etc)? Joseph actually is only 8 months older than Delon.
    I know this is a strange concept here in Toronto, but how about we have multiple capable defenders?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Just seems weird when I saw tweets that his agent was using Parsons contract as a starting point. Why would he take such a low offer?
      Must really like Milwaukee, or wanted the 5 years of security.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I know this is a strange concept here in Toronto, but how about we have multiple capable defenders?
        I'm not saying CuJo would be a bad signing. Having him and Wright as the backup 1/2 combo would be very nice defensively. But I'm not sure the Raptors will invest long-term money into a guy so similar to someone that was just drafted.

Comment

I'm not saying CuJo would be a bad signing. Having him and Wright as the backup 1/2 combo would be very nice defensively. But I'm not sure the Raptors will invest long-term money into a guy so similar to someone that was just drafted.
          And it is very possible you are right. But assuming the Raptors hit on a Harris type, are there many options out there for between 7-9 million that are achievable?

Actually my plan A for that cap space would be to accommodate a trade of DeMar for a starting PF (ideally including a bunch of picks and making a move for Favors, which is a little pie in the sky). Obviously the best case for me would be if that Favors trade was salary neutral or only a slight rise, and then the rest is used on CoJo anyway. Talk about pie in the sky, right...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And it is very possible you are right. But assuming the Raptors hit on a Harris type, are there many options out there for between 7-9 million that are achievable?

Actually my plan A for that cap space would be to accommodate a trade of DeMar for a starting PF (ideally including a bunch of picks and making a move for Favors, which is a little pie in the sky). Obviously the best case for me would be if that Favors trade was salary neutral or only a slight rise, and then the rest is used on CoJo anyway. Talk about pie in the sky, right...
            Dude I'm not saying Joseph is a bad option at all, and yeah for 7M he's pretty realistic too (might even be able to get him for less than that). I just don't think he'd be the first guy Masai looks at with that money when he has a similar player already, that's all.

DeRozan isn't going to be traded.

Even ignoring all other factors, just the simple fact that Masai retained Casey is probably a hint that he's going to give Casey at least one more shot by bringing in guys that will play his system well and that Casey likes. DeRozan is both (basically the only guy other then JJ that actually works in our retarded defense that didn't fit our personnel at all last year) and Casey treats the dude like his son for better or worse (mostly worse, I wish we'd stop isolating so fucking much).

He's not going to get moved (that is the real "pie in the sky"), nor does he need to be.

Comment

Must really like Milwaukee, or wanted the 5 years of security.
              at $70M over 5 years, vs. the potential for injury within a short contract, for a young player who hasn't made much yet, I would probably put a lot of value in that long-term security too.

Comment

Dude I'm not saying Joseph is a bad option at all, and yeah for 7M he's pretty realistic too (might even be able to get him for less than that). I just don't think he'd be the first guy Masai looks at with that money when he has a similar player already, that's all.

DeRozan isn't going to be traded.

Even ignoring all other factors, just the simple fact that Masai retained Casey is probably a hint that he's going to give Casey at least one more shot by bringing in guys that will play his system well and that Casey likes. DeRozan is both (basically the only guy other then JJ that actually works in our retarded defense that didn't fit our personnel at all last year) and Casey treats the dude like his son for better or worse (mostly worse, I wish we'd stop isolating so fucking much).

He's not going to get moved (that is the real "pie in the sky"), nor does he need to be.
                My goodness am I tired of being told definitively what will or will not happen. At this time of year, do you really have to do that? I clearly stated this is what I personally would do and hope for, not that I would expect anything like it to happen.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My goodness am I tired of being told definitively what will or will not happen. At this time of year, do you really have to do that? I clearly stated this is what I personally would do and hope for, not that I would expect anything like it to happen.
                  As am I of being told that DeMar is definitely gonna get a max starting at ~25M next offseason.

Comment

As am I of being told that DeMar is definitely gonna get a max starting at ~25M next offseason.
                    So who said he definitely would get a max? Could you quote a few posts saying that? I don't recall it being stated that way.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Celtics showing interest in Amir -- If we don't resign him then I hope he gets an offer outside of the Atlantic

http://www.thescore.com/news/788764

Comment

So who said he definitely would get a max? Could you quote a few posts saying that? I don't recall it being stated that way.
                        This is gonna sound like a bad excuse, but I can't be bothered to sift through the Everything DeMar DeRozan thread to find quotes for you. I will say though that Joey said this in response to the people saying that DeRozan MUST be traded because he WILL get a max and it's too much money.

Joey wrote: View Post
                        I think another thing that needs to be clarified in all of this, is that majority of those "defending" Demar are not actually against trading him. Its the notion that he MUST be traded that I believe is up for debate... just thought that needed highlighting.

I do remember in that thread that you said it's unlikely he does get the full max, so I'm not lumping you in that group. But that's not the sentiment that was echoed by many people in there.

Comment

• Corey Joseph and Delon Wright are not the same player. Delon has 2 guard size, Joseph does not. Joseph is non ball dominant pg who is substance over flash. I think the two players could compliment each other well in the back court.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If LMA doesn't pick us we are not going to be able to get any good power forwards in free agency. Everyone is being taken or isn't even looking at us as a team. I don't think going after LMA is worth losing out on all these good players, mainly because LMA is most likely not picking us. Demare Carroll and Harris are still available but they probably won't be by the time LMA makes his decision.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Updates:

The Heat have re-signed Dragic for 90m over five years (Woj).

Orlando has offered Paul Millsap $80m over four years (Broussard).

Portland is coming to terms with Damian Lillard on a $120m five-year extension (Stein).

Mike Dunleavy has signed with Chicago: three years for $14.4m (Woj).
                              Last edited by magoon; Wed Jul 1, 2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                If LMA doesn't pick us we are not going to be able to get any good power forwards in free agency. Everyone is being taken or isn't even looking at us as a team. I don't think going after LMA is worth losing out on all these good players, mainly because LMA is most likely not picking us. Demare Carroll and Harris are still available but they probably won't be by the time LMA makes his decision.
                                Bluntly: if LMA doesn't pick us, there aren't any other power forwards (with the possible exception of Kevin Love) who dramatically change the direction of this team for the better. LMA is worth the attention because he's a true superstar-level player who is a legitimate #1 scoring option and excellent defender. There are no other power forwards on the market who do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X