• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the things i'd do for exum
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      Maybe they do see him as a shooting guard. Well, that's what he's been this year practically. A 3D shooting guard who's not very good at 3s, who's very soft and terrified of contact in the paint. He hasn't shown much in terms of point guard skills. Maybe he's a defensive shooting guard who can handle a little, move the ball and might develop a 3 eventually.

I don't know. I think he might still have a lot of value as a big point guard project, so if they don't see him reaching that potential, and they get a young star point guard for that role, they might be open to calls.

To me, big point guards are valuable because they are a matchup nightmare offensively. If you pick someone no.5 to be your big point guard, and then you decide that you have a small-ish, not very athletic shooting guard, you are losing value. It might be better to entertain offers from teams who still see a big point guard and a potential matchup nightmare.
      Bledsoe would actually make it a lot easier to develop Exum since there won't be any pressure to start him or play him heavy minutes. Getting Bledsoe probably makes Trey Burke available, not Exum. I think Burke kinda sucks, so no interest there.

Comment

• regarding bruno, remember how whenever the spurs take a euro player everyones groans cause it's like "oh that's just dandy they'll stash him for 3 or 4 years and then he'll come to the league and be a great player", well that's what MU is doing with Bruno, but with the d-league.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Aminu's a great fit, especially with the league being the way it is nowadays. he can guard the big 3's of the world (Lebron, Melo) but also switch out on all these VF's (versatile forwards - millsap, josh smith, aaron gordon) and guard them on the perimeter where they do most of their damage while also able to hold his own in the paint.

his completely inability to shoot is concerning, especially FT's, but i kind of look at him as a poor man's MKG. if you can grab him for 4ish mil that's great value.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            regarding bruno, remember how whenever the spurs take a euro player everyones groans cause it's like "oh that's just dandy they'll stash him for 3 or 4 years and then he'll come to the league and be a great player", well that's what MU is doing with Bruno, but with the d-league.
            Are people seriously already getting impatient with Bruno?

Comment

• Raptors + Aminu means either one of JJ or Demar has to go no?

That spacing......

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                the things i'd do for exum
                I agree here. He's incredibly raw (he was/is literally in the same boat as Bruno except may have played a little more) and I wouldn't project him to really start to get good until maybe the beginning of his second contract (but should be serviceable much sooner).

While he has the size to be a combo guard; his strength is as a big PG.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• we should trade for Eric Bledsoe
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    I agree here. He's incredibly raw (he was/is literally in the same boat as Bruno except may have played a little more) and I wouldn't project him to really start to get good until maybe the beginning of his second contract (but should be serviceable much sooner).

While he has the size to be a combo guard; his strength is as a big PG.
                    i'd play him at SG personally, but yeah. i'm a huge, HUGE fan. his athleticism is absurd. i don't think he's that far off - last year he was starting over Burke at the end of the year.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• We should pitch KLove a 1 year max contract, tell him that afterwards, with the cap jump, he'll be in line for a bigger max and can re up then. If he chooses to re up with us or not, not a problem. But basically he'd be coming into a team that was one of the top I the east, where he'd be the main guy and have a chance to make some noise. He's still young enough to ring chase on a max next year or after that, and this team, with the right amount of effort, energy, team play and a little bit of luck, can go far.
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        we should trade for Eric Bledsoe
                        Are the Suns really trying to move him ? I don't understand them at all. Last season, they got 3 PGs ( Thomas, G.D and Bledsoe) and now they are moving them all out ... What is that they are trying to do ?

Comment

• Stein reporting that Brooklyn and Memphis were in advanced talks for trading Joe Johnson but talks broke down.

Important for two reasons:

1. Memphis wants perimeter players and thus are a potential trading partner for Ross. They're out of draft picks to trade (a 2020 first is about what's left), but they do have Jarnell Stokes and that plus their 2018 second might not be bad return.

2. Brooklyn wants to get rid of Joe Johnson's mammoth contract and there might be an opportunity there for us if we go into rebuild mode.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            Are the Suns really trying to move him ? I don't understand them at all. Last season, they got 3 PGs ( Thomas, G.D and Bledsoe) and now they are moving them all out ... What is that they are trying to do ?
                            It's really hard to see much of a comprehensive plan, but I think they're attempting the Ainge route of collecting assets to leverage star talent down the road. (Bledsoe seems like the Nene move MU pulled)

They just seem inept with the way the Dragic move unravelled and now this apparent move to build around Knight. Not that I dislike Knight, but they're all over the place.

Comment

• Bucks seem to be linked to every big man FA out there, especially Deandre Jordan and Monroe.

would they be able to offer a max after re-signing Middleton?

want Middleton so bad
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Interest in Aminu means that we're more or less trying to build the Golden State Warriors minus the elite shooting.

This should be an entertaining warehouse fire, if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X