X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    why?

Cause you say so?

I think Phoenix does that trade because they need some size in their back couort. And reports are that they prefer Knight to Bledsoe. Demar gives them similar production as Bledsoe and less money.

Houston wants a pg upgrade, that is all over media for a while, they would definately take Lowry, an Allstar pg to join their ranks, especially with replacement pieces there to take over for the players going out in the deal.

Anc Chicago gets one of the 2 pieces they really need filing their holes. They need a starting Small Forward, Snell and McDermott is not gonna help them against good teams in the playoffs. Ariza is a huge upgrade for them there, Domo is a young piece and the pick will most likely be top 10. That is very good value for a 23 year old 1st year player, even though he has shown flashes of brilliance. Again we are talking about winning now and still getting a top ten pick in the offseason.

If you disagree, awesome, tell me why?
    I rarely get involved in these types of discussions, but the Number 1 reason these trades won't happen is that what we think teams are going to do is invariably wrong, and the more complicated and more pieces involved the likelihood decreases to the point of winning 6/49 odds.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      Because I'm not trading Lowry + the NYK 1st for anything other than a goddamn superstar.

lol at you saying DeMar sucks and then saying PHX would value him as much as Bledsoe.
      Lowry and the NYK first isnt getting you a superstar, nor is the pick going to be a superstar. Stop overvaluing our assets and be real here.

I never said Demar sucks, I spoke of the benefits of Having Bledsoe over Demar for Us, not of reasons why it would benefit Phoenix to have Demar over Bledsoe.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        I rarely get involved in these types of discussions, but the Number 1 reason these trades won't happen is that what we think teams are going to do is invariably wrong, and the more complicated and more pieces involved the likelihood decreases to the point of winning 6/49 odds.
        Just come out and say it. Talking trades can be fun but 100% of what's imagined will never happen. I can't recall one person calling one single trade. I recall people calling FA signings though.

Comment

• I_Worship_Joe_Johnson wrote: View Post
          Buddy. Stein is like the most repututable reporter after woj. He's tweeted this before. AND he was just on the radio saying derozan was part of the recruiting, so he doesn't think demar will be moved. In no way, shape, or form did he mentionan thingamajig outa. USA today article.

I don't know why you keep bringing that up
          Because there is no proof of it, yet it is being thrown around here as a reason to why we need to keep Demar.

Massai, Carroll, Casey, Demar....non have said otherwise and all reports out of Toronto started with sourcing the article in USA Today. And the Article in USA today said no such thing about Demar being involved that I could find...unless it was printed then the story was taken down and rewritten.

So Stein saying it now is just a repetition of what has been spoken previously. Doesnt make it true, it is how media works...like that game Chinese rumor.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Phoenix won't do that trade.

Bledsoe > DeRozan
            Thats possible, but Demar does give them the backcourt size they want, and is a bit cheaper too.

Also their skillsets are similar but Demar and Knight is a better backcourt than Knight Bledsoe imo

Comment

Lowry and the NYK first isnt getting you a superstar, nor is the pick going to be a superstar. Stop overvaluing our assets and be real here.

I never said Demar sucks, I spoke of the benefits of Having Bledsoe over Demar for Us, not of reasons why it would benefit Phoenix to have Demar over Bledsoe.
              Hear it this way.

I am not selling the NYK pick just to rid myself of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. Kapeesh?

Unless I am getting a superstar.

On top of that, PHX is not giving you Bledsoe for DeMar, that's just plain stupid.

Comment

Becoming a star =/= a star
                So then you would trade the pick for Mirotic then

Comment

Alright, if Mirotic = Dirk with defense and Bledsoe>DeMar, why the fuck do the other teams do these deals? Because you say so?
                  I already reasoned why above, more than once..you can scroll up and read.

Comment

So then you would trade the pick for Mirotic then
                    No.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Of course it generally always wrong, but the debate is very fun.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Just come out and say it. Talking trades can be fun but 100% of what's imagined will never happen. I can't recall one person calling one single trade. I recall people calling FA signings though.
                        I called the hedo trade years ago on a different board, but that might have just been"throw enough darts at the board..."

Comment

I already reasoned why above, more than once..you can scroll up and read.
                          Because Motiejuanas and Ariza do amazing things for them? Why in the world would they have us in the deal then? For a pick? I'd just give Mirotic to HOU for the two of them, wouldn't you?

Also, PHX has shown they do not care for your size in the backcourt. On top of that, you say DeMar does only one thing well, and it's get to the line. Why would they trade Bledsoe, who according to you can do so much more, for size and free throws. How does that make sense to you?

Comment

Thats possible, but Demar does give them the backcourt size they want, and is a bit cheaper too.

Also their skillsets are similar but Demar and Knight is a better backcourt than Knight Bledsoe imo
                            DD is essentially expiring and can walk next summer. There's absolutely zero change Phoenix is gonna do this
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No.
                              So you think we will Keep Demar forever and draft a immediate impact superstar like durant or something then eh?

Comment

Because there is no proof of it, yet it is being thrown around here as a reason to why we need to keep Demar.

Massai, Carroll, Casey, Demar....non have said otherwise and all reports out of Toronto started with sourcing the article in USA Today. And the Article in USA today said no such thing about Demar being involved that I could find...unless it was printed then the story was taken down and rewritten.

So Stein saying it now is just a repetition of what has been spoken previously. Doesnt make it true, it is how media works...like that game Chinese rumor.
                                If your not going to believe reporters who live in the world if basketball front offices. I don't think your ever going to believe. Myself, personally, believe a well respected reporters word more than a guy sitting in his basement claiming otherwise. That just me tho

And it's not a reson to keep demar. It's proof that he probably won't be traded. I'm pretty indifferent if he's traded/kept. As long as it's a fair return
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X