Batum: Does he still fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yup. No need to shed any valuable assets for him now. And I think he'd be a great fit here, assuming he returns to form...but yeah, not worth giving something like a pick up for when you can just wait til free agency. And we don't have many other assets to deal. I'd do it for Greivis and Ross....but I don't even think the money works there.
    That works $-wise.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      That works $-wise.
      Hmmm...trade Machine said it didn't. I mean, I suppose we could send them cash to round it out though.

Don't know if they'd want Greivis though.

Comment

Ross+JJ+GV for Batum+Blake works in the trade machine.

Comment

C'est la vie

Comment

Hmmm...trade Machine said it didn't. I mean, I suppose we could send them cash to round it out though.

Don't know if they'd want Greivis though.
            Would work after July 1st

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Ross+JJ+GV for Batum+Blake works in the trade machine.
              No thank you to this deal.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                No thank you to this deal.
                You're talking from the Blazers point of view, right?

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                  You're talking from the Blazers point of view, right?
                  Healthy Batum it's a good deal. Last year Batum, it's a bad deal.

What kind of gambler (or doctor) are you?

Personally, I'd pass on that deal too. JJ and Ross can produce in roles and Ross can still improve. Batum could be done ala Landry Fields.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Our pick next year should be the same as this year, anywhere from 18-22. I think giving up that pick to get one year of Batum and his Bird rights is worth it.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Healthy Batum it's a good deal. Last year Batum, it's a bad deal.

What kind of gambler (or doctor) are you?

Personally, I'd pass on that deal too. JJ and Ross can produce in roles and Ross can still improve. Batum could be done ala Landry Fields.
                        I see Ross out of the leage sooner rather than later. Having GV part of that trade is fantastic. I like JJ but there are plenty of JJs in the league. I would take the chance of landing a potential impact player for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

Have always liked Batum...and worth taking a risk acquiring him after a subpar season. A couple of mitigating circumstances as to why a bounce back is likely:

... He went thru a contentious divorce
                          ... Injuries
                          ... Next season is last yr. of contract so it's giddyup time
                          ... Has decided not to play for Team France this year

I as well am loathe to give up the 1st but maybe MU can get one in another deal. We do need a good defensive SF in a bad way and Ross is from the area too.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Have always liked Batum...and worth taking a risk acquiring him after a subpar season. A couple of mitigating circumstances as to why a bounce back is likely:

... Injuries

I as well am loathe to give up the 1st but maybe MU can get one in another deal. We do need a good defensive SF in a bad way and Ross is from the area too.
                            The concern is largely with the injury issue. I believe he had an injury on his shooting wrist, and I believe it was fairly serious...like tore a ligament or something.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

... Injuries

False

Batum said the first change will be how he manages his time in the offseason. He said his late decision to join the French National team last summer ended up over-extending him.

"Last year, I didn't manage my offseason well,'' Batum said. "I didn't plan to go with the national team last summer, and when I did, I had already made plans to make appearances and camps. I didn't rest.''

This summer, he said he will play for the French National Team, but he will rest before he reports in August.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...ll_change.html

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The concern is largely with the injury issue. I believe he had an injury on his shooting wrist, and I believe it was fairly serious...like tore a ligament or something.
                                "torn ligament in his right wrist" - his shooting wrist.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...nt_in_his.html

Comment

Working...
                                X