No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They can't guard you Ant Man. Let's go.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I can't believe Edwards got a tech for staring at Jackson. Absolute bullshit.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Like I said the other day, Denver might get swept if they're not careful. Minnesota is the best team in basketball. If they win the next game this series is over.

I also would like to apologize for calling Edwards a top 5 player in basketball. I think he's already the best player in basketball.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Like I said the other day, Denver might get swept if they're not careful. Minnesota is the best team in basketball. If they win the next game this series is over.

I also would like to apologize for calling Edwards a top 5 player in basketball. I think he's already the best player in basketball.
          Man, you got NO chill. Lol Ant is sick. Everyone agrees. I got my jersey on. Don't need to go making it out of hand though. There's 2 sides of the court, and Ant doesn't do a whoole lot on the other end. Maybe he's the best Offensive player in the league, but even then Shai, Jokic and Luka got pleenty to say. The league is in good hands.

Comment

• Watching the way the TWolves have played and then looking at OKC with their team and all the draft picks they've accumulated, does it really matter who coaches the Lakers or the Clippers or the Suns? Looking much like all those "superteams" will end up with in the foreseeable future are participation awards.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Watching the way the TWolves have played and then looking at OKC with their team and all the draft picks they've accumulated, does it really matter who coaches the Lakers or the Clippers or the Suns? Looking much like all those "superteams" will end up with in the foreseeable future are participation awards.
              It always comes down to money and how to pay all their guys. Ant will be on a supermax and Kat and Rudy are already on big deals. Naz and J-Mac will be looking for big paydays. Same with OKC.

A lot of the teams that have been contenders for the last decade are looking old rather quickly aren't they?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Watching the way the TWolves have played and then looking at OKC with their team and all the draft picks they've accumulated, does it really matter who coaches the Lakers or the Clippers or the Suns? Looking much like all those "superteams" will end up with in the foreseeable future are participation awards.
                yep, theres a new crop of stars and I think its fair to say they have officially taken over. The days of winning chips is over for the LBJs, Durants and Currys...the league belongs to Jokic, Doncic, Shai and Edwards...and maybe Tatum.

Comment

• I know one thing, Denver is gonna need Murray to take over a couple of games in this series if they are gonna beat that Wolves team. They just don't have the depth and Porter and Gordon aren't enough if Jamal isn't going to score alot and with decent efficiency. I have more faith in Edwards to go on a scoring rampage in any given game and that makes me lean on Minny to win this series.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Man, you got NO chill. Lol Ant is sick. Everyone agrees. I got my jersey on. Don't need to go making it out of hand though. There's 2 sides of the court, and Ant doesn't do a whoole lot on the other end. Maybe he's the best Offensive player in the league, but even then Shai, Jokic and Luka got pleenty to say. The league is in good hands.
                    I'm pretty chill. All I said was he's the best player in the game(he is). Compare that to what everyone on twitter is saying, they're saying he's the next Michael Jordan lol.

And btw, Ant is a great defensive player too, so I don't know what you're talking about.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm pretty chill. All I said was he's the best player in the game(he is). Compare that to what everyone on twitter is saying, they're saying he's the next Michael Jordan lol.

And btw, Ant is a great defensive player too, so I don't know what you're talking about.
                      Again, I love Ant, game needed someone like him - dynamic, exciting, uber-athletic SGs are always the easy sell for the NBA - the archetype even, of what makes the NBA, the NBA - but I'm curious what specifically makes him obviously better than Shai, Luka, Jokic, or Giannis? Or even others. Maybe he's the most exciting player in the NBA to watch right now? I'll give you that pretty easily.

And I wouldn't say he's a "great" defensive player. I mean, great defenders will make the 1st and 2nd team all Defense .. which he will not. He may very well get there, but I'd say he's "adequate" at best right now. He's got defenders out the wazoo around him, which is just great team building, but he himself is not a "great" defender.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Again, I love Ant, game needed someone like him - dynamic, exciting, uber-athletic SGs are always the easy sell for the NBA - the archetype even, of what makes the NBA, the NBA - but I'm curious what specifically makes him obviously better than Shai, Luka, Jokic, or Giannis? Or even others. Maybe he's the most exciting player in the NBA to watch right now? I'll give you that pretty easily.

And I wouldn't say he's a "great" defensive player. I mean, great defenders will make the 1st and 2nd team all Defense .. which he will not. He may very well get there, but I'd say he's "adequate" at best right now. He's got defenders out the wazoo around him, which is just great team building, but he himself is not a "great" defender.
                        Joey, this whole thing is subjective lol. If you say Giannis is the best player in the game, I'm not going to disagree with you.

All I know is this. If I'm building a team from scratch, and I have these pool of NBA players in front of me. I'm taking Edwards over ANY of them.

Edwards was the best player on the floor last night. This is not a debate. He was also the best player in the last series. The series that have Durant and Booker.

Most exciting player to watch? no. The most exciting player to watch is still Steph Curry. Steph Curry on torpedo mode will never get old.
                        Last edited by The Great One; Sun May 5, 2024, 01:00 PM.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Twitter and social media has gone pretty overboard with the Ant hype. He isn't the best player yet until he actually beats the best teams and the current best player in the league which is Jokic.

He has been a pretty impressive player though, especially this post season and has a good team around him. A high quality rim protector, a high quality stretch big, a solid vet PG, a 3&D player and one of the best sixth man.

Comment

• Came in too late for my second round prediction but going to go ahead anyway:

Celtics over Cavs in 5
                            Knicks over Pacers in 6

TWolves over Nuggets in 6
                            Mavs over Thunder in 6

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Came in too late for my second round prediction but going to go ahead anyway:

Celtics over Cavs in 5
                              Knicks over Pacers in 6

TWolves over Nuggets in 6
                              Mavs over Thunder in 6
                              Copy-cat. Lol Though I had the Wolves in 7. Giving the defending champs the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• following PM on the too-late train...

celtics in 6 (missing zinger might make this closer than it would otherwise be, especially if allen comes back sooner than later)
                                knicks in 5
                                wolves in 6
                                thunder in 7

i've thought denver was going to repeat all year as long as they didn't run into minnesota, who are the worst matchup for them. unfortunately they did and did so with a banged up murray and with ant finally living up to the hype that's been bestowed on him for two years. he's putting up less stinkers like game 2 of the suns series, which he used to do with more frequency, and putting together more consistently efficient nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X