Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Carmelo gonna go on pod and complain how he's being erased from Knicks
    Melo in his prime was a good player BUT not as good as the media portrays him to be.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

All the Twitter and reddit stans have been crickets since those games.

I think we got fair value back for Pascal, he's not worth a superstar package. Really glad we're not gonna be paying him the max.
      Could've been way worse for Pascal. His primary defender would've been Giannis in the Bucks series, if he wasn't injured. That's a first round exit and no 30 pt games, for sure.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

All the Twitter and reddit stans have been crickets since those games.

I think we got fair value back for Pascal, he's not worth a superstar package. Really glad we're not gonna be paying him the max.
        Does a Max signed Pascal have higher trade value than an expiring Pascal. That's the real question. I think we made the right move, but I think that is the more accurate way of framing it.

Comment

Carmelo gonna go on pod and complain how he's being erased from Knicks
          Yo this is wild. Lol

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Siakam has been subpar first two games. If he played better they would’ve won both.
            I mean, that's really the case for any team that loses out in the playoffs.

"If _______ played better they would've won ______" is a Universally true-ish statement. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Does a Max signed Pascal have higher trade value than an expiring Pascal. That's the real question. I think we made the right move, but I think that is the more accurate way of framing it.
              The answer to that would be No, I really do not believe he does. I think a max signed Pascal would have even less suitors. We saw Sacramento bow out when Pascal held firm he wanted a max deal from whoever trades for him.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean, that's really the case for any team that loses out in the playoffs.

"If _______ played better they would've won ______" is a Universally true-ish statement. Lol
                Is it though?

Most players are not that impactful to where if just they play better their team wins. I think this would apply to only a few guys on each team.

Comment

• Him being under contract doesn't help his value. The reason his value is like that is because teams interested in him are playoff teams who need help. Picks they gonna give you will be late picks and they cant give up good players because it defeats the purpose of loading up for the run. (Think of how we didn't want to give up Barnes, OG and Pascal for Dame)
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Him being under contract doesn't help his value. The reason his value is like that is because teams interested in him are playoff teams who need help. Picks they gonna give you will be late picks and they cant give up good players because it defeats the purpose of loading up for the run. (Think of how we didn't want to give up Barnes, OG and Pascal for Dame)
                    Yep. Pascal being on a max contract is only valuable as a trade asset if he's like: Jokic, Shai, Luka, Embiid, Giannis, Curry, KD, etc.... where teams know that he's actually worth MORE than the max contract. And Pascal's playoff record, as a leading man, hurts his trade value even further.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Pascal being on a max contract is only valuable as a trade asset if he's like: Jokic, Shai, Luka, Embiid, Giannis, Curry, KD, etc.... where teams know that he's actually worth MORE than the max contract. And Pascal's playoff record, as a leading man, hurts his trade value even further.
                      His value is closer to Tobias Harris honestly. Pascal's value among fans stems from stuff he did 5 years ago and him being All-NBA 2nd team and 3rd team.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

pretty subpar playoff for him overall except for the first two monster games against the bucks
                        It seems like it’s hard for him to be consistently engaged in that offence. He’s getting lots of shots but they aren’t that great. There is way too much Halliburton and Turner two-man game on key possessions.

Comment

• Celtics just live and die by the 3. They didn't hit their 3s tonight so they got blown out by the Cavs.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            Celtics just live and die by the 3. They didn't hit their 3s tonight so they got blown out by the Cavs.
                            Celtics aren't as unbeatable as every media person wants to think. Wouldn't be surprised to see them not make without of the east.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Celtics aren't as unbeatable as every media person wants to think. Wouldn't be surprised to see them not make without of the east.
                                it's not just media outlets it's also all the statistical models that have them as one of the most overwhelming title favourites of this century. and it's because they kill teams, and that's because of how much they rely on the 3 ball.

but they pretty well suck in close games and their best player is not very good as far as best players go which is why i've been saying i expected either a healthy sixers or knicks team to take make the finals for months now (healthy for the knicks not counting randle - they're fine without him).

those teams had to face each other in round 1 unfortunately and it looks like the knicks are gonna be pretty banged up so they basically will get a walk in the finals... but i'd take any remaining team in the west except dallas over them

Comment

Working...
                                X