Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

it's not just media outlets it's also all the statistical models that have them as one of the most overwhelming title favourites of this century. and it's because they kill teams, and that's because of how much they rely on the 3 ball.

but they pretty well suck in close games and their best player is not very good as far as best players go which is why i've been saying i expected either a healthy sixers or knicks team to take make the finals for months now (healthy for the knicks not counting randle - they're fine without him).

those teams had to face each other in round 1 unfortunately and it looks like the knicks are gonna be pretty banged up so they basically will get a walk in the finals... but i'd take any remaining team in the west except dallas over them
    lol. You did not pick the Knicks for months to make the finals. You’re just trying to cover your butt because Nurse got owned hard by Thibs without Randle (who makes a big difference). Just take the L and move on.

Comment

• Damn that's like the shot that Christian Laettner hit against Kentucky.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I mean Smith screams MLE signing to me. So maybe you outbid that at around 15M, if you want to go absolutely wild maybe you get near 20M. Either way, the Raptors can generate enough cap room to sign him. Signing Olynyk did not impact that. So not sure what you are on about.

What it takes to attract Smith is to offer him more than other teams. It's very simple. The question is not whether we can attract him, the question is whether we WANT to.
        Extending a 34 years old Relic Olynyk is backward thinking when this team is 2 years away from sniffing a legitimate play-in or playoff contention. The most STUPID move before the season even ended prior to an offseason, who the fuck does that?

If he wanted to go that older version slash vet complementary cast, then where was he when a Derrick White was available.

Or if goes the younger route, then where was he when PJ Washington a 25 years was gettable

He is snoozing in Africa scouting and still stuck in a pipe dream trying to find the next 6’9” phenom

If he didn’t sign Olynyk, he can pursue young RFAs like a Patrick Williams.

Dumbass moves post chip

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. You did not pick the Knicks for months to make the finals. You’re just trying to cover your butt because Nurse got owned hard by Thibs without Randle (who makes a big difference). Just take the L and move on.
          i've been calling the celtics overrated and overly reliant on 3's for months now and liked the winner of sixers/knicks to come out of the east. i picked the sixers in 7 only because that was my horse early in the year, but was pretty skeptical they could beat NY when it was pretty clear embiid was not going to regain his pre-injury form.

overall point is these celtics are frontrunners.

and it would be awesome for the knicks to have randle with how banged up they are now but he's like the 5th or 6th most important player on their team when healthy imo

Comment

• Game of runs here. Dallas making too many mistakes.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i've been calling the celtics overrated and overly reliant on 3's for months now and liked the winner of sixers/knicks to come out of the east. i picked the sixers in 7 only because that was my horse early in the year, but was pretty skeptical they could beat NY when it was pretty clear embiid was not going to regain his pre-injury form.

overall point is these celtics are frontrunners.

and it would be awesome for the knicks to have randle with how banged up they are now but he's like the 5th or 6th most important player on their team when healthy imo
              If you’re going judge Randle by impact, then he’s a close second to Brunson using LEBRON and 3rd behind Brunson and Hartenstein in EPM: two of the better publicly available impact stats. Randle is a huge loss for the Knicks, any way you want to slice it.

Comment

• Even if the genius Sam Presti’s team may not get it when it’s all said and done, this team core is so young and so promising lead by a young stud who just got robbed of a MVP award. They are an exciting team to watch.

…and Mr. Presti still has a boatload of draft capital.

Comment

• Giddey is awful.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't understand why SGA is not trying to take over this game. Score the ball man, stop passing the ball to Williams.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Everytime Holmgren drives the ball it's a turnover.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• wut?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Extending a 34 years old Relic Olynyk is backward thinking when this team is 2 years away from sniffing a legitimate play-in or playoff contention. The most STUPID move before the season even ended prior to an offseason, who the fuck does that?

If he wanted to go that older version slash vet complementary cast, then where was he when a Derrick White was available.

Or if goes the younger route, then where was he when PJ Washington a 25 years was gettable

He is snoozing in Africa scouting and still stuck in a pipe dream trying to find the next 6’9” phenom

If he didn’t sign Olynyk, he can pursue young RFAs like a Patrick Williams.

Dumbass moves post chip
                              OK so to be clear, you are not upset we can't go after Smith like you explicitly said, you have now shifted the goalposts to being upset we can't go after an even higher salary player because of Olynyk. Please get your story straight next time so we can talk about what you think, rather than what you say you think but actually you think something else.

It is pretty obvious the Raptors had no intention to try to sign a big money FA this summer, which would be why they extended Olynyk. It's not the other way around, that they signed him and went "oops! no cap space left." It's a conscious decision. I'm not sure I'd be super happy about spending 30M on a Patrick Williams, personally...
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

OK so to be clear, you are not upset we can't go after Smith like you explicitly said, you have now shifted the goalposts to being upset we can't go after an even higher salary player because of Olynyk. Please get your story straight next time so we can talk about what you think, rather than what you say you think but actually you think something else.

It is pretty obvious the Raptors had no intention to try to sign a big money FA this summer, which would be why they extended Olynyk. It's not the other way around, that they signed him and went "oops! no cap space left." It's a conscious decision. I'm not sure I'd be super happy about spending 30M on a Patrick Williams, personally...
                                You are putting words into my mouth like you always do in every debate and this may not even be exclusive to me but with others as well LOL.

We can pursue both Jalen Smith and Patrick Williams while UJIRI can find a Skilled Nursing Facility for Relic Olynyk to retire.

Comment

Working...
                                X