Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai has many problems:

1. Unrealistic goals (vision 6'9", signing that superstar FA which never happens, in TO at least)
    2. Lacks foresight and clear goal ( are we in a full rebuild, soft rebuild, or what?)
    3. Reactive (bad moves for the sake of just making moves, ie Jak trade, Porter Jr, Temple, Jalen,,,,list goes on and on and on)
    4. Emotional (hanging onto his players for too long, which forces him to be #2 and #3). Sad truth: Sports is all about winning and money.

I know there's more....

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Sixers getting lit up by the Knicks was telling in how poorly that Philly team is constructed. Money has a lot of work to do there.

The Suns barely making the chart is hilarious.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Sixers getting lit up by the Knicks was telling in how poorly that Philly team is constructed. Money has a lot of work to do there.

The Suns barely making the chart is hilarious.
          The ORTGs & DRTGs in the Knicks-Sixers serie was a dead heat. So Knicks also got lit up by Sixers, and they supposedly have better defenders, so I don't think you can point it squarely at roster construction. The difference was clearly coaching. Thibs pushed the right buttons at the right time.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The ORTGs & DRTGs in the Knicks-Sixers serie was a dead heat. So Knicks also got lit up by Sixers, and they supposedly have better defenders, so I don't think you can point it squarely at roster construction. The difference was clearly coaching. Thibs pushed the right buttons at the right time.
            Nope, this is dumb again. Look at their rosters, the Knicks top 8 is so much better than Philly's top 8.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Nope, this is dumb again. Look at their rosters, the Knicks top 8 is so much better than Philly's top 8.
              First off, the NBA playoffs is all about stars & superstars. Nurse had 2, Thibs had 1. Secondly, Nurse had a bench, but we all know that he doesn't trust his bench and shreds their confidence. We also know that Nurse's systems are tailored to make the top 2 guys successful and everybody else has to read and react off them - that require high IQ players... it doesn't work that great for role players. Case in point was Buddy Hield, who he forgot to use in the series until it was too late. And finally, Nurse was supposed to be this genius superstar stopper defensive genius, who only had to figure out a scheme how to stop one tiny little guy. He got thoroughly outcoached by Thibs... who was missing his second best player (voted an all-star by NBA coaches.... 3 of the last 4 seasons).

I was told repeatedly that Nurse would be judged on how far the Sixers advance in the playoffs. And he laid a big fat egg. Worse than Doc Rivers. That's terrible. No excuses.... just take the L.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

First off, the NBA playoffs is all about stars & superstars. Nurse had 2, Thibs had 1. Secondly, Nurse had a bench, but we all know that he doesn't trust his bench and shreds their confidence. We also know that Nurse's systems are tailored to make the top 2 guys successful and everybody else has to read and react off them - that require high IQ players... it doesn't work that great for role players. Case in point was Buddy Hield, who he forgot to use in the series until it was too late. And finally, Nurse was supposed to be this genius superstar stopper defensive genius, who only had to figure out a scheme how to stop one tiny little guy. He got thoroughly outcoached by Thibs... who was missing his second best player (voted an all-star by NBA coaches.... 3 of the last 4 seasons).

I was told repeatedly that Nurse would be judged on how far the Sixers advance in the playoffs. And he laid a big fat egg. Worse than Doc Rivers. That's terrible. No excuses.... just take the L.
                No L to take here. Nurse couldn't win over a better roster. Thibs is a great coach too so Nurse couldn't get an edge there to overcome the large talent disparity.

Knicks have been a lot better without Randle. He's like Poole he's an empty stats guy.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'll take the chip over SGA.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'll take the chip over SGA.
                      Could have maybe had both. Depends what it cost to get a 15th or higher pick in that draft. We traded Derozan, Poeltl and a first for Kawhi and Danny.

Comment

• I just think it's crazy that the Hornets drafted SGA. That same franchise drafted Kobe Bryant.

They drafted two generational players only to trade them the same day. If they kept Kobe, they'd prolly have multiple chips by now.

How do they keep fucking things up?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No L to take here. Nurse couldn't win over a better roster. Thibs is a great coach too so Nurse couldn't get an edge there to overcome the large talent disparity.

Knicks have been a lot better without Randle. He's like Poole he's an empty stats guy.
                          Can’t believe how fast Nurse went from “elite genius difference maker who coaches up squads, especially in the playoffs” to “he’s facing KD Warriors so it’s not fair to judge him.”

And Randle is a top 2 or 3 winning impact player on the Knicks, by almost any advanced metric. I know it’s hard to accept that Nurse failed so badly, but it’s only a problem if you had high expectations in the first place… which you did. But you don’t have to start making up stuff now, like Randle had a negative impact to winning.
                          Last edited by golden; Fri May 10, 2024, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Is Thibs really going to play Josh Hart 48 mins in every game this series?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Thibs is doing wonders with this undermanned team so far

Comment

• What a game. This series remind me of March madness. Lots of mistakes and missed free throws makes crazy endings
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X